Sell me the Glazers: Positive Arguments for Glazer ownership

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Does anyone know what the net spend on transfers has been since the Glazer's took over?

Saffron

Does anyone know what the net spend on transfers has been since the Glazer's took over?

£56m net per year. That’s about equal to their promise from 2005 (communicated through the CEO) that they would spend £50m net on transfers per year.

David Gill said when they took over that the Glazers would spend a net 50 million a year.

I ran his theory against our spends since 2005 using transfermarkt. 1294 million on transfers. 504 recieved. Net spend 790, divided by 14, 56 million a season, he wasnt far wrong.

Whats the point of these 750 million pound adidas sponsorships? Transfers? Roof repairs? Training facilities? Youth academies? Free pies for season ticket holders?

Nah, f**k the lot of us, dividends for the glazers.

Thy pull the wool over everyones eyes by letting us get linked to everyone under the sun. I expect the same as last summer, we wont actually sign jack s**t and end up wondering why. They’ll later leak that they didn’t trust Ole (why appoint him) and tout a rebuild under a new manager once he's sacked because the squads still s**t, to buy until the end of the season. If we were spending any money this summer we wouldnt have given Jones a new contract or bother bringing Mata back.

RyRy11

By some people's opinions on here its positive that they aren't Saudi Arabian...

Le Red

Utd enjoyed huge success and spent massively on the squad under Sir Alex Ferguson, so blaming the Glazers [for what happened later] simply makes sense.
Corrected in the name of intellectual honesty.

The team the Glazers bought in May 05 hadn't won the league for 2yrs when they purchased us and was full of average players like Miller, Forlan, an aging keano, howard, kleberson, rossi, bellion, carroll
Funny how you cherry picked those names and still managed to cite two damn good players.

Le Red

No, there is a return on investment when you're a start up or relatively new product to the market and you want a high level of exposure at minimal costs or you produce a product whereby you rely on that exposure for brand awareness (see cars, cosmetics, jewellery etc)... IE: disposable items. These streams work far better for kit and boot providers than then clubs themselves.

When you're an established brand and your product is entertainment on a football pitch, your revenue is generated in an entirely different way to consumer products whereby these streams are pointless considering there is already x amount of youtubers who already create content of your product for you at no cost to you. In affect, these avenues do not become advertisement or money making streams for a product/brand like Manchester United but simply communication tools from the club to fans.

Sorry, but I hope you get a better understanding of the micro and macro forces that affect product marketing before you waffle on about how I have no idea of the benefit of these marketing streams.
It's not about selling merchandise, it's about fanbase engagement. It's not hard to understand.
I for one don't give a feck about twitter or football clubs Youtube channels, but there are billions of people who do. To ignore the gravitas of these means of brand awareness is to be oblivious on purpose.

#6pogba

Trending in Ireland now. About time the fans started this up again.

Last edited by a moderator:

KristianMackle

This is something nice that will make fans feel good but we all know it wont go anywhere. The owner and his sons live in America and I very much doubt they are on Twitter. This club is an incredible money making machine. You'd have to be quite dense, to give it up if you're the owner.

Celoti23-81

This is something nice that will make fans feel good but we all know it wont go anywhere. The owner and his sons live in America and I very much doubt they are on Twitter. This club is an incredible money making machine. You'd have to be quite dense, to give it up if you're the owner.
I'm pretty sure they will get to know somehow! Isn't something like this on social media a big negative for a club that relies on social power?

clarkydaz

I think they browse social media now and again mate :smirk:

IrishRedDevil

Who gives a shit what trends, it won’t change a single thing.

Why pick today to start something like this anyway?

The Glazers continue to spend money. Fans should be careful what they wish for, as we could end up with owners such as the Arsenal owners who don’t want to spend.

Marcelinho87

£56m net per year. That’s about equal to their promise from 2005 (communicated through the CEO) that they would spend £50m net on transfers per year.
Who gives a shit what trends, it won’t change a single thing.

Why pick today to start something like this anyway?

The Glazers continue to spend money. Fans should be careful what they wish for, as we could end up with owners such as the Arsenal owners who don’t want to spend.
The post above proves that they don't actually spend all that much!

And "Who gives a shit" quite a lot by the looks of it? What else do you propose people do?

clarkydaz

Hmm but 50m promised in 2005 football sounds a lot more impressive than nowadays eh?

C'est Moi Cantona

Interesting listening to Philb De Brun, saying something along the lines of we've let it be known to agents that we need to sell before we buy, or anything big anyway.

Also convinced they're getting the balance sheet looking as good as possible right now in order to make us more attractive to sell.

I know not everyone one is a fan, but it was a brutal podcast for a fan to listen to.

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

What makes this #GlazersOut campaign different to the Green & Gold LUHG & Unfollow United campaigns in the past?

Take nothing away, I desperately want these parasites out of our club along with their little pathetic puppet Woodward but it’s just that I’ve seen these campaigns before and they end up with virtually nothing.

They only care about money and we make plenty of that which is why they ain’t going to depart unless some Saudi Prince comes in to buy them out....

Cloud7

What makes this #GlazersOut campaign different to the Green & Gold LUHG & Unfollow United campaigns in the past?

Take nothing away, I desperately want these parasites out of our club along with their little pathetic puppet Woodward but it’s just that I’ve seen these campaigns before and they end up with virtually nothing.

They only care about money and we make plenty of that which is why they ain’t going to depart unless some Saudi Prince comes in to buy them out....
Nothing. The tweets will get a lot of likes and retweet’s, sky will probably pick up on it and run a story about it tomorrow, and by this time tomorrow evening something else will be trending and no one will be talking about this again.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Interesting listening to Philb De Brun, saying something along the lines of we've let it be known to agents that we need to sell before we buy, or anything big anyway.

Also convinced they're getting the balance sheet looking as good as possible right now in order to make us more attractive to sell.

I know not everyone one is a fan, but it was a brutal podcast for a fan to listen to.
I listen to his podcast and he has mentioned it for the last few months about the glazers. I’ve not listened to the newest one yet though.

robinvpersie

Avram's dead,
He's dead,
He must of lost his head,
Rooney became a Fed,
Intelligence is dead,
Its dead.
Let's pay some tax instead..

RedDevilRoshi

Nothing. The tweets will get a lot of likes and retweet’s, sky will probably pick up on it and run a story about it tomorrow, and by this time tomorrow evening something else will be trending and no one will be talking about this again.

Which again shows these campaigns hardly ever work. The Glazers have probably seen this trending tweet and probably laughing their heads off whilst chilling on a bed made out of cash.

I honestly hope I’m proved wrong as I desperately want these pricks out of our club but I just honestly cannot see it unless a Saudi Prince or someone else with a steep load of cash buys them out.

Last edited:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Sometimes it’s just worth telling a cnut they’re a cnut. Fact of the matter is there isn’t much fans can do about it, but they may as well vent their frustration.

What is worse is benign acceptance.

Rooney1987

Yeah this new campaign probably won't do anything but clubs and brands work very differently to social media these days to even a few years ago during the Green/Gold campaign. Be interesting to see how this plays out with the media and ex players.

Might end up boiling down to what situation would the fans want this Glazer ownership or Saudi owners.