Date of birth: 02.02.99
Height : 1.94 m
Citizenship : Burkina Faso
Position : Centre Back
Prefer foot : Right
Club : Bayer Leverkusen
Joined Leverkusen for : 18 mill Euro , 31.Jan.2020
Current Market Value : 30 mill Euro

Description : A young, confidence, composure, calm and aggressive CB with a decent pace. With a precise passing foot and ball control.

Comparison : Better than Lindelof. Tabsoba is more composure and cool with the ball than Bailly. So i think i will rate him better than Bailly. Better and more mature than Axel Tuanzebe too. I might pick Tabsoba over Maguire too. And i like this boy over Dayot Upamecano. Upamecano is really fast, but not as composure and cool with the ball like Tabsoba. I will pick Tabsoba over Upamecano. Upamecano is too often all over the place. Upamecano shall slow down the pace and intensity a bit. Because he use to left a space and hole when he push forward and all over the place. In team you shall have a really deep laying cm playmaker. If a CB hit the pass from A to B really often is really good. You don’t need to run with the ball forward all the time. Your main job is to pr and defend your goal.
With Tabsoba’s composure. He know when he needs to use his max speed.

Tabsoba current level : Not top level yet. It’s about to be consistent over few years. Before i give him top level. With a level from 1-5. 3 is average. I rate Tabsoba 4.5. Tabsoba is a really good CB and is really on a high level.

Sum up. I will recommend Edmond Tabsoba to United. Run and buy him before Liverpool or other Europe big clubs do it. Drop Dayot Upamecano and go for Edmond Tabsoba instead. Tabsoba is a confidence CB. Composure and has the balance. The balance between being fast in the head and coolness. Borned in 1999. Buy him this January. Then United will have a really really CB, for a decade. And can boost United winning premier league title and Uefa cup this season. Being super fast is not the most important ability. But the balance and composure with the ball. Mature and a stong and confidence mentality and personality. Character and winning mentality. Mentality and how you are in your head and how you use it is most important. Decisions making and guts.

His video :

Go for Edmond Tabsoba this January United. A buy and signing you will not regret. This boy is the real deal. I can my write name on this. His market value is 30 mill euro. All from 30-50 mill. euro plus add on. Will be a right and good price. For both parts. A year with Leverkusen. Double the fees. It’s a good business for Leverkusen. Good luck ;)

Last edited:

micmac

" I might pick Tabsoba over Pogba too "...based on what? Pogba is not a CB..

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Tapsoba has always impressed when I’ve seen him. Watched more of him last year when Bundesliga restarted.

Bojan Djordjic

Tapsoba is very good at many things but there were some scatter charts going around from one of the twitter analytics guys in the summer trying to identify a new CB for United and one of the main criticisms of Tapsoba which ruled him out was his vulnerability in aerial duels. Only wins 50% of them or so. This is a good bit less than Lindeloff who frequently causes trouble through his lack of physicality in aerial duels.

Sea-Cow

Date of birth: 02.02.99
Height : 1.94 m
Citizenship : Burkina Faso
Position : Centre Back
Prefer foot : Right
Club : Bayer Leverkusen
Joined Leverkusen for : 18 mill Euro , 31.Jan.2020
Current Market Value : 30 mill Euro

Description : A young, confidence, composure, calm and aggressive CB with a decent pace. With a precise passing foot and ball control.

Comparison : Better than Lindelof. Tabsoba is more composure and cool with the ball than Bailly. So i think i will rate him better than Bailly. Better and more mature than Axel Tuanzebe too. I might pick Tabsoba over Pogba too. And i like this boy over Dayot Upamecano. Upamecano is really fast, but not as composure and cool with the ball like Tabsoba. I will pick Tabsoba over Upamecano. Upamecano is too often all over the place. Upamecano shall slow down the pace and intensity a bit. Because he use to left a space and hole when he push forward and all over the place. In team you shall have a really deep laying cm playmaker. If a CB hit the pass from A to B really often is really good. You don’t need to run with the ball forward all the time. Your main job is to pr and defend your goal.
With Tabsoba’s composure. He know when he needs to use his max speed.

