Season ticket policies for the 20/21 season

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Or say someone purchased for themselves and their child. The parent will still be paying for the tickets, the name shift has no meaning. The reset to year 1 does have meaning. That child was and is subject to ridicule.

If you're balloting on the basis of a perceived privilege itI'd be struggling with that notion.
Why is the child subject to ridicule? I don't follow.

I dare say they'll just do a straight ballot.
I'm sure there's many like me who don't even want to go anytime soon, but want to maintain the registration.

I just hope they don't make us pay out, and then refund each game we don't go - unless it is a simple no worries opt out.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Aren’t they allowing all season ticket holders in and nobody else from early October?

P0GBA

They probably should give some priority to longer serving STHs

Maybe hold the ballot between gold and platinum STHs first, then if any remaining, lower to the next 2 tiers (silver and red?)

Noone could complain at someone with a lot more history getting first dibs.

Personally, i'd like to hold my registration, but not apply for any games for a fair old time!
I'm not sure this is a good idea as people who have held the tickets longer are more likely to be older and more vulnerable to a bad reaction to the virus. Ballot may be the best option.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not sure this is a good idea as people who have held the tickets longer are more likely to be older and more vulnerable to a bad reaction to the virus. Ballot may be the best option.
Good point on the oldies

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Season tickets should be scrapped for the entire season at every club. Everyone who had 1 should be allowed first refusal for the 2021/22 season.

This year whatever fans are allowed in they should just do a ballot for every game for members.
Giving mere members the samerighs versus season ticket holders would be madness.
Ballot has to and will be sth first.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'm hoping that United ask their season ticket holders, just who does want to come back this season (assuming we aren't able to play with a full stadium), and then ballots the ones who want to return for individual matches (if it's oversubscribed).

Meanwhile leaving the ones who feel too old/at risk to have a year off - without losing the ticket. I might be being too optimistic there of course, maybe if we offer to pay a holding fee - maybe even part of that refund that we haven't yet claimed from last year.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Would be nice to see some kind of loan system for ST holders. Say, they pay a nominal fee (£100) to keep season ticket status for the full 21/22 season but then get charged at a discounted individual rate for any games you can actually attend later this year. Or, if they don't want to go, give them the option to 'nominate' a buyer (e.g. a friend/family member).

Personally if it was me and I was presented with Palace's options I'd do the first one.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Giving mere members the samerighs versus season ticket holders would be madness.
Ballot has to and will be sth first.
That's basically just having season ticket holders then but less of them. But nobody will be buying one.

Member 101269

We're seven weeks on from our view that we had information on season tickets. The last news I received; "
We are working with the Premier League, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Sports Grounds Safety Authority and the local authorities on planning for a safe return of fans to matches at Old Trafford as soon as it is permitted. However, it is clear that matches will be played behind closed doors until 1st October at the earliest."

Given the continued rise of COVID the OPs statement on CPFCs ST position is questionable why CPFC took the position and with such a short timeframe. What are other clubs doing for season tickets? Has CPFC changed their position? Are other clubs communicating a further view?