Television Seinfeld

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Thank god for Larry David.
I wonder if he just does these shows from time to time now because, well, it's instinct? The guy is absolutely, insanely, stupendously rich. He doesn't need to make sure the show is funny because if he doesn't get another one next weekend he'll still be able to put food on the table.

But Larry David, my god, such an amazing mind.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I feel like his style of jokes are best as they were with the episodes of Seinfeld, just a few before, after and maybe a couple in between, ideally when relating to the plot of the episode in some way. I couldn't really imagine watching a whole stand up of them for a couple of hours.

I have his SeinLanguage book which is good, but yeah again, I can't imagine wanting to go to see a whole set unless I got free tickets of something.

Sweet Square

I wonder if he just does these shows from time to time now because, well, it's instinct? The guy is absolutely, insanely, stupendously rich. He doesn't need to make sure the show is funny because if he doesn't get another one next weekend he'll still be able to put food on the table.

But Larry David, my god, such an amazing mind.
Agree with this. It happens to almost every person who ''makes'' it. I think it's particular difficult for comedians because

1)They can't just tell old jokes like the way an ageing rock band can live off playing the classics until the end of time, comedians have to come up with new material. No one is going to pay to see Jerry perform his act from the 90's. Which is why marketing is so important.

2)Clearly having an insane amount of money melts you're brain. Seinfeld did the whole ''PC cultural gone made'' thing a few years back because he mildly bombed at a collage gig, so instead of blaming himself for shit material he turned into Principal Skinner (No it's the children who are wrong!). Also no one wants to tell the rich guy his ideas are shit because that doesn't pay so well.

3)Comedy ages about as well as Paul Gascoigne mid 40's, Whats funny now, is very likely to be well not very funny to begin with(As my Gazza joke very cleverly points out)and down right embarrassing in a few years time. This is possibly the difference between the truly greats and the rest of us you lot.

:lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Agree with this. It happens to almost every person who ''makes'' it. I think it's particular difficult for comedians because

1)They can't just tell old jokes like the way an ageing rock band can live off playing the classics until the end of time, comedians have to come up with new material. No one is going to pay to see Jerry perform his act from the 90's. Which is why marketing is so important.

2)Clearly having an insane amount of money melts you're brain. Seinfeld did the whole ''PC cultural gone made'' thing a few years back because he mildly bombed at a collage gig, so instead of blaming himself for shit material he turned into Principal Skinner (No it's the children who are wrong!). Also no one wants to tell the rich guy his ideas are shit because that doesn't pay so well.

3)Comedy ages about as well as Paul Gascoigne mid 40's, Whats funny now, is very likely to be well not very funny to begin with(As my Gazza joke very cleverly points out)and down right embarrassing in a few years time. This is possibly the difference between the truly greats and the rest of us you lot.
Baddum tish

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Still never watched this, and the more I’ve seen of JS the more I think he is a complete prick.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Do you think Curb is better? Or Seinfeld is still king?
Honestly it's so hard to pick, they're always battling for the top spot. I'd probably have them tied. Curb is probably more consistent, but has almost half the amount of episodes of Seinfeld in more than double the amount of time, so it'd be expected probably. Whereas Seinfeld has that classic sitcom feel.

Both are perfect and I will watch them forever so that's the most important thing.