Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

How is is that everyone we hear that we are presumably interested in becomes a great player on here.
It's even worse on Reddit. 3 months ago if you heralded Longstaff and Lemina as our midfield saviours you would be laughed at, but question their quality now they've been linked you us they downvote you to hell. The mental gymnastics over there is something else.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How is is that everyone we hear that we are presumably interested in becomes a great player on here.
Eh? It's the exact opposite. Everyone we're linked with is shit and everyone any other PL side buy are heralded as amazing and someone we should have bought

Smores

Changes weekly too, oddly when it moves onto the next link the number of people who think we should sign the previous one suddenly reduces :lol:

I'm fairly certain it would work for at least 75% of 19-26 year old prem players.

Red_toad

No ones saying he’s a great player, just that he is capable of very good performances. He could be a decent addition to the squad or he could be a flop, all depends on how motivated he is and how he’s utilised.

haram

It's even worse on Reddit. 3 months ago if you heralded Longstaff and Lemina as our midfield saviours you would be laughed at, but question their quality now they've been linked you us they downvote you to hell. The mental gymnastics over there is something else.
They are sheep.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Seemingly continual mental gymnastics wouldn't be necessary if we weren't fed bullshit transfer rumours on a daily basis.

I swear it was better with Teletext. Studies will show football fans were happier those days.

If knowledge is power, what is misinformation?

Mcking

Nah, it's because he has a groovy name. If this guy's name was Bruno Longstaff people would have a hard-on for him instead.
Nah, the opposite I think. Many are okay with a potential transfer because he is English and apparently the next Carrick.

SambaBoy

Can't understand why we are linked with him at the prices quoted. He was never seen as one of the stars of Newcastle's Academy. He's been promoted to the first team due to injuries/lack of options for Benitez and played less than 10 games. He's done well, without being spectacular, and now he's linked to a £50m move to United.

He's not someone like Foden who has been talked about as a star since he was 13/14, then performed in the youth set up and shown some promise in the first team at times.

He's too much of a risk, surely if he has another good season, his price won't increase much further than the £50m. We can't really waste any of our budget this summer given the state of our squad and we are going to 'waste' some of it replacing a very good CM who wanted to stay in Herrera. At present, I don't think Longstaff will provide much more than Pereira. As a £50m signing, you need to produce straight away and given time, I think Longstaff could be a good purchase but not at the present time for the prices mentioned.

Ashes1396

Can't understand why we are linked with him at the prices quoted. He was never seen as one of the stars of Newcastle's Academy. He's been promoted to the first team due to injuries/lack of options for Benitez and played less than 10 games. He's done well, without being spectacular, and now he's linked to a £50m move to United.

He's not someone like Foden who has been talked about as a star since he was 13/14, then performed in the youth set up and shown some promise in the first team at times.

He's too much of a risk, surely if he has another good season, his price won't increase much further than the £50m. We can't really waste any of our budget this summer given the state of our squad and we are going to 'waste' some of it replacing a very good CM who wanted to stay in Herrera. At present, I don't think Longstaff will provide much more than Pereira. As a £50m signing, you need to produce straight away and given time, I think Longstaff could be a good purchase but not at the present time for the prices mentioned.
Foden's introduction did little to a City team who are all dominating anyway. And he was not a consistent starter.

Longstaff came in and it coincided with Newcastle hoovering up the points.

If you start the Premier league with Longstaff's full match debut and end it with his injury, Newcastle would be a top six side in terms of points.

Unfortunately we don't know what could have been as there is a limited amount of data.

And we don't know whether he is injury prone or whether this is a one off thing.

Too bad he is priced out of a move. Would have been interesting.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Article by Paul Wilson, whoever that is.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just a quick mention at the end of an article? Doesn't seem convincing at all.

matt23

I don't think any of this post is accurate.

thomas porter

If we can get this deal done + Bruno & Maguire imo it would be a very successful summer. (If Lukaku goes we'd obvious need a replacement 9.)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How reliable is the journo? Seems odd that they don’t have a separate article on that if they’re really convinced.
Wilson of the Guardian is a good journo. He used to work for a number of northern outlets in the past.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I went to primary school with someone called Paul Wilson and he used to take tadpoles out of the classroom tank and eat them. Always wondered if he gave birth to frogs

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From all the players we've been linked with thus far, Longstaff would be the best potentially IMO.

Zed 101

So a team without a manager sets a price for a player who has barely been blooded in the first team.... if this was the case it would indicate that Ashley the money grubbing swine is interested in building the team rather than turning a quick buck.... maybe if Rafa had still been there I could believe this but with Ashley flying solo not a chance... not saying he wouldn't squeeze the deal but no way he would be pricing the player so highly that it would rebuff our advance

IrishRedDevil

Woody briefing. Ball is in Longstaff’s court to try and force a move. He has some grounds for wanting to leave since Rafa is gone and Perez was sold.

AJ10

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him for something like 20 mil plus 10 in add ons.

Mainoldo

He'll have to let them know he wants out. I wonder who is the alternative to him.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
£50m :lol:

Let's just put this into context. Ashley wants £300m for the entire fecking club!

Status
Not open for further replies.