Scouting in The Championship

Classical Mechanic

There have been a number of players that made their name in The Championship that have stepped up and become PL players recently. United's Dan James for one. Which players should be be looking at? A few ideas.

Jude Bellingham - United are supposed to be interested but most clubs are probably watching him. 16 years old and starting most weeks. Played in 7 positions for Birmingham this season from defensive midfield to upfront. He's reminiscent of Pogba in some ways with his build and skill level but likes a tackle or can hold in the middle of the park. Whoscored's algorithm hints at his range of attributes.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/379868/Show/Jude-Bellingham

Jarrod Bowen - 23 years old Hull player. The guy is a legit right wide forward which is a position we could use a player in. 25 apps 15 goals & 6 assists so far this season. Probably the most statistically impressive player in the league over the past couple of seasons.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/322596/Show/Jarrod-Bowen

Eberechi Eze - Aside from the cool name he's 21, unfortunately plays left wing primarily. Great dribbler and super confident.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/332403/Show/Eberechi-Eze

Ben White 22 - centre back - Leeds, on loan from Brighton. Like James Maddison before him he's one of those players that has just got a lot better all at once. He's ball playing defender. I think he's a more realistic signing than Kevin Philips because he doesn't belong to Leeds and will have 2 years left on his deal at the end of this season

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/322036/Show/Ben-White

Any other suggestions?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Eze is really good, plays the game in similar way to Grealish.

Jaydon Bogle at Derby had really good stats last season although not sure if he's been as good this season, RB.

Conor Gallagher is another to watch, box to box midfielder on loan at Charlton from Chelsea. Talk Burnley is looking at him.

Also think Jamal Lowe at Wigan will eventually play in premier league although he's still adapting to the championship so a bit off atm.

Classical Mechanic

Eze is really good, plays the game in similar way to Grealish.

Jaydon Bogle at Derby had really good stats last season although not sure if he's been as good this season, RB.

Conor Gallagher is another to watch, box to box midfielder on loan at Charlton from Chelsea. Talk Burnley is looking at him.

Also think Jamal Lowe at Wigan will eventually play in premier league although he's still adapting to the championship so a bit off atm.
I'm not a massive fan of Gallagher personally. I've seen a lot of him for England and while he's a good runner and scores some bangers I just don't think he's good enough on the ball. Burnley kind of seems the right club for him! Bogle has been less effective this year looking at his stats but the Derby are not too great this season so he might have been dragged down with his team. I agree that Eze is reminiscent of Grealish with the way he can give players the run around.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Couple of Brentford players:

Ollie Watkins
Said Benrahma
Bryan Mbeumo

Brentford are in dire straights atm, though. Benrahma reminds me of a btec Mahrez.

Edit: sorry, Brentford aren't, it was Bristol.

Classical Mechanic

Couple of Brentford players:

Ollie Watkins
Said Benrahma
Bryan Mbeumo

Brentford are in dire straights atm, though. Benrahma reminds me of a btec Mahrez.
There was a bit of hype about Watkins early last season, looks like he's doing well upfront. Benrahma's stats look pretty impressive. Josh Da Silva's doing well for them too it seems. Forgot all about him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There was a bit of hype about Watkins early last season, looks like he's doing well upfront. Benrahma's stats look pretty impressive. Josh Da Silva's doing well for them too it seems. Forgot all about him.
Yeah, forgot about him as well. His stats are padded out by that 7-0 dribbling against luton where he got 3 goals and an assist, but Brentford have an eye for a good young player.

Benrhama interests me the most, seems very creative.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not sure Brentford will sell anyone for once this window. They have a small chance of top 2 and think they'll certainly finish in the play offs.

On their day they're as good to watch as Leeds imo especially at Griffin Park.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Nathan Ferguson is getting scouted by several Europa Clubs. He's a 19 year old fullback for West Brom, played 1500+ mins this season so far and out of contract soon.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah no chance they'll sell in Jan, but they're definitely worth scouting! Yeah, I tend to watch them if they're on sky and the lad that's just joined my team is a season ticket holder, so I'll be kept well up to date!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Norwich will get relegated to the Championship which could mean Max Aarons being available.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Kalvin Phillips - already a thread on him but would be a good back-up to one of our midfielders.

Baneofthegame

Jarrod Bowen - actually plays right wing, 6 months left on his deal as well I believe. Unfortunately not the quickest player if we are actually going to be a high press team.

Bellingham - Would be a good buy and then loan back to them for a year and a half sort of deal.