Tabsoba current level : Not top level yet. It’s about to be consistent over few years. Before i give him top level. With a level from 1-5. 3 is average. I rate Tabsoba 4.5. Tabsoba is a really good CB and is really on a high level.

Sum up. I will recommend Edmond Tabsoba to United. Run and buy him before Liverpool or other Europe big clubs do it. Drop Dayot Upamecano and go for Edmond Tabsoba instead. Tabsoba is a confidence CB. Composure and has the balance. The balance between being fast in the head and coolness. Borned in 1999. Buy him this January. Then United will have a really really CB, for a decade. And can boost United winning premier league title and Uefa cup this season. Being super fast is not the most important ability. But the balance and composure with the ball. Mature and a stong and confidence mentality and personality. Character and winning mentality. Mentality and how you are in your head and how you use it is most important. Decisions making and guts.

His video :

Go for Edmond Tabsoba this January United. A buy and signing you will not regret. This boy is the real deal. I can my write name on this. His market value is 30 mill euro. All from 30-50 mill. euro plus add on. Will be a right and good price. For both parts. A year with Leverkusen. Double the fees. It’s a good business for Leverkusen. Good luck ;)
I appreciate the info on a player that I am unaware of. I will be on the lookout for him now. Thanks mate.

Polar

Comparison : Better than Lindelof. Tabsoba is more composure and cool with the ball than Bailly. So i think i will rate him better than Bailly. Better and more mature than Axel Tuanzebe too. I might pick Tabsoba over Pogba too. And i like this boy over Dayot Upamecano.
Tabsoba current level : Not top level yet.
Some inconstancy behind the lines, at least in my view. Perhaps it’s because we value Bailly, Lindelof and Tuanzebe differently. Bailly’s performance has been top-level lately, and I also think you underestimate the other two. Bear in mind PL and Bundesliga is two different cups of tea. I think for example Hummels will struggle big time in PL. Hope Liverpool take him on a loan-deal:D

I agree Tabsoba would be a good investment (long term). In short term I don’t thing he would make much difference.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s been impressive since joining Leverkusen for sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
nice to see you back luckyscout!

I would also prefer Tapsoba over Pogba as a centre back. You judgement really is spot on as usual.

I hope you have E-mailed this to Ed Woodward?

LuckyScout78

For those who are interest in scouting.
Interesting date 30.01.21:
Leipzig - Leverkusen 18:30 : Dayot Upamecano & Edmond Tabsoba. No need for watching two matches.

Its no doubt Upamecano is a really good CB too. But my cup of a tea it’s no doubt Tabsoba. It’s the composure level on the ball. Like United Bailly. I would tell Upamecano to slow down a bit if i am his head coach. You are a CB, not a defensive cm player. If you a dcm, then you are more free to push forward more often. As one of the two CB. You have to be discipline to hold back.
That is the only minus i m seeing with Upamecano.

And United Bailly. Really good one on one. But Bailly minus is his poor and dangerous tackling. Not top decisions making.

So again. Composure, decision making and full packet as a CB or football player. Including mentality abilities and factors.

Another CB to watch out is Leicester’s Fofana. He does impress me.

But right now. I am most confidence with Tabsoba. Beside Bayern Munchen 18 years old CB Tanguy Kouassi. If Kouoassi hit the level before he got injury. Then Bayern Munchen have a top level and world class CB in the future.

In the end. Realistic to get. Market value and quality. And at the current level. Tabsoba would be the best choice.
And didn’t Woodward just talked and did a business with Bayer Leverkusen, due to selling Mensah to Leverkusen?
Hopefully its easier for Woodward to talk and negotiate with Leverkusen‘s responsibility for transfer. ;)

LuckyScout78

" I might pick Tabsoba over Pogba too "...based on what? Pogba is not a CB..
Sorry and thank you for correcting. I meant Maguire. Maguire is a really good CB. Even Maguire is nota top level of CB. Not big different. Tabsoba is just more explosive and quicker than Maguire in the first metres.

I just didn’t checked my post over again.

micmac

Sorry and thank you for correcting. I meant Maguire. Maguire is a really good CB. Even Maguire is nota top level of CB. Not big different. Tabsoba is just more explosive and quicker than Maguire in the first metres.

