Sergej Milinkovic Savic

beingshe7don

Certainly would be a fearsome midfield with those 4 of Matic, Pogba, Savic, and Jorginho @poacher . If only we could get them. Don't know if Mourinho would agree though.
That would definitely be a great midfield with enough backup. I would definitely want to have Savic but we need a No. 10/ RW/ LB and RB as well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think if ribalta is on the ball, which he should be, he's not going to let an outstanding talent based in Italy pass us by. Can't wait to see what signings he's been cooking up. This lad looks pretty aggressive and technically good. Seems a Jose type player.

redahair

Technically gifted and strong and powerfull be a great signing fo.r someone

beingshe7don

How tall is he? [Does google search] 1.92m (6'4")? Perfect.
I wouldn't mind getting him and then playing and him with Matic and moving Pogba in the number 10 role behind Lukaku. That would not only release Pogba but give us so much strength in midfield.

poacher

I wouldn't mind getting him and then playing and him with Matic and moving Pogba in the number 10 role behind Lukaku. That would not only release Pogba but give us so much strength in midfield.
If we did that we wouldn't need to bypass the midfield by hoofing the ball down the field. No one would overpower that midfield. We would just need to add some pace and drive down the flanks from some pacey skilled fullbacks and wingers and we would have a team capable of winning titles.

Mcking

We have already tried Pogba in that role and he wasn't very good. It's not fitted for his skillset as he'd have less of the pitch to aim for. Would rather play Savic there - although I wouldn't sign him - and keep Pogba in the position he play's now.

beingshe7don

We have already tried Pogba in that role and he wasn't very good. It's not fitted for his skillset as he'd have less of the pitch to aim for. Would rather play Savic there - although I wouldn't sign him - and keep Pogba in the position he play's now.
If not for a 4-2-3-1.... We could play 4-1-2-3.... With Matic as the holding midfielder and Savic and Pogba playing ahead of Matic.... That could work.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Would love for us to sign this guy. Only negative is that he loves to operate the left channel just like Pogba, would have been ideal if he could do the same that Pogba does in the left channel on the right side.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would love for us to sign this guy. Only negative is that he loves to operate the left channel just like Pogba, would have been ideal if he could do the same that Pogba does in the left channel on the right side.
ICYMI - Pogba has been playing on the right side of CM literally all season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Then imagine a 3 man midfield with Pogba Matic Savic :drool::drool:
What will it become
I am less excited than most it seems about us trying to build a team that will beat people up.

From what I’ve seen of Savic he is good on the ball tbh, but I’d rather prioritise a midfielder whose main strength is not his strength. Our rivals all focus on a certain profile of player, and it shows in their football. Liverpool and City seem to regularly chase footballers who are ‘not United players’ or ‘not Mourinho players’ - but they zip the ball around at speed and create more consistent and better chances.

So forgive me for not drooling at the prospect of ‘having the toughest midfield’.

izec

I am less excited than most it seems about us trying to build a team that will beat people up.

From what I’ve seen of Savic he is good on the ball tbh, but I’d rather prioritise a midfielder whose main strength is not his strength. Our rivals all focus on a certain profile of player, and it shows in their football. Liverpool and City seem to regularly chase footballers who are ‘not United players’ or ‘not Mourinho players’ - but they zip the ball around at speed and create more consistent and better chances.

So forgive me for not drooling at the prospect of ‘having the toughest midfield’.
It is a terrible midfield balance wise, all 3 different in some ways and similar in another. We need a different player in midfield, otherwise we run the risk of getting run rings around us in a lot of games against any more than decent side. Preferably a more technical and passing midfielder, who is also quick and nimble on the ground, and not another more heavier midfielder. Good player, but we need something else currently.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Its utterly laughable to claim Savic's main strength is just his physical power.

United Pro

I agree with this comment. I'd prefer a technically superior midfielder to put some of the playmaking responsibilities off Pogba. We saw how much we struggled to create when Pogba was injured.

mad1max954

Matic 2.0

Id like to see 442 diamond with Zlatan, Lukaku, Pogba, SMS, Fellaini, Matic :smirk:

Hopefully Jose finally gets someone in who can actually take a decent corner and we'd win the league (probably).

