Sean Dyche

Baneofthegame

Has he flown under the radar slightly this year? Burnley are currently on 50pts and level with Arsenal, could potentially sneak in to Europe and this is again with a small budget.

Thoughts?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Were they in Europe this season?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s a double edged sword for them. They can’t handle the extra games. He really does have them pushing to the very top of their capabilities. It’s very impressive. When their confidence is up, they just keep going.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
He's done a truly superb job there, on the budget he has just having them comfortable avoiding relegation is good going yet alone challenging for Europe. Them and Sheffield United show there's a hell of a lot of value to be found in the lower leagues if you look properly.

If they weren't too proud, he probably could have done a Moyes like job with Everton - which is probably about his limits. I doubt the fans would ever accept him though.

Bojan11

He needs to leave whilst his stock is high and not do a Howe.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He needs to leave whilst his stock is high and not do a Howe.
It's gone wrong for Howe due to his diabolical recruitment, Dyche is much better at that aspect.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
There's been reports that Dyche fell out with the Burnley board and is set to leave in the summer.

Robbie Boy

He's done a fantastic job at Burnley. But the way he plays is only going to suit smaller teams. Howe gets more hype because he's living off some good football that Bournemouth played years ago.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
There's been reports that Dyche fell out with the Burnley board and is set to leave in the summer.
Yes he was very angry that 1) the contracts of several first team players were left to run down and expire after a failure to agree extensions, and that 2) he apparently will not be given a lot of money to spend when the transfer window opens at the end of the month even if Dwight McNeil is sold.

He has done a wonderful job there that's for sure. In-between his appointment in late 2012 and his first promotion to the Premier League in 2014, the club only paid a transfer fee for one player in 3 transfer windows (Ashley Barnes).

Then ahead of their 2014/2015 Premier League campaign, he was perfectly happy for money to be diverted away from this transfer budget on to improving the training facilities and the infrastructure behind the scenes. Most other managers in that position wouldn't have been so happy. So that 2015 relegation wasn't really a failure at all.

They returned to the Premier League in a much stronger state in 2016, and since then I've never thought that they could be relegated under him, as they always seem to pull out important wins when it really matters, and when they find themselves under some pressure. Plus they usually enjoy at least one big-ticket win over a heavyweight team each season.

The 7th place finish 2 years ago was an outstanding achievement given that they had amongst the smallest financial resources including one of the lowest wage bills in the whole league, and looking in good shape to at least finish in the top 10 again this season (ahead of Everton's whose financial resources and spending have completely dwarfed theirs) is also excellent.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It's gone wrong for Howe due to his diabolical recruitment, Dyche is much better at that aspect.
Transfers window are a bit unpredictable: if you mix a couple of injuries and/or a couple of key players in poor form and the new players not producing enough end product, your chances of going downhill suddenly are up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Done an excellent job. Think he will go on to have a similar career as Pulis but a bit better. Never at a top club but moving around the mid-table clubs and always performing well at them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We don't know the actual story. Howe tends to make lot of young player signings while Dyche just signed anyone as long as help his team. Howe could be forced to spend the money on the young ones or may be that's just how he is.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's done an excellent job, but I can't see him at a big club.
Wasn't long ago he'd be a shoe in at City but now What 'big' club would want that dogmatic playing style of his? It's designed to keep Burnley up and they're not there to win hearts with great football.

Mind you, Spurs have got Jose so who knows.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yea he’s done really well but his approach is perfect for that size of club, I really don’t see it translating to him doing well with a bigger job.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Hes a cnut that sets his teams up to play like cnuts but when its against Liverpool ill accept it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The biggest compliment I can pay him his how much I hate playing them.
Horrible team to play against.

Jezpeza

Hes a cnut that sets his teams up to play like cnuts but when its against Liverpool ill accept it.
haha i’ll second that. Couldnt put two passes together against MK Dons and wrote off my acca but then play us and liverpool and become cnuts.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely wait until after the Old Trafford game before bumping this thread. :D Can't move on here last few years for people whining about his style of play after those games.

Wonder where'll he end up next. Would Leicester or Everton consider him......probably not. Newcastle probably would but I think they're getting relegated so would be gamble to leave stable prem club for Newcastle in championship.

Palace or West Ham a good shout but Moyes in little danger of losing his job end of the season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Horrible football to watch but boy have his team bought into him. Work their socks off for him

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Surely wait until after the Old Trafford game before bumping this thread. :D Can't move on here last few years for people whining about his style of play after those games.

Wonder where'll he end up next. Would Leicester or Everton consider him......probably not. Newcastle probably would but I think they're getting relegated so would be gamble to leave stable prem club for Newcastle in championship.

Palace or West Ham a good shout but Moyes in little danger of losing his job end of the season.
he’s made for smaller teams, he likely won’t ever manage anywhere better than burnley.

Wheato

Horrible football to watch but boy have his team bought into him. Work their socks off for him
I think that many of these teams have a big advantage over the top six. For a start, they get to rest while we play in the FA/League/Euro cups. They also get a breaks during international week. It has to be much easier to play 1 game every 7 days, instead of 2 games in 7.

So while we applaud their efforts to thwart and spoil our fun, think about benefits that they have as well.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Voice aids. Love him.

I could imagine him slapping Klopp so hard that his teeth whitening would come off.

Last edited: