Sean Goss

Gerald G

He's impressed me all season I must say.
Yeah he's played well this season but I think the West Brom performance was his best yet. Totally bossed the midfield. Been impressed with Willock so far too.

Anyone know how many goals Fletcher has scored? He seems to bag every game. But I'd say overall the best U18 player over the season has been Josh Harrop.

Brightonian

How many games have you seen? I haven't been able to find any streams anywhere all season for U18's!
There were a few matches that weren't televised at all at the start of the season, but since then they've pretty much all been available.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How many games have you seen? I haven't been able to find any streams anywhere all season for U18's!
Can't remember off the top of my head. MUTV of5en show re-runs of the ones that were not live, and at least extended highlights anyway.

He seems very elegant on the ball does Goss.

PS18

There's only been two games shown live I think, but highlights for all of them.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Yeah he's played well this season but I think the West Brom performance was his best yet. Totally bossed the midfield. Been impressed with Willock so far too.

Anyone know how many goals Fletcher has scored? He seems to bag every game. But I'd say overall the best U18 player over the season has been Josh Harrop.
I was massively impressed with Willock as well. Goss has been excellent for me so far this season.

Josh Harrop really is a little gem...he has just about everything. It's going to be interesting to see how he develops...he's a joy to watch.

Think Fletcher has 7 for the season...

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I was massively impressed with Willock as well. Goss has been excellent for me so far this season.

Josh Harrop really is a little gem...he has just about everything. It's going to be interesting to see how he develops...he's a joy to watch.

Think Fletcher has 7 for the season...
So was I. Shame there's no compilation of his performance knocking about, he was arguably responsible for the best 2 bits of play all game; his goal and a brilliant ball out to Harrop which ultimately ended in a weak finish from Redmond.

jb8521

So was I. Shame there's no compilation of his performance knocking about, he was arguably responsible for the best 2 bits of play all game; his goal and a brilliant ball out to Harrop which ultimately ended in a weak finish from Redmond.
Here it is

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Willock is another little good player, although I can't help look at him and think Gary Coleman.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was gonna just put this in the WBA match thread but thought I'd stick it in here. Superb performance today, effortless passing, well worth a watch this..

Technically, that performance was first-team level.

Brightonian

He does look like one who won't need too long before he's ready for LC opportunities etc. His game is remarkably mature - you'd swear it was Carrick out there sometimes. Everton were pressing like a Premier League first team and he still played superbly.

Great understanding with Harrop, too. That's central to this side at the moment.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's a brilliant prospect I must say, although we must see how he adapts to the U21s of course. Barmby used to take the piss out of the U18s for example, but hasn't looked as good for the reserves. He was another I had huge hopes for.

Kag

There's usually a tendency to compare young players to older professionals for the sake of making a comparison, but he really is scarily Carrick-like. His weight of passing looks exquisite. Is he regarded as one of the best English midfielders in his age bracket?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Had a good game but defensively he was left flat-footed on a couple of occasions. Wouldn't call him too good for the u18s just yet.

lysglimt

Scout
My one concern about Goss - is that he appears to lack a bit of mobility. But his passing, shooting and ability to dictate the game is really good for someone so young. The comparison to Carrick is certainly justified

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Had a good game but defensively he was left flat-footed on a couple of occasions. Wouldn't call him too good for the u18s just yet.
Yeah, only caught those highlights of him so must have missed those (unless they were included in the highlight reel :nervous:).

But with the ball at his feet, he just looks a level above. So calm, so assured and he looks like he has so much time on the ball, which is a great skill.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
My one concern about Goss - is that he appears to lack a bit of mobility. But his passing, shooting and ability to dictate the game is really good for someone so young. The comparison to Carrick is certainly justified
The only footage i have seen is the above video and I have never watched him live but I dont get why you think he lacks mobility.

Ringo 07

Most of 'the new Paul Scholes' that have come through the academy in the last few years or so are now substitutes at Cardiff City apart from a certain diamond that plays in Italy who I won't mention by name so I won't get too excited any more until I see players like Goss tested on the big stage

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Goss is a perfect example of what is wrong with the U21 fixture list. He is 18 with good talent and could have great potential yet he has only played 45 minutes this season which was at LWB. And with Rothwell, Pearson, Andreas, Harrop and fat feck Anderson taking up minutes there doesn't look like any leftover minutes for Goss. We only have 6 matches until January and realistically he'll be lucky to get on the pitch for a few minutes let alone a decent amount of playing time. He even had his playing time cut at the back end of last season for the U18s as they were preferring to blood in the u16s. This leaves him likely to go almost a full year with a handful of appearances which is just bloody ridiculous. The FA talks about wanting to improve youth development well do something to stop 18/19 year olds playing no matches for a full year.

surf

The FA is all about inertia. It's up to United to arrange loads more games at reserve, U21 and U18 level. It can't be that difficult as other clubs are in the same bind and will want to play.

In Rainbows

Goss is a perfect example of what is wrong with the U21 fixture list. He is 18 with good talent and could have great potential yet he has only played 45 minutes this season which was at LWB. And with Rothwell, Pearson, Andreas, Harrop and fat feck Anderson taking up minutes there doesn't look like any leftover minutes for Goss. We only have 6 matches until January and realistically he'll be lucky to get on the pitch for a few minutes let alone a decent amount of playing time. He even had his playing time cut at the back end of last season for the U18s as they were preferring to blood in the u16s. This leaves him likely to go almost a full year with a handful of appearances which is just bloody ridiculous. The FA talks about wanting to improve youth development well do something to stop 18/19 year olds playing no matches for a full year.
Another player suffering from United being out of the CL. The Uefa Youth League could have given him some good minutes.

mo0

The FA is all about inertia. It's up to United to arrange loads more games at reserve, U21 and U18 level. It can't be that difficult as other clubs are in the same bind and will want to play.
Just to be clear, it's not up to The FA to arrange matches for clubs. Clubs own the development of their players. The FA Youth Cup is the only major youth event that is ran by the Football Association. The EPPP (leagues, category definitions, tournaments) is a Premier League led directive and clubs are either part of the Premier League of the Football League.

The FA often end up being the whipping boys when something is off. Sadly, that's misguided. Player pathways need to be worked on jointly by the PL + FL + FA. By and large The FA is nothing more than a strong influencer. Effective change must come from the leagues and the clubs themselves.

The three areas The FA are chiefly responsible for: grassroots/amateur game, Team England (all levels), Wembley.

Hope this helps.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I am assuming all premiership clubs have an U-21 team ? How about they all get together and mirror the fixture list ? Thursday or Friday night fixtures, every week there is a concurrent Premier League match. So say United are playing Arsenal at the Emirates, play the same fixture a couple days earlier at Old Trafford. Simple.