TheOrgazoid

Great prospect.
I would love our options for DM/CM/AM next season to be:
  • Matic
  • Pogba
  • Savic
  • Herrera
  • Fellaini
  • A.Pereira
  • McTominay
  • A.Gomes

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
ok I know you will not like hearing that but Savic is a Pogba doppelganger with higher ceiling and less baggage / garbage, albeit still flying under the radar in a second tier club.

SwansonsTache

ok I know you will not like hearing that but Savic is a Pogba doppelganger with higher ceiling and less baggage / garbage, albeit still flying under the radar in a second tier club.
Higher ceiling than Pogba? Sure you aren't overrating him now.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Higher ceiling than Pogba? Sure you aren't overrating him now.
He is just more consistent, scores more goals, is physically as gifted and still less prone to youtube tricks. Much less pressure on him for sure until now, but it is not a fluke his valuation starts at €70m within the learned circles and the big boys. He will never win a balloon d'or or become a media star but, as a DM-CM he is the actual next big thing.

SwansonsTache

He is just more consistent, scores more goals, is physically as gifted and still less prone to youtube tricks. Much less pressure on him for sure until now, but it is not a fluke his valuation starts at €70m within the learned circles and the big boys. He will never win a balloon d'or or become a media star but, as a DM-CM he is the actual next big thing.
Feck me, Woody better get on this fast. A midfield three of him, Pogba and Matic would be quite a treat :drool:

SAFicus

All things which could have been said about Pogba in the Serie A just without the trophies and a headline big name talisman.

Please do stop these exaggerations it will only lead to disappointment.

bucky

Yeah, he isn't as talented as Pogba. Laughable to suggest that. He also doesn't score more goals.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
All things which could have been said about Pogba in the Serie A just without the trophies and a headline big name talisman.

Please do stop these exaggerations it will only lead to disappointment.
Nah, you are legit being disappointed about Pogba but this kid has a different head on his shoulders, think of a Mandzukic die hard attitude coupled with a Modric footballing IQ, that's why his valuation and the big name suitors.

Mcking

Nah, you are legit being disappointed about Pogba but this kid has a different head on his shoulders, think of a Mandzukic die hard attitude coupled with a Modric footballing IQ, that's why his valuation and the big name suitors.
We've got the next Zinedine Zidane. Get. The. Feck. In.

SAFicus

Well I hope you are right then. Im sure you've seen more of him than I have.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The implication that Pogba doesn’t have the right footballing mentality is almost as funny as Savic having higher potential.

SwansonsTache

Are you sure a tiny bit of sour grapes from Pogba leaving Juve for United isn't clouding your vision here?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Can you describe his play, I've seen his highlights - but not a full game.
He is a proper box to box player. Good at defending and attacking, with the technical and passing skill. He also has a very good awareness of spatial space and positioning. Yet physically he is a beast. He is destined to be truly world class if he stays clear of injury.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
The implication that Pogba doesn’t have the right footballing mentality is almost as funny as Savic having higher potential.
It's crazy that people make these lazy assumptions based on the fact that he likes to cut his hair often.

izec

He has very good potential to be fair and i would take him in a heartbeat if we didnt have Pogba. He has it all, but i would prefer a different kind of player to balance things out in our midfield.

bucky

Compared to Saul, how is he?
Worse and not as talented. He is a good player without any doubt, but IMO not on the same level in terms of talent compared to Pogba and Saul. Which is why I would rather see us sign Saul.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Worse and not as talented. He is a good player without any doubt, but IMO not on the same level in terms of talent compared to Pogba and Saul. Which is why I would rather see us sign Saul.
So then its not really an upgrade on Herrera . Think we should pass .

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I don't think he'd fit in well with Pogba and Matic tbf. A Thiago/Xavi/Kroos type that's more press resistant would be better.

Great player but shouldn't really be a major priority for United.

Dante

Average bang
I've liked what I've seen of him. But I think it's fair to be wary of Serie A midfielders. Unlike forwards, you can't judge them by numbers. You have to extrapolate their performances to the English game, and that's not easy.

A world class midfielder will dominate Serie A midfields and dominate PL midfields.

A second tier midfielder will dominate Serie A midfields and struggle against PL midfields.

Figuring out one from the other is tricky.