Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's actually a very talented player that has a fantastic range of passing with either foot. I'm surprised people aren't more excited. I hope we sign him.
Yeah, I haven't really seen much of the other's we're linked with but I have seen a fair bit of Longstaff, what I've seen of I've really liked the look of. I think he'd be a very smart piece of business.

settembrini

Classical Mechanic

Looking at his basic running stats per 90 for Newcastle he did 12km per 90, albeit over a small number of games. Would fit the profile Ole seems to be looking at in that regard.

johanovic

give me James,Longstaff,Bissaka,Sessangon over a player like Sanchez every time. We have young players coming through in Gomes,Garner,Laird,Chong and Greenwood and perhaps giving these young players more of a chance + signing players like James,Longstaff,Sessangon and similar + sign a few really top players is the right way to move forward.
Perhaps OGS wants to create a similar mindset that was in place when Fergie was here when we had a solid base, high workrate and a real feeling of togetherness with everybody moving in the same direction.

SteveW

Just watched a YouTube video of him. Its Michael Carrick

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The right type of signings to make. A year ago you'd have been slaughtered on here for suggesting Declan Rice. Not anymore. Martin Keown reckons Longstaff is a bigger talent than Rice.
I agree with him, he looks better than Rice to me

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Cruciates hasn't ruined players since the 90s
Well ‘ruined’ is subjective. Recuperation has certainly been much better in recent years, however, Falcao is a high profile recent example of a player who had a clear ‘before and after’ cruciate.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Newcastle fans call him a potential Carrick rather than a lampard
His passing is brilliant with both feet from the few games i've seen him play. Looks a more mobile Carrick type. Guardiola even praised him and Hayden after City's loss at Newcastle.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm very reassured that we have such experts on this forum who know that every single player we are linked with is shit. This could save us from ever signing any new players which is really the only sensible thing to do from now on. This way we can guarantee we never sign a player who flops at United again.

Geniuses the lot of you.

AJ10

As long as the young lads we've been linked with aren't the main targets then I have no problem with this type of signing. We desperately need good quality first team players in several positions. 2 young players with potential to improve are always worth more than signing 29 year olds who are in decline IMO.

Whether we sign him or not, at least it looks like we're moving away from our throwing shit on the wall strategy.

R'hllor

I swear when i saw it on first glance, i thought someone made a mistake and made MMO type of thread in wrong section.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well ‘ruined’ is subjective. Recuperation has certainly been much better in recent years, however, Falcao is a high profile recent example of a player who had a clear ‘before and after’ cruciate.
Its more common for players whose been playing for a long time to suffer a burnout towards the end of their career then to get ruined by a cruciate

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He was in great form before picking up that injury, lot of Newcastle fans were saying he was their best player.

If we can get him for cheap he would be a good squad/project player to have. If it doesn't work out we just sell him on but he has potential.

SirAF

Ageist
He's actually a very talented player that has a fantastic range of passing with either foot. I'm surprised people aren't more excited. I hope we sign him.
Now, this I like the sound of.

NJM78

F*ck me indeed - he's only 21. If you think we're signing James and Longstaff as the sole answer to all of our problems then check yourself in
Same age as Lingard then.

We all ready have bench midfielders in McTominay or is he all of a sudden going to be a starter next season, which god help us, he isn't. Also Pereira, Fred and the apparent high hopes for Garner. We should be looking at a top class DM/CM coming in.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I thought Garner was the next Carrick, why pay to get the crocked next Carrick ahead of the next next Carrick who isn't crocked.

Knee injuries are dodgy. One ligament injury at this young age could lead to more issues. Not sure I would gamble on that.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
give me James,Longstaff,Bissaka,Sessangon over a player like Sanchez every time. We have young players coming through in Gomes,Garner,Laird,Chong and Greenwood and perhaps giving these young players more of a chance + signing players like James,Longstaff,Sessangon and similar + sign a few really top players is the right way to move forward.
Perhaps OGS wants to create a similar mindset that was in place when Fergie was here when we had a solid base, high workrate and a real feeling of togetherness with everybody moving in the same direction.
Agree, I think we should be making more signings like this - young under the radar players which we can develop.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If his injury is not well healed or caused some impact in his mobility, he won't pass the medical and physical tests.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm very reassured that we have such experts on this forum who know that every single player we are linked with is shit. This could save us from ever signing any new players which is really the only sensible thing to do from now on. This way we can guarantee we never sign a player who flops at United again.

Geniuses the lot of you.
You know it bro.

In all seriousness, I'd quite like to see us sign him. I think he looks like he has everything in his locker and could be a very good player.

Mcking

Exactly the kind of player we need for thrust and penetration from midfield. I'm fed up of Matic and Herrera's sideways passing.

Red_toad

I think hes really good!
He looked very good indeed. Shame his season was cut short by the injury. Happy United are interested in him, he’s going to be a special player if he overcomes his injury. That said I can’t see Newcastle wanting to see him.

Zed 101

You tube is my only reference for him, at 30 mil or less looks like he could be a good option, expecially if we are bringing in others around him, could use a mouthy geordie around the place to wind some in to the slackers

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I thought Garner was the next Carrick, why pay to get the crocked next Carrick ahead of the next next Carrick who isn't crocked.

Knee injuries are dodgy. One ligament injury at this young age could lead to more issues. Not sure I would gamble on that.
Personally
I want ALL Carrick's at United. The real Carrick (Coach), the new Carrick (Garner), the vocal, tackling Carrick (Rice) and this box to box Carrick (Long staff):D

Silas

He looks quite interesting. When the Rice hype was near its peak, I remember a few posters still rating Longstaff higher. Seems like the kind of 'before-the-hype' signing people have been crying for, if he's as good as people say.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

It really isn't anymore.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
He looks quite interesting. When the Rice hype was at near its peak, I remember a few posters still rating Longstaff higher. Seems like the kind of 'before-the-hype' signing people have been crying for, if he's as good as people say.
It's what people want...but with a name adjustment and from South America....

Seanez Largo Personalez

Status
Not open for further replies.