Sebastien Haller

Toni Roncoroni

Got pretty excited when we were linked with Haller in the summer. Saw him playing a lot at Frankfurt. He looked really good and dangerous. Also when coming on as a sub. Could have been a great addition to the current squad as he would bring qualities we don't have at the moment. We could use him as a plan B which we clearly don't have. Shame we missed out on him or maybe didn't even try to get him.

tomaldinho1

Got pretty excited when we were linked with Haller in the summer. Saw him playing a lot at Frankfurt. He looked really good and dangerous. Also when coming on as a sub. Could have been a great addition to the current squad as he would bring qualities we don't have at the moment. We could use him as a plan B which we clearly don't have. Shame we missed out on him or maybe didn't even try to get him.
Sadly I don't think we even tried

Our transfer dealings are bizarre though when you think about how many promising players we seemingly haven't been interested in - he'll be on the move this summer again I think to a major club. He's a phenomenal player for me. Think him as a 9 with Martial off him would be epic.

TheReligion

Abusive
This guy turns like a tank and has a horrible first touch. People really wanted him at United and think he'd play well linking to with Rashford, James and Martial?!

meamth

This guy turns like a tank and has a horrible first touch. People really wanted him at United and think he'd play well linking to with Rashford, James and Martial?!
Yeah good time to asses his level of play.

A couple of months ago when Rashford didn't score, he was shite.

Griezman didnt score for barca, he is shyte.

Messi didn't perform well at the moment, he is shyte.

Am I doing this right?

TheReligion

Abusive

Am I doing this right?
You'd be a mug to think Haller would suit what we are trying to build at United. Total misfit and garbage today to boot.

pascell

Am I doing this right?
Well he did stink up the place for West Ham today.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Up there with Joelinton as the biggest waste of money.

GazTheLegend

What happened to this dude?

Do the posters who wanted him at Man United still feel the same?
There's always at least one hipster player that loads of the redcafe rate super highly then he goes to a club like West Ham or Spurs, absolutely stinks the whole season, is forgotten about and then they move on to the next one.

Wonder who it's gonna be this summer.

Classical Mechanic

I've posted this many times but you should never judge a signing on their early form for their new club. Often they're playing on adrenaline after moving to a new country, getting a massive pay rise and the attention they get from media and fans. You see it every season when new signings bring their best form straight after signing before tapering off significantly.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
Looks like an absolute unit. How the hell did we miss him for 45m ?

Really like him.
What’s redcafe’s obsession with “units”? I could find more examples but it’s too much stress

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I could understand his value: Bundesliga is the new trend, had some good seasons, things add up. Joelinton is an absolute mistery to me how did they pay an absurd money for a player that only made one good season and had to leave Brasil for first team chances.

NoneBmStore

People in general tend to watch a single game between two bottom table sides, see a player dominate and think he´s ">The New Whatever"
To think that some people in here actually wanted to sign Teemu Pukki in the beginning of the season. Comical really

flappyjay

The comparison with Joelinton for me does not stick. The Frankfurt front 3 came of a very good season, which included some exciting attacking play. Haller in this side was responsible for holding up play and laying it of to rebic and jovic, hence why he also had decent assist numbers. For some of us (I won't hide) him coming to play back up to Martial and Rashford didn't seem too much of an ask. He and jovic have both flopped so far they have made bad club choices or showing their true level. Joelinton on the other hand had never had a good season, that transfer and its fee are weird.

Pep's Suit

Most truly great No.9s right now are already in their 30s so there's probably some desperation to find the next big thing. Two years back 90% of muppets were desperate to sign Belotti.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Frankfurt really conned half of Europe with regards to their value of their attacking trio. All gone into irrelevance, although I heard Rebic is at least doing alright now at Milan.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I could understand his value: Bundesliga is the new trend, had some good seasons, things add up. Joelinton is an absolute mistery to me how did they pay an absurd money for a player that only made one good season and had to leave Brasil for first team chances.
Not true, he was 17 years old when he broke through at Recife, he became a starter for them at the end of the season and continued being a starter the following season when Hoffenheim took the gamble, bought him and then threw him into their youth ranks. Very odd Newcastle signing though, 44m euros was an insane sum.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Apparently he is being played as a lone striker, that is not his best role. He worked very well with a fluid front three where all 3 were strikers and therefore he wasn't the main goalscorer. Maybe has to move away from Moyes and to another team to find his form again.

