Sebastien Haller

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Looks like an absolute unit. How the hell did we miss him for 45m ?

Really like him.

youmeletsfly

He looks alright, but so did Richarlison for a while.
He's not ready for us yet. Don't want to disagree with you just for the fun of it, but I think we need a proven goalscorer to get us out of this mess.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He hasn't been that good, has he? A decent start but nothing special yet.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I really liked him a lot when he played in the Eredivisie for FC Utrecht, wanted him at our club instead of Dolberg.

Fosu-Mens

He's not ready for us yet. Don't want to disagree with you just for the fun of it, but I think we need a proven goalscorer to get us out of this mess.
If we are playing with pace merchants like James and Rashford wide, then having a player with the physicality and technical ability to bind up the play, would be useful. Especially with Martial being our only other option up front and PP being the only player in the squad able to create something. Would be an instant starter against teams sitting low.

youmeletsfly

If we are playing with pace merchants like James and Rashford wide, then having a player with the physicality and technical ability to bind up the play, would be useful. Especially with Martial being our only other option up front and PP being the only player in the squad able to create something. Would be an instant starter against teams sitting low.
That's a good point. He would certainly help and would give us a different way of playing against certain opposition.
But overall in the striker position I feel we should be targeting a class player and then look to add someone that would only give us a 2nd option.

Robert

He’s been solid. Not quite set the prem on fire but has diligently gone about his game and racked up a few goals and assists in the process.

To me he looks set for the top, obviously fantastic physical attributes to begin with but also technically well equipped and mentally looks to have a good head on his shoulders showing determination and good game intelligence.

Saw him play a few times last year alongside Jovic at Frankfurt and was keen on him coming to us if we dropped Lukaku. Wasn’t to be but still happy to see him in England and showing his quality.

Based Adnan

He is a player that allows the others around him to strive. He was a big factor in why Jovic and Rebic looked so good last season and earned moves to big clubs. Very good at linking up play, good finisher and deceptively creative. Think West Ham have a gem on their hands tbf. We were linked with him as a possible Lukaku replacement and I was a bit gutted we weren't properly in for him. He is what many people think Lukaku is in terms of being a physical target man who can bring others into play.

Fosu-Mens

That's a good point. He would certainly help and would give us a different way of playing against certain opposition.
But overall in the striker position I feel we should be targeting a class player and then look to add someone that would only give us a 2nd option.
We can always improve the quality of the options available in a position, but what we need the most are not strikers or attacking players, it is midfielders.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I haven't seen that much from him outside of compilations, from what I saw and some of the descriptions here, it feels he has a game similar to Benzema? Could be an interesting prospect.

tomaldinho1

Was talking about him in another thread, he's very suited to the PL and i think he'll do well. I can see him getting ~20 goals in the PL for them (which is no mean feat) if he takes penos instead of Noble as well.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
:lol:

We're not that good.

Varun

Staff
He'd have been fantastic for us.

Big unit, very good technically and works his ass off for the team. Elevates those around him because of the way he plays and brings them into the game. Reminds me a lot of Ibra stylistically when on the ball.

Welbeckham

Brilliant target striker. Makes everyone around him look much better.

arthurka

There were a lot of us here that wanted Utd to sign him, hindsight and all that but we clearly should´ve. Looks a very very good player.

DoomSlayer

So many people here were calling him a donkey and a nothing player. Haller would have been fantastic for us, can play on the ground and in the air, isn't exactly a slouch and has a great technique for such a big forward.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Looks like the Cafe scouts are better than our club scouts.

Swiss_Red89

I rate him highly. I saw him play a lot of times last season as i watch the Bundesliga Highlights every week. I think he would have been perfect for us as the Lukaku replacement.

Sadly it’s typical for our transfer business in the last 6 years that we missed out on him and are now left without a profilic number 9.

Chairman Steve

Looks like an absolute unit. How the hell did we miss him for 45m ?

Really like him.
“Bekos Rashy is a yong strykur, meht. He dos eh fentestic job fur uhs!”

But yeah, it does seem stupid that we didn’t look to bring something like him in if we were going to ditch both Lukaku and Sanchez. I’d have probably preferred him over the linked Mandzukic too.

