Gaming SEGA big announcement on June 4th | "Fog Gaming" - Cloud service for arcades

evil_geko

Well while everyone else is hyped about PS5 announcement, I am hyped about possible SEGA comeback console! They said the announcement is as big as PS5 unveiling so it can't be just a new game or something, hoping for that Dreamcast successor!

Yes, the competition is strong but one can dream!

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...GA-announcement-teased-rile-up-games-industry
https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...digital-games-fest-revolutionary-announcement
https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/28/fans...onsole-60th-anniversary-dreamcast-2-12769757/

But surely if it IS a new Sega console, it wont be called Dreamcast 2?!

EDIT: FFS Sega...

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I just hope they make Sonic Mania 2.

Dante

Average bang
They fell behind the hardware revolution in the 90s. With cloud computing around the corner, now's the perfect time to jump back on board.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Zero chance they're launching a new console. They don't have the money to do that.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Can remember the day I bought my (first) Megadrive. Paid a little extra to have Sonic instead of Altered Beast if I remember right - couldn't believe the graphics and the scrolling speed. Madden was probably the next buy.

So many great games although did buy some turds as well.

Sold it at some point but bought another when Street Fighter 2 came out and played that to death.

Added the 32x expansion to play Doom which was amazing. Also had a Game Gear but traded that in not long after.

Then the Saturn - the Virtua Fighter series games blew my mind - spent hours over a friend's house playing that.

Didn't buy a Dreamcast had converted to the Playstation world by then.

So many good games over the years though.

evil_geko

Yeah I think anyone expecting a huge announcement will be disappointed. It will either be Sonic related or some sort of retro console related I think.
I mean, people are expecting huge announcement only because themselves said it will be announcement "that will "rile up" video game industry" and will be on par with PS5 announcement, SEGA themselves made the high expectations.

You don't "rile up video game industry" with just new Sonic game announcement or something similar.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Finally got the dreamcast working the other day, loving it so far. :drool:

Art Vandelay

I mean, people are expecting huge announcement only because themselves said it will be announcement "that will "rile up" video game industry" and will be on par with PS5 announcement, SEGA themselves made the high expectations.

You don't "rile up video game industry" with just new Sonic game announcement or something similar.
Marketing departments do that all the time. Just a few weeks ago MS and Ubisoft hyped up gameplay footage and then produced no gameplay footage. The games industry is like 80% mad lies.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Would be a bit strange if they announce a new console, as much as I'd love that. Would they then stop making games like Sonic for other consoles and make them console exclusive again?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I say they're teaming up with Microsoft. Xbox consoles will use the Sega branding in Japan to help them try and actually sell some consoles there for a change.

evil_geko

Yeah, the Microsoft thing is more likely of course, but one can hope.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't think they have the gaming library to do a new console. Sonic was carrying them in the 90s against Nintendo and he's probably not big enough to do it nowadays. Well, he's still big, but his games aren't as must get now more like.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I say they're teaming up with Microsoft. Xbox consoles will use the Sega branding in Japan to help them try and actually sell some consoles there for a change.
I'm not saying shit about what this actually is.

However, what I will say is that M$ screwed them to a huge degree on the Dreamcast and they were the death knell for Sega. So any potential Sega/M$ link up should be treated with contempt if you ever wanted a new Sega console. Microsoft aggressively went for Sega in the market share and largely are responsible for wiping them out.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I was hoping for the return of DC Quake III servers...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
A poster named choccy77 asked me to post the following:
The Sega unveil in the magazine falls on the same date PS5 reveals their new gameplay.

Maybe not a coincidence?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
A poster named choccy77 asked me to post the following:
Except the date the PS5 reveals their gameplay will be on the 5th in Japan, one day after the issue is out.

Looks like a sure thing Sega and MS are linking up in some way. Probably to put Sega's name on Xbox consoles in Japan, with most/all Sega IPs becoming Xbox/PC exclusive so no more Yakuza/Persona on PlayStation. No mention of Yakuza: LAD on PS5 a few weeks ago was kinda an indication something is up.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Is that it? :lol:

I don't think my slightly aged eyeballs would allow me to play that.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Also Game Gear MICRO? I remember buying a game gear with a magnifying headset as a kid. Why do we need a micro size of an already micro console?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The Sonic sequel would genuinely have been a better announcement