Sean Dyche

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Apologies if there is a thread. I couldn't find one (admittedly I didn't try very hard).

What do you lot make of this guy?

Think he's done a brilliant job at Burnley the last few years. Fair play for them for sticking with him when they were relegated. A lot of teams are quick to fire their manager when relegation is on the cards but they've stuck with him and are starting to reap the rewards.

He's built a solid team with limited resources. Deserves more plaudits than he gets IMO. Burnley will stay up this season.

Wouldn't surprise me if a bigger PL club came in for him in the summer.

Bwuk

Been brilliant for Burnley. Don't they have the best home record in the league apart from a Chelsea?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a good manager. He's turned Burnley into one of those teams you hate playing against.

opopop

Hes doing good but cant help but feel he will stick with burnley as a bigger premier team wont come in for him, until burnley eventually get relegated. Suppose he could get as far as West Brom level.

Pity theres no chance he would move up a level outside England. I say no chance cause how many British managers do that.

When is Merson starting the campaign for him to get promoted to Hull manager?

Aint gota Kalou

He needs to get them playing away from home for a bigger club to be interested in him. He's definitely done a good job though.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Ginger Mourinho
Was a very good player (for our division) in his Chesterfield days.
Met him a couple of times when he was a player and watched him run a training session with Burnley last time they were in the pl...
Very very different to Eddie howe but certainly 2 up and coming English managers.
To be honest I'd rather him than Southgate as England manager... but that's mostly because I don't rate Southgate at all and if nothing else I think dyche would fire the team up

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
I hope he stays for a good while yet and finishes the job hes started.

We been unlucky in the past with managers moving on when they are on the verge of taking the club to the next level.

The difference between Dyche and Howe/Coyle is that he gives me that belief that he believes in the club and it is capable of delivering on his ambitions...to a certain extent.

Burnley is a club with good potential and is run very very well and pound for pound probably has the best supporters in the game.

Think we need some serious investment in the stadium though if we want to establish ourselves as a decent premier league team.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I hope he stays for a good while yet and finishes the job hes started.

We been unlucky in the past with managers moving on when they are on the verge of taking the club to the next level.

The difference between Dyche and Howe/Coyle is that he gives me that belief that he believes in the club and it is capable of delivering on his ambitions...to a certain extent.

Burnley is a club with good potential and is run very very well and pound for pound probably has the best supporters in the game.

Think we need some serious investment in the stadium though if we want to establish ourselves as a decent premier league team.
Went to Turf Moor a season or two back when you played PNE in the cup. Awful, awful stadium!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He reminds me of Simeone. His team knows how to completely destroy a game but at the same time, you can't really accuse them of playing bad football. Burnley play some decent stuff.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He could quite easily have 0 points away from home this season, the only one they have was at OT. Surely he can't be that great if they've lost 10 of their 11 away games this season with no wins.

I agree they're fantastic at home though, better than their squad should be, which attributes to the manager.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Great underrated manager. He could become "the new Allardyce" for the way you hate to play against his teams.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Up there with Mark Hughes for bitchiest manager whenever his side don't win.

Dobbs

He could quite easily have 0 points away from home this season, the only one they have was at OT. Surely he can't be that great if they've lost 10 of their 11 away games this season with no wins.

I agree they're fantastic at home though, better than their squad should be, which attributes to the manager.
I don't think it matters. Ultimately they're 12th in the EPL. 'Good' doesn't do that achievement justice.

As with all up and coming managers his timing on taking the next job will be crucial.

Fener1907

He's potentially turned them into a team worthy of the Premier League, not just hanging around and being one of those 'pointless' sides that people on here have often label them as. Still, that away record is terrible. I'm curious to see if the home form will dip and they'll be dragged towards a relegation battle towards the very end. That's what I'm thinking will happen.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Been brilliant for Burnley. Don't they have the best home record in the league apart from a Chelsea?
Not quite, 4th best after Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal having played a couple more games than them.

Still, he's done a great job with them. Next step is to improve their away form I guess.

AR87

Not quite, 4th best after Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal having played a couple more games than them.

Still, he's done a great job with them. Next step is to improve their away form I guess.
In fairness I think of late their away form has been improved, they just haven't got the results to support the improved level they've shown on their travels quite yet though.