AneRu

Cue us being quoted £150m for him in a couple of years and then moan through media leaks about how clubs are overpricing their players. This is just one example of the lack of vision hindering us at Old Trafford, Maguire is another.

dbs235

So many people here were calling him a donkey and a nothing player. Haller would have been fantastic for us, can play on the ground and in the air, isn't exactly a slouch and has a great technique for such a big forward.
That's the caf standard for any striker taller than 5"10.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He’s a great player. Loved him at Frankfurt. Makes everyone around him better. Completely selfless and very intelligent. I don’t think he’ll be a huge star, but I do believe he’s about the same level as someone like Firmino and could be very useful for many teams.

Fosu-Mens

He’s a great player. Loved him at Frankfurt. Makes everyone around him better. Completely selfless and very intelligent. I don’t think he’ll be a huge star, but I do believe he’s about the same level as someone like Firmino and could be very useful for many teams.
He would improve our attacking play and he is a very good player. People saying that he is not good enough for our team are blind. Would not rate him as high as Firminho though.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He would improve our attacking play and he is a very good player. People saying that he is not good enough for our team are blind. Would not rate him as high as Firminho though.
Possibly true. But I think that’s about the level he would play at, if he had the right coach and system in place.

Fosu-Mens

Possibly true. But I think that’s about the level he would play at, if he had the right coach and system in place.
Nah, Firminho is on the level with Lewa imo as a striker despite not scoring as many goals. Among the smartest players in the world together with Kimmich, Suarez and Reus.

Haller seems like a very intelligent player from what i have seen from him, but would like to see him play in a more dynamic team or role to better gauge his decisionmaking and ability to impact the overall play. Certainly West Hams best player.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Happy to see him do well, he really improved last season and was a fantastic all round player at Frankfurt. Didn't make killer passes but always seemed to get into position to get a simple assist.

I do think Jovic is still a better prospect, though he isn't being given a chance at Madrid yet, but Haller was certainly the second best out of the front three (Haller, Rebic, Jovic).

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He was linked with us wasn’t he?

SambaBoy

Yeah we were linked with him. Not sure how concrete the rumours were though.

Many who had seen him regularly in Germany claimed he would be a good signing and could add something to United. West Ham took the punt and spent a fair whack on him. He's started of well, and I think he's one of those players who will steadily get better rather than banging in goals in their first season and then never be seen again.

To get him in the future will be difficult and probably not worth it, his price tag will only increase and West Ham will be asking north of £70m probably.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's at Firmino's level, we've again fecked up by not going for this player. And plenty of people here felt we should have as well. We were busy chasing Dybala becuase he was a big name.

meamth

Can confirm, the Caf did say this guy was better than Jovic when Madrid bought him.
Yeah, we identified him from youtube that he is the main guy holding of defenders. Jovic reaped the rewards.

All my years spent watching football, I've been a fan of big technical CFs.

I've been really lucky to witness Berba and Zlatan.

Haller seems like that kind of player, we missed signing a gem.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How are United fans asking why they didn't buy Haller? Mid table player.

He was aight at FC Utrecht.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
United is a mid table team
No. United is currently in mid-table. However, you still have the means of the absolute pinnacle of football and should invest as such. So don't buy dime a dozen players like Sebastian Haller. Leave him to the likes of Everton.

TsuWave

Pointless post.
almost as pointless as baselessly correlating our short lived pursuit of Dybala with us not going for Haller :lol:

No. United is currently in mid-table. However, you still have the means of the absolute pinnacle of football and should invest as such. So don't buy dime a dozen players like Sebastian Haller. Leave him to the likes of Everton.
Thus we are a mid-table team, but fair enough. I'm not extremely familiar with Haller, but I like what I've seen from him so far. Would likely be a better option than what we currently have, which is nothing.

playtowin

I'd never seen Haller play before he moved to West Ham in the summer, but I've been impressed with the little I've seen of him so far, though he does seem to go down easily and complain for too long at not getting decisions rather than getting back into the game.

Dont think he is the best striker outside the regular top 6 though, think that would be Jiminez at Wolves, who is a fantastic player. Would love to see him at Utd leading the line.