Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

Our scouts told the club to buy de Jong and de Ligt a couple of years ago but the club didnt! So wheres your mockery now?
Says who? I thought De Ligt was deemed too fat? I think the mockery is justified considering how poor our signings have been. It’s acceptable to criticise the club sometimes you know.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Anyway you lot you think our scouts arent any good just because the club signed Sanchez and a few others who havent worked out and apparently are now annoyed that we are looking at younger players who you have never heard off are the same guys who are annoyed that Ed wants to buy galacticos. Make your fecking mind up.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Anyway you fecking tubes you think our scouts arent any good just because the club signed Sanchez and a few others who havent worked out and apparently are now looking at younger players who you have never heard off are the same guys who are annoyed that Ed wants to buy galacticos. Make your fecking mind up.
:lol::lol: you couldn't make it up!

dbs235

Difference is they also have the likes of Salah, Mane and Firminho with VvD at the back and a top keeper.

I thought Wijnaldum was a good player at Newcastle I remember on here being ridiucled for thinking so when suggesting him for United.
Of course, but you'd like to think that James and Longstaff wouldn't be our only signings.

NJM78

Of course, but you'd like to think that James and Longstaff wouldn't be our only signings.
You would think that but you'd have also thought we wouldn't still be starting Smalling, Jones, Young, Lingard etc. We don't act like other well run clubs these days and the proof is everywhere to be seen over the last 6 years.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
If the only way he could have made the 6-8 week time frame was to 'rush him back' and 'risk' him then the 6-8 week time frame clearly wasn't a fair assessment of his injury. As the player himself is saying, he's hoping to be back for the start of next season. That's a long time off, far longer than your 6-8 week claim. Hence why people are calling it a serious injury and why it seems extremely unlikely that United would consider buying him this summer while he is still recovering.
Nobody takes 4 months to recover from minor ligament tears. Minor ligament tears aren't operated on. He's not been operated on, hence it's not serious.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I know he is 26, just going with the usual Lingard treated as a youngster crap that gets spewed out by English press and pundits.

Young is fine and call me naive but the best teams in the world have the best players for most part. Not a secret formula. We just need to buy better and for me that shouldn't rule out top players entering their prime either.
Except that hasn't worked so far. Of course we need talented, world class players and I hope we sign a couple of those too (the right players) but I'm certainly not against signing youngsters.

deafepl

Idea is to loan out him to Newcastle after buying him for cheap price or so before he becomes the next Rice but with better passing and composed on balls, he'd be better than Rice. If Rice is worth 50-60m, Longstaff would be worth more if he has a breakthrough next season

Infestissumam

Idea is to loan out him to Newcastle after buying him for cheap price or so before he becomes the next Rice but with better passing and composed on balls, he'd be better than Rice. If Rice is worth 50-60m, Longstaff would be worth more if he has a breakthrough next season
that just makes way too much sense. No way Ed does this, sadly.

M16Red

Going to say this right now we have better players in the reserves

El-Manos

We have more than one scout you know and the too fat story how exactly was that confirmed?
Their track record has been atrocious for a while now, they are rightfully being questioned. The proof is evidently there.

settembrini

Nobody takes 4 months to recover from minor ligament tears. Minor ligament tears aren't operated on. He's not been operated on, hence it's not serious.
Except we know that Longstaff himself is taking 4 months to recover from this injury because that's the difference between when he got injured and when he hopes to be fit again. The 6-8 week time frame you were claiming has been shown to be bollocks because he would have been playing for Newcastle a while ago if it was accurate. Your only response to this fact has been to claim that he could have made it back in that time if they had 'rushed him back' which only proves it was an unrealistically short recuperation period to begin with.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Except we know that Longstaff himself is taking 4 months to recover from this injury because that's the difference between when he got injured and when he hopes to be fit again. The 6-8 week time frame you were claiming has been shown to be bollocks because he would have been playing for Newcastle a while ago if it was accurate. Your only response to this fact has been to claim that he could have made it back in that time if they had 'rushed him back' which only proves it was an unrealistically short recuperation period to begin with.
I'm bored of you now, google recovery time from PCL.

Sparky Rhiwabon

So, we're looking at him, are interested in him...but have no plans to bid for him and he’s not for sale anyway.

Sparky Rhiwabon

People want young players who will improve (like spurs/pool have done) but aren't happy because its not a young player worth 100 mil. People calling him shit, have you lot seen him play?
Why not get young players who are already very good but with the potential to improve further? Like Mbappe going to PSG or De Ligt now?

Camilo

Is this really the time to be buying all these unproven youngsters? If this doesn't affect our main budget, then it's fine. But if we have 150 mill budget and we spend 40-50 mill on James and Longstaff, that leaves us with 100 mill to buy 5 starters
One thing's for certain - we shouldn't be trying to sign top European players from around Europe. They'd only be coming here for one reason - money - we're a shit team with no upturn in sight. I don't think we should ever be signing top players when we're not in a winning position - it betrays their lack of ambition and our excess of stupidity.

If these young talented guys want to come then we're already in a better position. Build around a strong, focused and determined foundation, not around superstars who may only be stopping off here.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hopefully we splash out this summer on Sean Longstaff, Rod Fanni and Jack Rodwell

Will Singh

I'm happy with the way we are being linked to young talent. I think we will have to be petiant with our expectations for a couple of seasons but yeah let's go.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
From that article and video, I like the looks of this kid. A better version of McTominay. Sounds like athletic genes run through the family.

Suv666

Longstaff and the Swansea kid sound underwhelming but who knows they might turn out to be world class. I hope we sign some readymade talent who can improve our starting 11 instantly along with them because right now our squad is not in the shape to nuture talent.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is what I think about this deal. First of all I have never saw him play. Which means I won't be giving assessments on what type of player he is or how good he is. Having said that, unless the guy can walk into the first team then I don't really see the need for us to buy him UNLESS he's pure gold dust OR he's really on cheap (the latter I doubt it).

A- It doesn't make sense to bring him in as a squad player. We've got Mctominay and Periera covering that role already with Garner getting that status next season as well.
B- It doesn't make sense sending him on loan especially to Newcastle. He's 21 FFS not some 18 year old. United also have a young midfield with only Matic being a senior head. The rest are relatively young which means we can expect them to remain for a long time. Also loaning him back to a club who treated Giuseppe Rossi like crap isn't a great idea especially since their manager barely likes us very much

What United need in CM are top quality first teamers. We've just lost Herrera who was the only man able to balance things out between Pogba and Matic. If Pogba leaves then the urgency for top midfielders will rise in an exponential way.

Its too early to judge Ole in terms of transfers but I hope he's not doing the same mistake he did at Cardiff were he signed a horde of young players who were clearly not ready to play at first team level yet only to end up fired.

Walters_19_MuFc

I've been super impressed with him the few times ive watched him. Having said that, I agree with @devilish, in that we should be signing top quality, given we already have capable back ups already at the club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Periera isnt good enough move him on

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Periera isnt good enough move him on
Yeah he really hasn't up to the mark this season despite getting some chances. Don't think we should waste a midfield spot on him. Mctominay, Matic, Periera and Fred is too much nothing special in 4 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.