I just didn’t checked my post over again.
In my opinion Maguire is an ok defender...looked like a superstar in a lesser team. The big thing for me is he seems like a confidence player always playing low on confidence.

I’ve never watched him play and think to myself “wow, that was a real captain’s performance. He really dominated that game.”

He always have to triple think over everything before making a move. It’s like over trying to make a good impression when you meeting your girlfriend’s father for the first time.

If he can show the confidence of our glass man Bailly, I wouldn’t mind they taking a punt on him on the cheap

Reactions: Cheimoon

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Tapsoba is very good at many things but there were some scatter charts going around from one of the twitter analytics guys in the summer trying to identify a new CB for United and one of the main criticisms of Tapsoba which ruled him out was his vulnerability in aerial duels. Only wins 50% of them or so. This is a good bit less than Lindeloff who frequently causes trouble through his lack of physicality in aerial duels.
How can a 6'4 CB be shite in the air?

meamth

Maguire is an okay defender? sigh.

An okay defender is those players playing in the mid table, Maguire has proven he can perform for Manchester United.
Once we win something, then Maguire will be labeled as world class.

You can go and get all the hipster CB around the world, but not many will work out and play consistently at United.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I believe it wasn't posted yet, so:

The kicker elected him as the best CB of the first half of the 20/21 season. The top 10 goes

Tapsoba
Hummels
Ginter
Orban
Friedrich
Upamecano
Konate
Boateng
Tah
Halstenberg

The kicker has a very good reputation in Germany and it's the most prestigious media ranking of this kind. They do it for every position twice every season, after 17 and 34 games. I thought the ranking was a bit off the last few years in all fairness but biased me thinks it's not undeserved.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I believe it wasn't posted yet, so:

The kicker elected him as the best CB of the first half of the 20/21 season. The top 10 goes

Tapsoba
Hummels
Ginter
Orban
Friedrich
Upamecano
Konate
Boateng
Tah
Halstenberg

The kicker has a very good reputation in Germany and it's the most prestigious media ranking of this kind. They do it for every position twice every season, after 17 and 34 games. I thought the ranking was a bit off the last few years in all fairness but biased me thinks it's not undeserved.
nteresting to see Konate in the list considering he's missed a lot of games due to injury.

LuckyScout78

His market value has rise 30 mill euro. And it will still rising. As earlier United bought him, as lower price United will get for him and lesser competition buying him in this summer.

And if it’s difficult for Leverkusen to find a replacement by the end of this transfer window. United can offer Tuanzebe in deal. Tuanzebe still in the developing time. Maybe playing regular for Leverkusen will helping his development. But to be honest with Tuanzebe. He is really really far from a regular spot for a team like United chasing for the league trophy. Tuanzebe has sit too much on the bench. Like Mensah just joining Leverkusen. Tuanzebe at this age. Needs regular first team football. If not, i m afraid of Tuanzebe future. You are not becoming a better CB and football player by sitting on the bench and playing U23 reserve football.

Tuanzebe, Rojo or Phil Jones. If Leverkusen found them good enough to replace Tabsoba this window. If not 30-40 mill plus add on.

In the end. Tabsoba birthday is 02.Feb. The day after this January transfer window closed, 01.Feb night. Wake up and see and read. You have joined one of the biggest club in the world. Will be great birthday gift.

He is composure on the ball. But can be aggressive when it is needed. You have to know when to go all in with the tackle and when to use your speed and physical to outrun and out muscle opponents players. Decisions making.

United let Leverkusen got Mensah for a low and good price. Pick up the phone and call the Ceo of Leverkusen again Woodward. A young, composure, quality CB you will get.

Tuanzebe not ready and there yet.
Bailly often injured in the last years
Maguire not the quickest CB in first metres. Slow acceleration
Lindelof got bully really often
Mengi not ready yet.

United definitely need a new really good and quality CB. Buy Tabsoba when the price is still low. Good luck on this. ;)

Tallis

No clues about this guy but it is quite often the case that there is too much focus on the wrong player and there is gem just in the vicinity. I recall how Quaresma was getting hyped in the Spanish media and we had a free run at Ronaldo.

it’s possible that everyone is just focussed on Dayot when this guy is the real deal.