Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's actually a very talented player that has a fantastic range of passing with either foot. I'm surprised people aren't more excited. I hope we sign him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Why do we need to keep signing players because they remind them of somebody. The new Giggs, the new Carrick, the new Scholes, the new Beckham. Move on. Sign somebody who is good in their own right. I forgot they want to turn us into the new Newcastle.

settembrini

Has to be bollocks. a) He wasn't even a starter for Newcastle last season and b) signing someone before they have proven they have recovered from a serious knee injury is a terrible idea.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
So to move away from galactico policy is to sign young, british and bang average players.

Allas8

First impression, seems miles better then Rice when it comes to handeling the ball.

Bwuk

McClair, Djemba Djemba, Powell, Tosic, Gibson, Felani to name but a few .... just what era would they have not made the bench when these players were starting
In 2008 final our midfielders on the bench were Anderson, Giggs, Nani & Fletcher.

In 2009 final it was Nani & Scholes.

In 2011 final it was Nani, Anderson, Scholes & Fletcher.

Thats the standard we should be aiming for our bench.

F*ck me indeed - he's only 21. If you think we're signing James and Longstaff as the sole answer to all of our problems then check yourself in
Yes, let's spend not far off 50m for two players who aren't going to improve the starting the 11. No wonder our clubs a mess.

Andersonson

He's a talented lad. Comes from a family of sportmen.

Every time I've seen him he has been very good. Hope the injury is behind him.

Wont cost much and could develop into a very good player.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Newcastle aren't going to let us get him cheap.

Swansea want 15m for a winger in the Championship with one year on his contract left. We'd be spending not far off 50m for James & Longstaff ffs.
50m on some injured kid?

tonnas

Problem is he is currently during an ACL rehab...though today ACL are easily done and players get to normal level after a good rehab, still its too risky for us atm.

tonnas

So you rhink we will be signing James and Longstaff only? Please..

Zoo

Problem is he is currently during an ACL rehab...though today ACL are easily done and players get to normal level after a good rehab, still its too risky for us atm.
I think it was the posterior cruciate he injured and he's set to be back in time for pre-season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If James is 15m with a year to go on his contract like rumoured, no chance Newcastle woudl take less than 30 for Longstaff.
30m (most tied to bonuses) might make sense

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was very impressed with him when I watched him in his run of games before his injury.

Always a gamble signing an injured player but I think he has a lot of potential and could be a very good player. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we signed him.

Champagne Football

The right type of signings to make. A year ago you'd have been slaughtered on here for suggesting Declan Rice. Not anymore. Martin Keown reckons Longstaff is a bigger talent than Rice.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Name isn't foreign enough. Next.

All jokes aside he got rave reviews before his injury, I don't know much about him but he seemed to transform newcastle's form when he got into the team.

Sanche7

Is this really the time to be buying all these unproven youngsters? If this doesn't affect our main budget, then it's fine. But if we have 150 mill budget and we spend 40-50 mill on James and Longstaff, that leaves us with 100 mill to buy 5 starters

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yes, let's spend not far off 50m for two players who aren't going to improve the starting the 11. No wonder our clubs a mess.
Is Longstaff supposed to be £35-40m? Because James is £10-15m...

Zlatattack

I just hope we don't end up like Martin O Neills Aston Villa.

We'd have Ashley Young in common though!

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Why do people keep talking about a serious knee injury? He was ruled out for 6-8 weeks so he obviously didn't do his ACL. A 6-8 week knee injury isn't a serious one.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why do we need to keep signing players because they remind them of somebody. The new Giggs, the new Carrick, the new Scholes, the new Beckham. Move on. Sign somebody who is good in their own right. I forgot they want to turn us into the new Newcastle.
Yes DT. They only want to sign these players cos the media has labeled them as next this or next that. It's got nothing to do with them being good players or something.

Great stuff.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Name isn’t foreign enough for the caf. So many of our transfer judgements are based on aesthetics. I am pleased to see that it looks like we have completely changed our transfer policy. Would welcome any young talented players, especially those that have experience in the Prem.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Daniel James. Sean Longstaff. These are the profile of signings that excite me because it's what made us so successful. I hope we really are using our resources to secure the best young talent available and finally making our scouts earn their fecking money as opposed to signing players on a downward trajectory in their careers. Could this all blow up in our face? Definitely, but this approach is what I want to see.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes DT. They only want to sign these players cos the media has labeled them as next this or next that. It's got nothing to do with them being good players or something.

Great stuff.
So we want to sign someone who is coming off a bad injury and was good before it, but take the risk that he might not be now.

Classical Mechanic

I don't see how Longstaff is 'under the radar' though. He was in eye catching form before his injury so Newcastle will play hardball. That said, Ashley is not a man of sentiment and may look to cash in around £30m

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How good though? Top class ability on the ball. I hope we're aiming high this summer.
The little he played in the PL he looked quality, good replacement for Herrera, defensively sound and good on the ball too plus high work rate. I think we need 2 CMs this summer anyway.

Major risk would be his injury

Devils11

Genuine question : Why are we buying 21yrs old??? Are they really so much better than our U23 players like Garner or Gomes that we have to spend millions on?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Big talent but coming off a nasty injury.

Was looking very good before that injury.

Sanche7

The little he played in the PL he looked quality, good replacement for Herrera, defensively sound and good on the ball too plus high work rate. I think we need 2 CMs this summer anyway.

Major risk would be his injury
If he's our Herrera replacement or our second CM signing, God help us

Status
Not open for further replies.