Serge Gnabry | Bayern player

Hulksmash

He's another de bruyne. You can't predict that these players will explode suddenly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
72m on Pepe is looking even worse business now :lol::lol::lol:

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Has he ever scored 2 in a game before (much less 4)?
Two? Of course, 4 obviously not.
Gnabry is underrated around here. He will obviously never be a Ribery/Robben for us but I think he can be what players like Mane or a (normal) Salah represent. His biggest issues have been injuries in his career, that's what derailed his career at Arsenal despite being a very highly rated youngster from an early age on (I actually saw him play in youth matches when he was only 15, 16 years old).
He was already our best attacking midfielder last season overall and I hope he can further build on this and get more consistency in his performances.

Reactions: Jippy

charlenefan

I was seriously impressed with him at Anfield last season absolutely tore Robertson a new one like I've seen no one do before

izec

It isnt like he was last year at Arsenal. He improved a lot since going back to the Bundesliga with some important loans as well at Bremen and Hoffenheim. Took his chance at Bayern and really a top player now, for Germany as well

Sanchez7

Brilliant today. He was very good last year v/s Liverpool too and has been in phenomenal form for Germany.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's inconsistent, always has had the quality to score the goals he did today (though never expected him to score 4 of them in one game :lol:) but he's either a 9 or 4. Not a lot in the middle.

He's definitely improved a lot so hopefully he'l continue and become a world class player.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Why'd Arsenal sell him?
Looks like you don't know the circumstances.

He had a lot of injury problems at his time in Arsenal, his talent was pretty obvious all the time.

He wanted a new start in Germany, so Arsenal allowed him the transfer to Werder/Bayern.
He changed his food (vegan) and it helped him a lot for his injuries.

So he made the perfect decision.

Baxter

He’s got a brilliant technique when hitting the ball.

charlenefan

He had a lot of injury problems at his time in Arsenal, his talent was pretty obvious all the time.

He wanted a new start in Germany, so Arsenal allowed him the transfer to Werder/Bayern.

He may have made the perfect decision but Arsenal certainly didn't

Whether there's extenuating circumstances or not Arsenal are looking like mugs right now, just like Chelsea do when you remember they had Salah and De Bruyne on their books

Zoo

I didn’t think he was that good in the first half but credit to him for turning his career around.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

Whether there's extenuating circumstances or not Arsenal are looking like mugs right now, just like Chelsea do when you remember they had Salah and De Bruyne on their books
Not really.

Sometimes you have to let players go. You can't keep all players/talents and hope they will break trough. Maybe he still would have injury after injury in England (Diaby, Wilshere...) - he needed a new periphery.

Salah and de Bruyne were completely other cases.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Didn't you let Pogba leave for free? Then buy him back for 80m? Now want to get rid of him again?

You're pretending like this is some rare occurrence in football.

charlenefan

Didn't you let Pogba leave for free? Then buy him back for 80m? Now want to get rid of him again?

You're pretending like this is some rare occurrence in football.
How am I pretending it's rare when I listed a further two examples?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
How am I pretending it's rare when I listed a further two examples?
Because you're saying Arsenal and Chelsea are looking like mugs right now? I'm sure you could go through every top club in the world and find players who they've let leave who have gone on to become much better

charlenefan

Because you're saying Arsenal and Chelsea are looking like mugs right now? I'm sure you could go through every top club in the world and find players who they've let leave who have gone on to become much better
Indeed so don't get so salty when it applies to Arsenal ;)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

If i remember it right he wanted to go to Bayern directly but Arsenal didnt allow it and sold him to Werder. He had a clause that allowed him to leave after one year which created the rumor that Bayern effectively bought Gnabry for Bremen and parked him there for a year before using that clause.
Pretty shady but it worked out for everyone except Arsenal.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I'm only a little salty :lol:

Even the Bayern fans in this thread 2 years ago had no idea he'd become this good
Most Bayern fans around here talk a lot without knowing much tbf.

ctp

Has he ever scored 2 in a game before (much less 4)?
The commentators on German tv said after the third goal that it was his second career hat trick, the first was with Germany v San Marino.

Fer

They have top attacking players with Gnabry, Perisic, Coman, Coutinho, Muller and Lewandowski... Imagine if they sign One of Havertz, Werner or Sane next season. It definitely was a very good match for Gnabry.

Bayern release Robben-Ribery... and they already have wingers to replace them. But we continue with Lingard/Mata, I hope that changes next summer.

Lee565

They have top attacking players with Gnabry, Perisic, Coman, Coutinho, Muller and Lewandowski... Imagine if they sign One of Havertz, Werner or Sane next season. It definitely was a very good match for Gnabry.

Bayern release Robben-Ribery... and they already have wingers to replace them. But we continue with Lingard/Mata, I hope that changes next summer.
Yeah because we act with an arrogance and snobbery that is dragging us down, the club and the fans turned their nose up at the idea of signing coutinho or perisic on loan this summer and instead go into the season down to bare bones and putting avoidable pressure on the youngsters.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF

That's what happens when there's no DOF, proper scouting or the will to fully back up a manager.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Getting out of Wenger's injury carousel probably saved his career.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Read on the telegraph that he's now in a very exclusive club of players who have scored four goals against an english club in a single CL game; it consists of him and Messi. ^^

future2future

Two? Of course, 4 obviously not.
Gnabry is underrated around here. He will obviously never be a Ribery/Robben for us but I think he can be what players like Mane or a (normal) Salah represent. His biggest issues have been injuries in his career, that's what derailed his career at Arsenal despite being a very highly rated youngster from an early age on (I actually saw him play in youth matches when he was only 15, 16 years old).
He was already our best attacking midfielder last season overall and I hope he can further build on this and get more consistency in his performances.
In the first half of the first Ger-Ned game Sane and him absolutely dominated our defense. Very quick, agile player, who obviously can score

Inigo

not true. Where did he go from chelsea? If everyone could see, he would have gone elsewhere.
OK, everyone that watched the Bundesliga, cus he was good at Bremen.

Klopp wanted him at Dortmund that summer but Mourinho blocked that transfer and promised de Bruyne he was in his plans for the seaon which obviously was a lie. De Bruyne was desperate to leave in winter and took the first deal he got from a team willing to pay Chelsea's demands. That's why he ended up at Wolfsburg.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Yeah because we act with an arrogance and snobbery that is dragging us down, the club and the fans turned their nose up at the idea of signing coutinho or perisic on loan this summer and instead go into the season down to bare bones and putting avoidable pressure on the youngsters.
People sometimes think this is Football Manager, where young players miraculously develop into world beaters just by giving them game time or a squad spot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
People sometimes think this is Football Manager, where young players miraculously develop into world beaters just by giving them game time or a squad spot.
People also think it's FM when they keep saying "why didn't we sign play xyz" as if we have rights on every player.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
People also think it's FM when they keep saying "why didn't we sign play xyz" as if we have rights on every player.
"If we just sign a defender we can challenge for top 4". Maguire signed. Issues remain. Our problems go beyond having all positions covered with top quality players. City won the 17/18 league using Delph as a fullback in plenty of games, and improvising on the midfield and defense because they had problems with injuries, and they made 100 pts.

Without creating a unit within the squad and the team, there are no miracles.