Sean Dyche

Bola

And wolves have ident
tiical quality of players to Burnley? Do you SERIOUSLY believe that?

and I reckon Fulham would have if they hadn't made the mistake of whole scale changes in the summer. [/Quite]
Dude. Fulham made us look like a free flowing attacking side WHILST managed by Mourinho...

Im sorry. But is extremely fallacious to paint them as a super dirty team. They are not.
My rugby reference is to their rigid structure, dull play, physicality and a little bit of dirty play

Ok wolves have better players, so perhaps a better about would be the cherries. Similar resources, very different football and they are now an established prem team. I know who I would rather watch.

End of the day it boils down to what you want as a fan (fan of the game, or fan of the club). The Stoke and Burnley was can be effective, but it is little more than existing, I'd rather a team takes a bit of a gamble and play football how it should be played (fun and entertaining)

CM

Bit too much of a love in for Dyche in here. He's done a good job with Burnley for the most part but that doesn't change the fact that he's a whinging nobhead.

Cloud7

He gets good enough results for the players and resources he has available, certainly. However, his brand of football puts a glass ceiling over his head as a manager. There’s a reason why Howe is considered as a candidate for the top clubs in England, but Dyche’s name is not mentioned.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
He doesn't mind calling out divers which is fair enough but I'm sure he'll be chuffed to see one of his players take a dive or two if it means Burnley stay up.

Member 115509

Every time I see him he always make me think of Banjo from "This Is England".

Cockney Phil

Forget old skool. He is a proper wily manager. Utlizing his resources to the best degree. His team defended well. Pressed us in attack. Took their chances caused by their press and their own attack. Defended stupdenously and right fully broke up play and wasted time in order to frustate us and hold on to something, in the face of our vast quality difference over them. To knock them and him for it is baffling.

Its not like SAF didnt do the exact same thing. Away to Barca when we last won the UCL.....
So a bit old Skool then! :)

Mihai

Yes. That was just histrionics. An effort to deflect from the fact his side threw away 2 points. We all know he is fully aware his team wasted enough time to warrant 5 minutes added on.
Dyche gets the abuse mainly for his comments post match than for the game.

Bojan11

Even at 0-0, Heaton was wasting times with goal kicks.

It’s not the result. Barnes was allowed to be physical. But when we got physical he went down like a sack of potatoes yet Dyche talks about Lingard.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barnes is perhaps the best diver I have ever seen, very good at getting his body in the way and exagerrating contact - every game I watch of his he wins a load of fouls. Would be interested to see how he compares to others in the league. I would expect him to be near the top of the "freekicks won per match" table.
He reminds me a lot of Kevin Davies in his Bolton heyday.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Forget old skool. He is a proper wily manager. Utlizing his resources to the best degree. His team defended well. Pressed us in attack. Took their chances caused by their press and their own attack. Defended stupdenously and right fully broke up play and wasted time in order to frustate us and hold on to something, in the face of our vast quality difference over them. To knock them and him for it is baffling.

Its not like SAF didnt do the exact same thing. Away to Barca when we last won the UCL.....
I'm annoyed at him complaining about the penalty (it was a clear penalty) and complaining about added time. His team was timewasting almost the entire 2nd half and had a player booked for it. He obviously knows where the 5 minutes came from, but helps build this narrative of refs favouring the home team at Old Trafford (something Shearer smirked about as well).

The reality was yesterday Jon Moss favoured their physical approach and let them get away with more than we did. He also completely ignored a handball in the second half that could've been a penalty, and changed his mind over giving a penalty (which I haven't seen good enough replays off to say if it was on the line or outside the box). He's obviously within his rights to change his mind, but all those things get completely glossed over, and all headlines today are about Dyche saying it's a soft penalty and too much injury time. Oh, and completely ignoring the fact Moss played less than the alloted time, even after we'd scored in injury time.

I'd love a reporter to say to him "Well, your player was booked for wasting time and your team wasted time every time the ball went dead. Maybe that's were the 5 minutes came from." And see what he says to that.

lex talionis

Sure, his comments where a bit whingey but well within the goalposts of reasonable sourpuss post-match comments by an opposition manager. Responsibility for dropping the points lay on our shoulders (the Rashford miss, the Jones/Pereira fookup) and some great goalkeeping by Heaton).

We never did get a get a good look at the handball shout that wasn't given but at the time it looked suspicious.