Joelinton was absolute nonsense though. Hoffenheim pulled off one of the biggest cons of the decade there.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's been tragic, and yet I saw the other day that he's scored 7 goals... In fact he'd have finished West Ham's top scorer if not for Antonio going on this mad post-lockdown run.

So erm, money well spent?!

tomaldinho1

I don't really get why people are writing him off so quickly - West Ham definitely took a gamble on him with what they paid but he hardly joined an attacking team where strikers thrive. He made what 24 starts and got 7 goals? From what I can see they rarely ever have players breach double digit goals (top is Arnautovic with 13 a few seasons back) and Moyes clearly favours Antonio.

He's 26, he was excellent in the Dutch League, took a season to get up to speed in the Bundesliga and then was great 18/19, now he's come to the PL and been pretty average in a relegtion fighting West Ham. He probably should move now because I can't see Moyes playing to his strengths but hardly a Joelinton comparison.

Robbie Boy

Ah Joe Linton, the Gateshead native. Now there's a truly appalling player: 44 games 4 goals. He makes Haller look like he has a bit of the Messi's about him.

Nick7

His all round play was pretty shite this season, which is his best quality. Cannot understand why United fans were desperate for him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't really get why people are writing him off so quickly - West Ham definitely took a gamble on him with what they paid but he hardly joined an attacking team where strikers thrive. He made what 24 starts and got 7 goals? From what I can see they rarely ever have players breach double digit goals (top is Arnautovic with 13 a few seasons back) and Moyes clearly favours Antonio.

He's 26, he was excellent in the Dutch League, took a season to get up to speed in the Bundesliga and then was great 18/19, now he's come to the PL and been pretty average in a relegtion fighting West Ham. He probably should move now because I can't see Moyes playing to his strengths but hardly a Joelinton comparison.
He was decent in the Dutch league, but that says very little. Vincent Janssen was far better in the Dutch league. So was Van Wolfswinkel, Luuk de Jong, Bjorn Vlemmincxs.

Of course there's always the odd Luis Suarez or Ibrahimovic, but Hallër was good at Utrecht. That's usually a sign that you may be good enough for Feyenoord. Not the prem.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not true, he was 17 years old when he broke through at Recife, he became a starter for them at the end of the season and continued being a starter the following season when Hoffenheim took the gamble, bought him and then threw him into their youth ranks. Very odd Newcastle signing though, 44m euros was an insane sum.
My bad then. Didn't saw many first team games number in his historial, thought he had troube getting into first team at Serie A Brasil.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
My bad then. Didn't saw many first team games number in his historial, thought he had troube getting into first team at Serie A Brasil.
Only reason I know is because I used to follow his progress after signing him on a fantasy football game. (I sold him again fairly quickly when he joined Hoffenheim).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He was decent in the Dutch league, but that says very little. Vincent Janssen was far better in the Dutch league. So was Van Wolfswinkel, Luuk de Jong, Bjorn Vlemmincxs.

Of course there's always the odd Luis Suarez or Ibrahimovic, but Hallër was good at Utrecht. That's usually a sign that you may be good enough for Feyenoord. Not the prem.
Problem of some of those names is that they will only function in certain playing styles. Van Wolfswinkel at Sporting was banging goals when Sporting used a 4x4x2ish with a support striker.
On next season Sporting used a 4x3x3 where the striker had to be more versatile and things didn't go so well.

arthurka

What happened to this dude?

Do the posters who wanted him at Man United still feel the same?
I for one thought he would do well in the PL but his first season wasn't really that was it... This isn't the same player who terrorised defenses in the BL and to be fair West Ham were absolutely dire this season. Think he will come good but not good showing from him this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of the flops of the season, thought he'd be great in the premier league. Would imagine West Ham will loan him and Felipe Anderson out.