Sebastien Haller | West Ham

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Huge flop. Hasn't shown anything of note at West Ham.

What do you think, is he just a bad fit for West Ham or is he genuinely mediocre? Apparently he was very good for Frankfurt though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Can’t stand “strikers” like this. Finish your dinner you fecking idiot.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sebastien-haller.451125/

Some people should not be scouts...

Looks like an absolute unit. How the hell did we miss him for 45m ?

Really like him.
Haller is a baller.
He'd have been fantastic for us.

Big unit, very good technically and works his ass off for the team. Elevates those around him because of the way he plays and brings them into the game. Reminds me a lot of Ibra stylistically when on the ball.
Brilliant target striker. Makes everyone around him look much better.
There were a lot of us here that wanted Utd to sign him, hindsight and all that but we clearly should´ve. Looks a very very good player.
He’s a great player.
Apologies for those I've quoted because I know I've been wrong before but :lol:

edcunited1878

He can't lead a line on his own. Wasn't it he and Jovic at Gladbach who did well together for a season or two...then both made big moves and have thus far become big flops.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I wanted to post in that thread actually but the autoresponse told me not to bump old threads.
Yeah, I just remember reading that and though I'd be a meany.

I've not really seen all that much of West Ham but what I have seen of him has not been great.

Give me Antonio any day of the week.

James Peril

Absolute donkey, apart from his magnificent goal last week. Constantly in offside, always standing in room instead of running into it. He’s a shit John Carew.

arthurka

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sebastien-haller.451125/

Some people should not be scouts...

Apologies for those I've quoted because I know I've been wrong before but :lol:
As someone who watches a lot of Bundesliga I had him made as a player who would slot right in at the Premier League. I don't know what's happened to him he looks absolutely horrible. He had everything you want from a target man for Frankfurt, but he looks disinterested playing for West Ham. But I will blame this on his nationality not my scouting credentials.. :lol:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Eintracht Frankfurt took Real and West ham to the cleaners :lol:
50 mil for Haller and 63 for Jovic
both dreadfull
65 games between them and only 12 goals scored :houllier: :lol: :eek:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Inigo Montoya

As someone who watches a lot of Bundesliga I had him made as a player who would slot right in at the Premier League. I don't know what's happened to him he looks absolutely horrible. He had everything you want from a target man for Frankfurt, but he looks disinterested playing for West Ham. But I will blame this on his nationality not my scouting credentials.. :lol:
What? He’s useless because he’s French?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He was really good at Frankfurt with Rebic and Jovic. Think he was injured for the europa SF when they took you to pens @duffer .

Thought he'd be brilliant in premier league but been a massive disappointment. Attitude dosen't look that great as he barely celebrates on rare occasions he scores.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Eintracht Frankfurt took Real and West ham to the cleaners :lol:
50 mil for Haller and 63 for Jovic
both dreadfull
65 games between them and only 12 goals scored :houllier: :lol: :eek:
Haller was an idiot for choosing West Ham, and West Ham for picking him! Both styles are just counter to each other. Because he's tall people consider him to be a target man but that's just not the role he had at Frankfurt, if he were playing in a more creative team, he'd do much better.

Jovic I still have high hopes for, he needs to get some minutes for another team.

It's funny that Rebic was the worst off that Frankfurt three yet he's been the most successful at AC Milan (after a rough start himself) :lol:

arthurka

What? He’s useless because he’s French?
No not at all, might be sulky or moody.. French players have been known occasionally for being difficult from time to time but can turn it on when they want or if they want to. Even couple of years ago West Ham had another brilliant French players who could be as bad as he could be brilliant. My scouting could also be non existent.

Inigo Montoya

No not at all, might be sulky or moody.. French players have been known occasionally for being difficult from time to time but can turn it on when they want or if they want to. Even couple of years ago West Ham had another brilliant French players who could be as bad as he could be brilliant. My scouting could also be non existent.
If you’re thinking of Payet I totally agree. He decided he was homesick and demanded out. I have no sympathy for them as it’s a club I hate so it was hilarious as they were singing his name one week then he wanted out the next

tomaldinho1

I'm still in the minority who think he could be a good striker - as a few have pointed out, he's not a target man but WHUM are trying to play him there because he's tall and quite quick. It's like how Mou tried to play Lukaku in that role and it just doesn't suit him whereas he plays a different role for Inter and is smashing in the goals there.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Going to Ajax in a transfer worth € 22,5 mln

West Ham signed him for € 50 million, his number in Premier League:
- 48 games, 3196 minutes played
- 10 goals, 2 assists
- An average of 1 goal every 4,8 games, 319,6 minutes played.
- 5 million euros per goal.

Flop.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wasn’t the Cafe upset when we didn’t sign him?

Oranges038

- 10 goals, 2 assists

Flop.
Be funny if he goes out there and does a Tadic on it.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

- 10 goals, 2 assists

Flop.
West Ham have done well finding somebody who will pay anything for him without at least a loan first i think
clearly not worked out as well as either party had hoped and will be interesting to see if west Ham can bring in a half decent striker because it would make them a much stronger team
Antonio deos a job there - but to be fair hes done a job on both wings, accross midfield and at fullback as well
Position ........Games
CF...52
SS...16
RW...19
LW...21
RM...86
LM...70
AM...1
RB...19
LB...1

A proper CF would help them a lot - Is Milik available on a free - knowing west ham they will buy Ballotelli or something equally mad though

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The type of striker he is, he needs to be fed to do something during games. He's not good at many things required for a top class striker (shielding the ball, bringing others into play and even creating).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His best form came in a strike partnership with Luka Jovic, you have to wonder why west ham didn't try and partner both Haller and Antonio together?

he isn't really mobile enough or aggressive enough to be a lone striker, but he's clearly got something about him.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Of course he will do well for Ajax, The Dutch league is a goal fest.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Wonder what Moyes will do with the money

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Do Ajax still have another fixture against the amateurs they scored 13 against? If so then he could possibly outscore his stint in England before the summer.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wasn’t the Cafe upset when we didn’t sign him?
Would've liked to see him in our team with Bruno, Martial and Rashford. He wasn't ever a great goalscorer for Frankfurt, in his last season he scored 20 in 40 matches, the attractive part was that he also had 12 assists and his buildup play was good.

Playing as a lone striker in a defensive system doesn't suit him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Selling him for half of what they paid 18 months ago?

hmchan

His best form came in a strike partnership with Luka Jovic, you have to wonder why west ham didn't try and partner both Haller and Antonio together?

he isn't really mobile enough or aggressive enough to be a lone striker, but he's clearly got something about him.
Why would West Ham disrupt a well-worked system when Antonio alone can do all the work himself?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why would West Ham disrupt a well-worked system when Antonio alone can do all the work himself?
Becuase haller and antonio could have been even better?

Fornals behind them with a midfield of rice and soucek and the usual back 5 would be nice.

hmchan

Becuase haller and antonio could have been even better?

Fornals behind them with a midfield of rice and soucek and the usual back 5 would be nice.
Leaving out the major threat (Bowen), so as to try to get the best (and god knows how good is his best) of the flop?