Sir Scott McToMinay

He’s obviously a very annoying character but he’s also a very good coach.
Burnley were outstanding defensively last night, any team would’ve struggled against them with such a high level of defensive performance.

A less dirty and a more organized version of Pulis’ Stoke, just without the banter, good side.

Matt007a

Just because the football isn't pretty or fun to watch doesn't mean it's not good. Dyche, like Allardyce and Pulis plays the percentage game to get results. Don't concede and pressure the other team with direct play until they make a mistake. When you look at our back 4, why wouldn't you do that? A mistake from Jones is inevitable most of the time.

There are many ways to win a football match.

CallyRed

He never stops moaning. I mean, even when his team wins, he finds something to moan about.
No one takes him seriously

steakpie

Can't stand Dyche. Thinks he's a hard man and his football is atrocious.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
His shower of cnuts were holding the ball up in our corner to get into half time at 0-0. Sooner they piss off to the Championship, the better.

Josh 76

He’s obviously a very annoying character but he’s also a very good coach.
Burnley were outstanding defensively last night, any team would’ve struggled against them with such a high level of defensive performance.

A less dirty and a more organized version of Pulis’ Stoke, just without the banter, good side.
Watch them get hammered at Anfield.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
My rugby reference is to their rigid structure, dull play, physicality and a little bit of dirty play

Ok wolves have better players, so perhaps a better about would be the cherries. Similar resources, very different football and they are now an established prem team. I know who I would rather watch.

End of the day it boils down to what you want as a fan (fan of the game, or fan of the club). The Stoke and Burnley was can be effective, but it is little more than existing, I'd rather a team takes a bit of a gamble and play football how it should be played (fun and entertaining)
Fair enough about the Rugby reference.

However,
There is absolutely nothing entertaining about attacking a superior team, trying to beat them at there game and losing 4-8 nil. I dont believe any fan who makes that claim.

Burnley are capable of playing proper attacking football vs teams at their level and slighty above. But to expect it vs teams like us. Is hypocritical. Its like asking a Newcastle fan if they'd rather have been 'entertained' by open football and got a home hiding from a City. Or robbed them of the 3 points by parking a galaxy and nicking lucky breaks on the counter.

There is nothing entertaining about being open Roberto Martinez style or Robson's Middlesborough style and being relegated. For all their risk they ended up with nada. Personaly, Im more entertained by a manager who uses his resources to the fullest to match every opponent. Rather than forcing a philosophy where it cant fit.

Last edited:

Bola

Fair enough about the Rugby reference.

However,
There is absolutely nothing entertaining about attacking a superior team, trying to beat them at there game and losing 4-8 nil. I dont believe any fan who makes that claim.

Burnley are capable of playing proper attacking football vs teams at their level and slighty above. But to expect it vs teams like us. Is hypocritical. Its like asking a Newcastle fan if they'd rather have been 'entertained' by open football and got a home hiding from a City. Or robbed them of the 3 points by parking a galaxy and nicking lucky breaks on the counter.

There is nothing entertaining about being open Roberto Martinez style or Robson's Middlesborough style and being relegated. For all their risk they ended up with nada. Personaly, Im more entertained by a manager who uses his resources to the fullest to match every opponent. Rather than forcing a philosophy where it cant fit.
Each to their own I suppose. The world would be boring and over subscribed if everyone liked the same thing

acnumber9

so perhaps a better about would be the cherries. Similar resources, very different football and they are now an established prem team.
In the last two seasons Bournemouth have spent twice what Burnley have and never finished as high as Burnley managed last season.

Bola

In the last two seasons Bournemouth have spent twice what Burnley have and never finished as high as Burnley managed last season.
And are more fun to watch. Especially after beating Chelsea 4-0 last night

acnumber9

And are more fun to watch. Especially after beating Chelsea 4-0 last night
Well they should be. They’ve spent far more money than them. That’s the point. I don’t think Burnley fans seem to care that much about how fun they are to watch and ultimately that’s all Dyche’s job is.

Bola

Well they should be. They’ve spent far more money than them. That’s the point. I don’t think Burnley fans seem to care that much about how fun they are to watch and ultimately that’s all Dyche’s job is.
I don't place much value in what Burnley fans think, if they (And yoursekf) admire that football,, then fair enough. I dislike it and much rather Pullis type teams are replaced with more attacking and fun outfits.

