Gaming SEGA big announcement on June 4th | "Fog Gaming" - Cloud service for arcades

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Im so happy about that GameGear news :lol:

I really didn't want them to align with Xbox!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought that was a cheap photoshop somebody had done :lol:

So their big reveal is a smaller version of a handheld that failed first time round?

Fog gaming on the other hand is moving in the right direction, and towards the way the world will eventually go. Could be an important step.
What is fog gaming? Part of me thinks it's related to cloud gaming and the other part thinks it might stand for free online gaming but Google was actually inconclusive.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Gamegear.. i wanted one do bad when they came out after seeing a cool kid playing one during a flight. Man all i wanted as a gamegear back then. Never had one, i guess i was too young.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
FFS, Sega...

rotherham_red

Honestly the Mega Drive 2 (Genesis if you're a yank) is the greatest console ever for me. So many hours spent playing the classics - the iconic Sonic games, Streets of Rage, SF2, MK3, Brian Lara Cricket, I could go on and on

How the SNES beat it in the console wars, I will never know.

What is fog gaming? Part of me thinks it's related to cloud gaming and the other part thinks it might stand for free online gaming but Google was actually inconclusive.
Kind of like fog/edge computing. Think of cloud computing where the end user has a light terminal and the bulk of work is done in massive central data centres, in fog computing the work is shared across multiple smaller machines that are physically much closer to the end user. It results in lower latency and better performance for most applications.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Honestly the Mega Drive 2 (Genesis if you're a yank) is the greatest console ever for me. So many hours spent playing the classics - the iconic Sonic games, Streets of Rage, SF2, MK3, Brian Lara Cricket, I could go on and on

Because the Snes had an even larger collection of classic games, and was the superior machine.

I still have both of mine, excellent consoles, but if a game came out on both there was only ever one choice of which machine to get it on (bar the odd exception).

SirAF

Ageist
Because the Snes had an even larger collection of classic games, and was the superior machine.

I still have both of mine, excellent consoles, but if a game came out on both there was only ever one choice of which machine to get it on (bar the odd exception).
Yeah, when I was a kid my first console was the Mega Drive 2 instead of the SNES. I regretted it like a dog :(

Ainu

You mean the system which had several of the biggest classics in the history of gaming like A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Super Mario World and Final Fantasy VI, among others? Yeah no idea how that did so well.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Yeah, when I was a kid my first console was the Mega Drive 2 instead of the SNES. I regretted it like a dog :(
When I was a kid I was always a bit resentful that we had a snes instead of a mega drive 2. My brother was a couple years older than me so the console choices were defacto up to him. I wanted the Sega purely for Sonic which I played to death whenever I went to my mates houses. I only realised how much I loved the snes when my brother told me one Christmas Eve that we were packing up the snes and I'm never going to be able to play Mario kart, Mario world, super bomberman, donkey Kong ect again after Santa brings us the PlayStation. I cried all night. My brother made the right choice in getting the snes, though he didn't have to be such a bastard that Christmas.