Sergej Milinković-Savić

Devil may care

You are deluded. I can't take anything you say even remotely seriously if you think Matic was mobile last season. You could hear his bones creaking when he tried to run.
You clearly didn't watch us last season as Matic had some decent games and was our best midfielder against the press, it was just he could only play 60 minutes and he ran out of gas, but Matic had a careeer beyond last season, I was talking about him in general. If we sign this plank it'll barely be Christmas before you realize what a massive feck up it was.

Abraxas

The idea he's not mobile doesn't square with the stats at all.

How are you simultaneously getting in and around the box, laying on goals and assists left and right, and getting onto the ball at a rate to be quite fundamental to the side while having no legs? That's ridiculous, you would need to be mobile enough to achieve those things in modern football, the days of standing around near the goal as a 10 and getting all the glory while doing naff all are over.

Might not be his main strength, he's a big lad, but he must be getting about the pitch.

Popovic

He's a lot more polished than what he was years ago when we were linked with him. You could see it in our national team as well, he's raised his levels. For a good price, we should be all over it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He attempted far more passes.

Once again, I'm not talking about the career. I'm referencing the last year. Pogba is a worse player now than he used to be.

I'm not interested in what he did 4-5 years ago because he's gotten worse as a footballer.
The point I responded to was about both players tendency to lose the ball. Whatever you are trying to suggest SMS is worse every seasons including the last one, he is also worse when they attempt the same amount of passes. it's not debatable.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You clearly didn't watch us last season as Matic had some decent games and was our best midfielder against the press, it was just he could only play 60 minutes and he ran out of gas, but Matic had a careeer beyond last season, I was talking about him in general. If we sign this plank it'll barely be Christmas before you realize what a massive feck up it was.
I understand he used to be better and more athletic but as far as I was aware the comparison was to last year for Matic.

gza the genius

He's not going to win us the league but we are, at absolute best, a couple of seasons away from that being an even remote possibility. As long as he can help guide us in to the top 4 it will be worth it and I think he's more than good enough for that.

A midfield of SMS, Rabiot, and Eriksen is miles better than any midfield we've been able to put out for probably 3 years now.

Berbaclass

The point I responded to was about both players tendency to lose the ball. Whatever you are trying to suggest SMS is worse every seasons including the last one, he is also worse when they attempt the same amount of passes. it's not debatable.
The difference is pretty small despite attempting significantly more passes and playing far more minutes is my point. Pogba's pass completion ratio is higher because he played less and attempted less passes.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He's not going to win us the league but we are, at absolute best, a couple of seasons away from that being an even remote possibility. As long as he can help guide us in to the top 4 it will be worth it and I think he's more than good enough for that.

A midfield of SMS, Rabiot, and Eriksen is miles better than any midfield we've been able to put out for probably 3 years now.
Literally no one can win us the league anytime soon. Not Haaland. Not Salah. We need to first build a team and Savic is a solid option to our team to improve it.

TOKUGAWA-X

Im all in for Milinkovic signing, he is far better than Mctominay - Fred combined.

rbdoconnor

He has a great variety in his play 2bh, watched him a few times, good cross, physicality etc.

Master Yoda

Savic is a good signing and for this reason I dont believe its gonna happen.

The_Midfielder

The difference is pretty small despite attempting significantly more passes and playing far more minutes is my point. Pogba's pass completion ratio is higher because he played less and attempted less passes.
Is he as lazy as Pogba? Is he better defensively? Does he lose the ball and clumsily foul? Does he press? Work hard? Give out penalties?
There is a role for a player like pogba in the team, the problem was Pogba was very bad defensively.. And bad under press and to press

Devil may care

I understand he used to be better and more athletic but as far as I was aware the comparison was to last year for Matic.
Even last year technical mobility wasn't the issue with Matic, it was his slothness and the fact his engine conked out after an hour.

Teja

Literally no one can win us the league anytime soon. Not Haaland. Not Salah. We need to first build a team and Savic is a solid option to our team to improve it.
Yeah we really need to set ego aside and accept we are closer to Emery's Arsenal than Fergie's United. Makes the challenge of rebuilding an easier one than trying to bandaid every summer with "world class" expensive signings.

Identify the gaps and make realistic signings instead of hoping to sign the absolute best player at some given position.

jamesjimmybyrondean

You're scaring me

Suv666

How is his passing stats? Will he shit the bed when a couple of players press him like Fred does?

DevilRed

How is his passing stats? Will he shit the bed when a couple of players press him like Fred does?
Honestly even our academy lads (Zidane) are better than Fred. I just don't understand why they aren't given a chance over these absolute clowns.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And yet it's still in favor of Pogba which was the point made. SMS best season, isn't better than Pogba's average season when it comes to possession stats.

Berbaclass

And yet it's still in favor of Pogba which was the point made. SMS best season, isn't better than Pogba's average season when it comes to possession stats.
If you look at only that yes, not the context surrounding it.

Hughie77

We need CM, he's been linked before so he's been scouted, the only down point is the Glazers wont cough up. If they do along with Rabiot, then FDJ is no longer going to happen.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We need CM, he's been linked before so he's been scouted, the only down point is the Glazers wont cough up. If they do along with Rabiot, then FDJ is no longer going to happen.
Well that much is obvious. We aren’t signing both FDJ and SMS. It’s one or the other.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hope we sign him, but don't think it will be easier than getting FDJ?