If I wanted the former, I'd probably just go and start watching rugby

Mick321

This thread is embarrassing, so far this season we've accused Wagner of fixing games and trying v us, Hughton of the same, now Dyche is getting it for not coming here and going gung ho (yet they still put 2 past us). Whining about John Moss and referees even though we've had soft penalties like v Everton and Burnley and generous decisions like the handball not given for Newcastle at 2-0. It's almost like you get some decisions and not others, there is no grand conspiracy.

Get a grip lads.

acnumber9

I don't place much value in what Burnley fans think, if they (And yoursekf) admire that football,, then fair enough. I dislike it and much rather Pullis type teams are replaced with more attacking and fun outfits.

If I wanted the former, I'd probably just go and start watching rugby
And I’m sure they place even less value on what you think of Burnley. Football isn’t made for you and what you want.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This thread is embarrassing, so far this season we've accused Wagner of fixing games and trying v us, Hughton of the same, now Dyche is getting it for not coming here and going gung ho (yet they still put 2 past us). Whining about John Moss and referees even though we've had soft penalties like v Everton and Burnley and generous decisions like the handball not given for Newcastle at 2-0. It's almost like you get some decisions and not others, there is no grand conspiracy.

Get a grip lads.
Bah. Football is no fun when you have a grip.

The game's crooked. Everyone raises their game against big bad United. Every pundit is paid under the table to always slate us. Wagner was a key figurehead in the Liverpool title charge conspiracy. The FA Cup is rigged. Tom Heaton wants to see the club burn to the ground. Wake up, sheeple. Anti-United chemtrails rain from above.

Bola

And I’m sure they place even less value on what you think of Burnley. Football isn’t made for you and what you want.
Not sure what you are contributing to the thread with that post.

Seems I've touched a nerve. If you want to celebrate that dross and be a Dyce cheerleader, then be my guest. I'll stick to my overall negative opinion of that style of play and enjoy beautiful football

Prodigy24

I detest him and his team. Another overrated manager from the 'old school' era of Pulis and Big Sam. His constant whining and complaining after every game doesn't help either. Wasting minutes with every throw-in, free kick and goal kick and yet this hypocrite has the nerve to question the 5 added minutes.

Hope they go down and I never see his face in the Premier League again. Ginger Pulis.

luke511

Seems I've touched a nerve. If you want to celebrate that dross and be a Dyce cheerleader, then be my guest. I'll stick to my overall negative opinion of that style of play and enjoy beautiful football
Given the circumstances, both their goals were examples of tactics being beautifully executed. If you have zero admiration for Dyche and what he's done at Burnley then you're pretty out of touch with English football as a whole.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Utter prat as I said in my post match posting. Moans that injury time gave us a boost: so can't his players cope with opposition fans cheering? Pathetic. And then moans it wasn't a penalty. Idiot. Stone-wall pen! He is the new Wenger. Oh and has taken over from Fat Sam as most overrated PL manager as far as I'm concerned

acnumber9

I’m contributing the response your post deserved. You don’t like his football, who cares. I don’t like watching it either. The point is it’s not Sean Dyche’s job to entertain you. You fail to acknowledge that you are comparing his team to those who have spent vastly more money. Who are these clubs spending what Burnley do and going to Old Trafford to attack?

Bola

I’m contributing the response your post deserved. You don’t like his football, who cares. I don’t like watching it either. The point is it’s not Sean Dyche’s job to entertain you. You fail to acknowledge that you are comparing his team to those who have spent vastly more money. Who are these clubs spending what Burnley do and going to Old Trafford to attack?
If you don't care, you seem to be posting a lot about it. Suggest you watch some Stoke or Burnley DVDs if you want something to do

Djemba-Djemba

He's a typical moaney manager that has to have a go the refs every game. I've not seen anybody bar him claim it wasn't a penalty on Tuesday and his added time moan is nonsense too considering Lindelof scored in the 92nd minute.

Managers of small clubs used to come to Old Trafford and complain in after match interviews for about 20 years under fergie. Regardless of whether or not they had a reason to moan, they just did it.

Remember Big Sam complaining about West Ham having a goal correctly disallowed for being offside? It's just 2nd nature to complain

That said, Dyche has done an incredible job at Burnley.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Why is he signing Crouch? Bit desperate. They don't play Vokes anyway, just sell him and wait to the summer to 'replace'.

And why he signed Joe Hart is beyond me.

acnumber9

If you don't care, you seem to be posting a lot about it. Suggest you watch some Stoke or Burnley DVDs if you want something to do
You could at least put your age on your profile so people know whether to engage with a child or not.