Phillips/White - Not sure they are being sold by either club, also Phillips embodies Leeds so that’s another hurdle.

Eze - We already have two players at his position.

Bowen intrigues me just because he plays a position we need, might be available for less and could be a backup to a big money signing aka Sancho or could back up Greenwood if he breaks out.

In Rainbows

Bellingham would be a great buy. We could loan him for a year to help Birmingham get promoted, and could be a back up to Pogba while Pogba is 28+. Having England's best talent from the 2000, 2001, and 2003 generation would be a strong intent to dominate the 2020s.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who was the last player Man. United actually signed from the lower leagues, Nick Powell?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ben White is an interesting one. I never watch him (never watch Leeds) but I have heard a lot of good things about him and based on YouTube, he looks like someone that I can see to be a regular England centre back for many years. He never play for Brighton apparently, spent majority his career on loan. I know it sounds silly that we are aiming on centre back but I personally don’t rate Lindelof to be good enough to play as our regular centre back and Tuanzebe just can’t stay fit to challenge Lindelof’s spot, Ben White is definitely my option. You don’t find a lot of top class potential centre back nowadays.

Rocknrolla69er

Jarrod Bowen - actually plays right wing, 6 months left on his deal as well I believe. Unfortunately not the quickest player if we are actually going to be a high press team.

Bellingham - Would be a good buy and then loan back to them for a year and a half sort of deal.

Phillips/White - Not sure they are being sold by either club, also Phillips embodies Leeds so that’s another hurdle.

Eze - We already have two players at his position.

Bowen intrigues me just because he plays a position we need, might be available for less and could be a backup to a big money signing aka Sancho or could back up Greenwood if he breaks out.
Bowen is by no means slow, im from Hull so see alot of him, first caught my eye playing against United and inparticular had a right ding dong with Rashford. The club have an option to extend for a further year so make it 18 months left , he l cost £25m upwards. Hes direct, can beat players dribbling with pace, and the thing i like about him most is his intelligence amd the positions he takes up hes very aware of potential situations and this makes him jonny on the spot alot of the time for his goals. Hes left footed cuts in from the right for most of his goals but does have a right foot too. Is he good enough for United big question marks id say handy backup at best.

11reds

Bowen, Watkins and Bellingham we should be after these three in particular. They play in positions we need streghtening in.

We have too many has beens and not good enoughs at United.

It's sickening to see clubs like Spurs and Leicester take a chance on championship players and get players who grow with the team ie madisson and Deli Alli come to mind.

Buying Sanchez, di Maria, falcao, lukaku didn't solve our problems it made our problems worse. Think having a look in the championship complimented with youth players and seasoned pros is the way forward.

I think adding a good pro of James milners ilk is very important it sets standards.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not in the Championship but Kwadwo Baah has already made 4 appearances for Rochdale in League one at 16 years old. He plays as a striker and I'm sure he will be monitored closely by United.

dogwithabone

There’s a centre back at my local club Oxford, Rob Dickie, who I am sure will grace the PL at some stage. Oxford are having an outstanding season and this lad is the cornerstone of that success. They haven’t conceded a goal at home in the league since the middle of August and he’s the main reason. Rumoured to be on the way to Derby in this window for upwards of £3m. If so I’m sure his stay there will be short lived because Championship football will be a breeze for him.

He’s immense in the air and sticks out like a saw thumb at the level because of his ability to bring the ball out of defence and instigate attacks. L1 to PL is obviously a massive step but he’s a gamble worth every penny of what would be a paltry amount to a PL club.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Matheus Pereira looks to have as much ability as anybody I’ve seen in that league for a long time with the output to match. 23 years old
It's enough with one Pereira that people can't spell the name of, in the team.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
I watch England at youth level religiously. Eze, Gallagher and Josh Dasilva all came through around the same time and rarely impressed me then. All have made great strides since with regular football in the Championship. It's exactly what Chong and Gomes desperately needed and didn't get.

Ben White looked a good prospect the times I watched him on loan at Newport. Good on the ball and handled himself well physically given that he's not the biggest centre back.

Minkaro

It's enough with one Pereira that people can't spell the name of, in the team.
You mean you don't want to see Joel Pereira in goal, Ricardo Pereira (who I've seen us linked with) at RB, and Andreas/Matheus in midfield? Dream big, man! Pereira United!

I'll second Nathan Ferguson. Can play any of the defensive positions, so he'd act as cover at least.