Andy Jones

Supports
SUNDERLAND
I think he's doing alright. No more really. For him to be considered a good manager, he needs to get Burnley playing and picking up points away from home. Expected them to struggle again so fair play to him getting them up and pretty much safe from a relegation battle. If he can keep improving then I can see him and Howe been the main candidates for the England job the next time it comes up.

ElQuesoGrande

The next Eddie Howe. Can't help but think he'd be a better manager if his surname was pronounced "Deesh" though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Loses a couple of key players but continues his good work. 5 points from 9 away to Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Not many will beat that this season.

Think if he has another good campaign this season he will get a chance at a bigger club. Could see Everton moving for him if Koeman gets fired.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Loses a couple of key players but continues his good work. 5 points from 9 away to Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Not many will beat that this season.

Think if he has another good campaign this season he will get a chance at a bigger club. Could see Everton moving for him if Koeman gets fired.
That would be a good move for him. Probably one of the only clubs it would be worth him taking a crack at yet who might actually be willing to give him a chance.

luke511

The way he's transformed the club is unprecedented in today's game, by far the best English manager around at the moment.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Tidy manager. Heavily linked to Everton. Guys in the MNF studio were saying that if he has ambitions of managing the top clubs then Everton should be his next step because the top clubs would be reluctant to get him straight from Burnley but happier to get him from Everton. Not sure I agree with that logic...

Everton may have a bigger budget and look more ambitious on paper but they have a terribly unbalanced squad. A disaster waiting to happen for any new manager. Hopefully he stays put at Burnley, at least until the end of the season. Think they are more than capable of finishing top half and then he will have the opportunity to move to a bigger club (if he desires) and build a good squad from scratch instead of inheriting an unbalanced squad mid season.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think he is peaking and needs to move on within the next 12 months to progress his career.

If he gets offered the Everton job he should take it.

dogwithabone

He’s a good manager no doubt but is he any better a manager than Puel for example ? I don’t think he is and the only reason he would be wanted by a much bigger club is his Englishness. Burnley aren’t overly expansive so what would, say, Everton be seeing in him ? There’s nothing in Dyche that I see that says ‘technically brilliant manager’ or this innovative, forward thinking supremo.

He’s gruff, he’s in your face, he’s a character and he’s, er, English. Enough to land a top job ? Not in my opinion.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He’s a good manager no doubt but is he any better a manager than Puel for example ? I don’t think he is and the only reason he would be wanted by a much bigger club is his Englishness. Burnley aren’t overly expansive so what would, say, Everton be seeing in him ? There’s nothing in Dyche that I see that says ‘technically brilliant manager’ or this innovative, forward thinking supremo.

He’s gruff, he’s in your face, he’s a character and he’s, er, English. Enough to land a top job ? Not in my opinion.
I agree but those 'qualities' may be exactly what Everton are needing this season rather than a more technical coach.

luke511

That Everton side is a train wreck, why would he give up all his hard work at Burnley to try and fix that mess..

luke511

He's a much better manager than you're giving him credit for.

automaticflare

Doug really amazing job there

I you can get Stephen fecking ward playing well in a defensive unit you are no mug.

Fair play to him. And fair play to burnley who kept him after getting relegated where many other clubs would have given him the bullet. Stability is getting rewarded.
Still think they would snap your hand off for 17th place right now.

Chriss10

He certainly seems to be doing a fantastic job at Burnley.

Personally I feel he would do well to swerve the Everton job as the squad really does need another overhaul (crazy considering the money they spent this year). His stock is rising fast and that could really break his reputation if he doesn’t deliver results straight away.

edcunited1878

I would steer clear of Everton or any club until the summer. Everton are a bad club right now and they would do well to finish midtable, which should be possible given they are 3 or 4 points from 10th or so. And because they spent so heavily this past year due to the sale of Lukaku, will a new manager be able to have a similar transfer budget? No guarantees even if Everton have a new(ish) majority owner. Plus Everton have a football structure that may reduce Dyche's influence on transfer dealings and any team selections.

Would he leave Burnley in the middle of a season? He cannot buy any of his key players nor would he be able to bring in his staff, at least if I were Burnley I wouldn't allow it until the summer. The learning curve would be very steep and he has zero relationships with any of the current Everton players from what I can tell.

Burnley has been a yo-yo club for the past three to five years, so he still has a lot to prove and improve upon.