Serge Gnabry | Bayern player

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am surprised that we're not linked with him. He's 21, who had previous experience in the EPL and who scored 13 goals in 23 matches at Bremen.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't believe Arsenal actually sold him considering all the dross they usually hold onto for so long.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
He forced the move. The rumour was Bayern were in for him and planned on loaning him out. We asked for a substancial fee, they pulled out but loaned Bremen the money as long as they agreed to put a low release clause in his contract. Good player, not sure about his attitude though, he showed up out of shape last season

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
He forced the move. The rumour was Bayern were in for him and planned on loaning him out. We asked for a substancial fee, they pulled out but loaned Bremen the money as long as they agreed to put a low release clause in his contract. Good player, not sure about his attitude though, he showed up out of shape last season
Not sure how many people will agree with you that 5m € is a 'substancial fee'..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Seemed bit of a speed merchant whatever little I've seen of him. 10 goals in 22 matches is a pretty good record though considering his age.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Gnabry has much more talent and potential than a player like Ox, but Wenger plays favorites and Gnabry wasn't one of them. Wenger horribly mismanaged him and his contract situation. Loaning him to Pulis last year? No wonder he wanted to leave the club.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Confirmed move to Bayern

Reminiscent of Zeki Fryers leaving us for Standard Liege. We knew he'd end up at Spurs the following season and was obvious with Gnabry going to Bremen. Bayern end up getting him for free.

NotQuiteManc

Another understudy to RR. Costa seems to fail at it, with the Juve rumours, including Sanches although of course he is not the RR understudy. Another smart, and cheap acquisition by BM.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Spurs did the same with Zeki Fryers when they tried to sign him from United.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Reminiscent of Zeki Fryers leaving us for Standard Liege. We knew he'd end up at Spurs the following season and was obvious with Gnabry going to Bremen. Bayern end up getting him for free.
Where did you read that? They didn't get him for free, they triggered his 8m € release clause.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Where did you read that? They didn't get him for free, they triggered his 8m € release clause.
I can't find the tweet but I remember a few days ago Werder Bremen tweeting that Gnabry triggered something in his contract that allowed him to leave for free. Guess I interpreted it wrong. Still, 8m is a bargain.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
This will bite wenger in the arse again.

Genuine talent that was mostly ruined by injuries, as is typical at our club. Spent a season on loan at west brom where he barely kicked a ball though i don't know what he was thinking going there as a flair player as pulis only knows hoof ball and set pieces and the occasional leg breaker.

Ironically this may stop bayern going after sanchez now.

Blackwidow

This will bite wenger in the arse again.

Genuine talent that was mostly ruined by injuries, as is typical at our club. Spent a season on loan at west brom where he barely kicked a ball though i don't know what he was thinking going there as a flair player as pulis only knows hoof ball and set pieces and the occasional leg breaker.

Ironically this may stop bayern going after sanchez now.
I do not think that this stops Bayern from going after Sanchez - I think it shows that they stopped going after Sanchez because he called to high wages and the transfer just got ridiculous. If you pay Sanchez ridiculous sums players like Lewy etc. will start to ask for rises soon...

There always was this "rumour" that Bayern helped finance the transfer from Gnabry to Werder and that there was a clause they could trigger when he is successful. If a transfer for e.g. Sanchez would have functioned I am pretty sure that Gnabry would have either gone to Hoffenheim for a year or two or stayed in Bremen.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why would Gnabry's transfer say anything about Sanchez? One is a squad player and the other would be signed as a key player.
If you want to draw conclusions from this deal you should probably look towards Costa.

Blackwidow

Why would Gnabry's transfer say anything about Sanchez? One is a squad player and the other would be signed as a key player.
If you want to draw conclusions from this deal you should probably look towards Costa.
I think that Gnabry is smart enough not to come this year if there is Ribery and Sanchez occupying the left wing...

The trouble would already be cooking with this two on the same wing as Ribery thinks he can still play 90 minutes every match...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think that Gnabry is smart enough not to come this year if there is Ribery and Sanchez occupying the left wing...

The trouble would already be cooking with this two on the same wing as Ribery thinks he can still play 90 minutes every match...
Gnabry (and Sanchez) can also play other positions, be it second striker or right wing.

Blackwidow

Gnabry (and Sanchez) can also play other positions, be it second striker or right wing.
Oh - you mean as striker where Lewy does not want to sit on the bench one minute or on the right where Robben has the same idea - and there is still Coman...

And in the middle... I think that Ancelotti will go for the 4-2-3-1 with hanging striker this season as it is the best to get the best out of the offensives and Thiago is better on the 8 - but the second system for sure will be with 3 midfielders.

Enigma_87

You know who
They also have Ribery, Robben who signed 1 year extensions and Coman apart from Costa. With Gnabry they will have 5 wingers for 2 positions. Even if they sell Costa can't see them getting Sanchez as well. Most likely they will look to sign another winger next year when they will part with Ribery (and probably Robben).

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If that's the case, we're completely insane. Sadly I also think it might be true :( .
I doubt that. Gnbary is a straight up replacement of what they lost in Goezte. A natural 10 who can operate in wide areas and as a false 9. Basically an alternative to Mueller and a thing that can allow Thiago to operate deeper. I still believe Alexis is being targeted to permanetely retire Robert or Robben from a starting berth.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I wonder if he's ever been nicknamed Gnab. Because that would be bang out of order.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They also have Ribery, Robben who signed 1 year extensions and Coman apart from Costa. With Gnabry they will have 5 wingers for 2 positions. Even if they sell Costa can't see them getting Sanchez as well. Most likely they will look to sign another winger next year when they will part with Ribery (and probably Robben).
Ribery and Robben are in their mid thirties. Bayern can't rely on them to play through an entire season. Ribery basically only played half the possible minutes this season already, so I don't think it would be a huge stretch to give a spot to Sanchez and let the old guys rotate for the other one. Costa would likely leave in that case and with Coman and Gnabry they'd have like 4.5 players for two positions, with 1.5 of them being gone soon: enough minutes for everyone and a decent enough outlook for the youngsters.

Notorious

He is quality, at the time he left us I rated him above the Ox even though he's younger and played much less. It would be nice to have him back, pacy and strong, good on the ball and he gets goals!

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
I do not think that this stops Bayern from going after Sanchez - I think it shows that they stopped going after Sanchez because he called to high wages and the transfer just got ridiculous. If you pay Sanchez ridiculous sums players like Lewy etc. will start to ask for rises soon...

There always was this "rumour" that Bayern helped finance the transfer from Gnabry to Werder and that there was a clause they could trigger when he is successful. If a transfer for e.g. Sanchez would have functioned I am pretty sure that Gnabry would have either gone to Hoffenheim for a year or two or stayed in Bremen.
looks like you're repeating yourself. Either way, i think bayern won't come in for him anymore as they've got enough players competing for positions.

Also gnabry wouldn't have gone to bayern without some playing time guarantees as he left us at arsenal in the first place due to lack of game time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Strange signing for Bayern, what's next Iwobi next summer?

NYAS

Weird post, Gnabry has been excellent over the past year starting with the Olympics and is German. It's not surprising at all that Bayern have signed him.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
looks like you're repeating yourself. Either way, i think bayern won't come in for him anymore as they've got enough players competing for positions.

Also gnabry wouldn't have gone to bayern without some playing time guarantees as he left us at arsenal in the first place due to lack of game time.
I'm pretty sure no one guaranteed him any game time, no one gets that at Bayern. Bayern and Gnabry probably both see it as a low risk gamble, nothing more.

Devil81

The same Iwobi Sanchez has just said is the best prospect he knows at Arsenal.

Why judge a player after twelve months of a career, he could improve year on year. Gnabry clearly has improved a lot.