Television Seinfeld

Peanut Butter

Really late to the party on this. Up to Season 5 now. Please no spoilers!

So damn funny. Writing is superb at times and George Kastanza (sp?) is my favourite character of all time.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Really late to the party on this. Up to Season 5 now. Please no spoilers!

So damn funny. Writing is superb at times and George Kastanza (sp?) is my favourite character of all time.
Kramer though

DanBorja

My favorite show, started late as well two years ago, but it grew fast. Now I rewatch it every night before I sleep. And yes, George Costanza is a gem of a character, mostly based on real life stories of Larry David.

When you finish Seinfeld, make sure to watch Curb your Enthusiasm as well. Definitely up there and you will notice how Larry David was the mastermind behind Seinfeld.

Peanut Butter

My favorite show, started late as well two years ago, but it grew fast. Now I rewatch it every night before I sleep. And yes, George Costanza is a gem of a character, mostly based on real life stories of Larry David.

When you finish Seinfeld, make sure to watch Curb your Enthusiasm as well. Definitely up there and you will notice how Larry David was the mastermind behind Seinfeld.
Yeah I need to start CYE but will wait until I finish this.

Is it as funny?

cyberman

George is based off of Larry, he basically is George which is why i see Curb as a spinoff for the character.

It makes sense to me!

DanBorja

George is based off of Larry, he basically is George which is why i see Curb as a spinoff for the character.

It makes sense to me!
Definitely

It always amused me how all Seinfeld's actors told Larry that George's character was an idiot and how Larry would get irritated about it

Grylte

Kramer is amazing but George has me in stitches at times!
Have you seen the episode where Elaine saw George naked after he had been swimming, yet?
One of the better episodes, in my opinion :)
No spoilers, but if you haven't seen it, i guess you know what it's about :)

Flying_Heckfish

My favourite comedy show, hands down. Fourth season is my favourite, but there are so many great episodes littered throughout (even some in the later seasons when LD moved away from it).

You can see how Curb was a natural progression (and it is great).. but there's just something about the blend of that humour with the 'standards' of a major 90s sitcom.

BTW.. Don't forget to go LD spotting.. he appears briefly as various characters and does voice overs as well.

DanBorja

My favourite comedy show, hands down. Fourth season is my favourite, but there are so many great episodes littered throughout (even some in the later seasons when LD moved away from it).

You can see hoe Curb was a natural progression (and it is great).. but there's just something about the blend of that humour with the 'standards' of a major 90s sitcom.

BTW.. Don't forget to go LD spotting.. he appears briefly as various characters and does voice overs as well.
The man with the cape :lol:

Costanza's boss at the yankees takes the cake tho. Brilliant.

Peanut Butter

Have you seen the episode where Elaine saw George naked after he had been swimming, yet?
One of the better episodes, in my opinion :)
No spoilers, but if you haven't seen it, i guess you know what it's about :)
Literally just watched that this evening! Hilarious episode :lol:

(It wasn't Elaine though, it was Jerry's girlfriend that saw George naked;) )

Peanut Butter

You can see how Curb was a natural progression (and it is great).. but there's just something about the blend of that humour with the 'standards' of a major 90s sitcom.

Yeah LD is Yankee's boss voice isn't he?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Elaine's dancing. :lol:

Very good show, I genuinely enjoyed watching back-to-back episodes before sleep on ComedyCentral but they stopped airing it a while ago.

DanBorja

Also did the voice of Newman, I think, before the character actually appeared on camera.
Yes! "Wave to me when you pass my window" :lol:

Something Seinfeld has it's that all characters are brilliant. George's parents are amazing, Elaine' bosses, Puddy, heck, even Kenny Bania made me chuckle.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Years since I watched, but brilliant writing. George is just classic, and Kramer superb character, Jerry is sort of just the glue that holds it all together.

decorativeed

Frank Costanza is a great character. Any scene with George and his parents is a good one.

"Why can't he have bananas ON THE SIDE!?"

DanBorja

Yeah, that one cracks me up every time. Her moves are pure gold. Also, Puddy as her boyfriend :lol: I think he appears in season 6, not sure.

Great comedy show, one of my favorite.
That episode when Puddy paints his face for the Devil's game :lol:

cyberman

A festivious for the rest of us.. And as I reigned down blows i thought there must be a better way.
They have little bits of genius out of nowhere. I remember a scene when Kramer is talking to someone beside a pier, out of nowhere a dwarf walks between them and just dives in. Kramer looks over and says he just sunk like a stone didn't he?

Love that show

Grylte

Literally just watched that this evening! Hilarious episode :lol:

(It wasn't Elaine though, it was Jerry's girlfriend that saw George naked;) )
Yeah, you're right, sorry.
But i remember Elaine being involved and making fun of him for it.

sajeev

I could pick any episode from any season, and know that I am guaranteed laughs.

Amazing show

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I've tried to like this show so many times, but I just find it really dull.

SteveTheRed

It's the perfect sitcom really. I still have loads to watch as only started late but when you consider the time it came out, so many shows nowadays use a similar formula or try to recreate it.

I watched Curb Your Enthusiasm first which is brilliant, Leon is great :lol:

cyberman

Everytime I see Griezmann celebrate he reminds me of Elaine dancing

b82REZ

I started watching this a few weeks a go. It's brilliant.

I wasn't so keen on the first season but it just gets better and better from then.