Sergej Milinkovic Savic

Infra-red

Oh look, Serbia in a must win match(v Brazil)play SMS in his best position alongside Matic in a 4-2-3-1 formation
What makes you think that's his best position - he's just had the best season of his career thus far playing on the left side of a midfield three.

Mainoldo

What makes you think that's his best position - he's just had the best season of his career thus far playing on the left side of a midfield three.
Well he’s in a position he will play if he came here then. So still a good indicator

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
With this kind of performance, he better go for a 75% off clearance sale because he looks tantalizingly mediocre.

Ekeke

Unimpressive half. Tried a few flicks and passes, nothing has come off and he hasnt kept the ball well at all

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have not watched much of Lazio this season so my view on Sergej is uninformed, this lad doesn’t look a £100m midfielder though.

Had we not been linked to him by the media would many of us even have thought about him as a possible signing?

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Griezmann didn't go to Barca and Fekir didn't sign for Liverpool. So anything can happen.
I think it can be hijacked, but Mourinho prefers someone like William.

Mahrez to City is not a done deal yet...

Link: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6579919/riyad-mahrez-man-city-leicester-news/
Link: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/man-city-transfer-riyad-mahrez-14804415

IMO Mahrez would be ideal for us.
Ah ha.
I have said all along that Mahrez is ideal. He is desperate to win trophies and wants to play for a big team. If he moves to a big team, I think he'll be hungry and we are desperate for a proper attacking right winger who can run fast (for counter attacks) and create goals for Lukaku.

Mainoldo

He’s Fellaini with skill. Basically Andre Gomes lol. Well if there’s one positive of keeping Fellaini we don’t waste £80m on replacing him. He was kind of right our Fellaini after all, it would cost £50m to get s younger version of him.

RyRy11

Based on this game alone he looks very poor. Not only is his overall gameplay bad but his work rate is leaving a lot to be desired, best to steer clear of this one for now.

AndyJ1985

First time I've really watched him is during this world cup and I can't really see what all the hype is about.

Greck

The skill is there but he'd be a poor fit here. We have enough immobile midfield big men who can't put in legwork or dictate games

red thru&thru

I’ve come to thw conclusion that I won’t judge players in the WC. Some players I know are good, look shocking.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's like I said - he clearly has potential but is still very inconsistent and wouldn't compliment our midfield. People criticise Pogba's work ethic and defensive shortcomings, but he's just as bad.

He was helped so much by Parolo and Lucas doing the defensive work in midfield, allowing him a bit more freedom which Pogba rarely gets, and Luis Alberto who's their main man at getting them to play. I'm surprised that Savic has got all the hype and big money labels when it was clearly Alberto who was the star.

MetoTTT

True.

More worrying for me is Fred can’t buy a minute in this not so great Brazil team.

Unless he is injured?
What's so worrying? The manager has his favourite set up. Fekir doesn' play much for France and all the attacking players in the team are poor since the 1st game. The guy is class and shows quality and passion but still not a starter. So what? It's irrelevant.

Reactions: Sultan

Nick7

I do recall yes, thought he may be fit now though. I guess the plus is he is going to be fresher for us.
He's in training, but Tite is a very pragmatic coach and playing potentially unfit players in what essentially was a knockout match tonight doesn't seem to be his style. Unfortunate for Fred.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’ve come to thw conclusion that I won’t judge players in the WC. Some players I know are good, look shocking.
Lots of players are clearly tired physically and mentally. I'm wondering if World Cups shouldn't be played at the beginning of the season.

NJM78

He's in training, but Tite is a very pragmatic coach and playing potentially unfit players in what essentially was a knockout match tonight doesn't seem to be his style. Unfortunate for Fred.
True I’m sure if they had won first two games more changes would have been made. Don’t see him getting much of a sniff now though going into knockout stages. Just like to see him play a bit apart from YouTube!

Nick7

True I’m sure if they had won first two games more changes would have been made. Don’t see him getting much of a sniff now though going into knockout stages. Just like to see him play a bit apart from YouTube!
Agreed, yeah. Would have liked to see him come on ahead of Augusto today

J_XO

Poor showing in the WC. Be interesting to see what happens with him now Serbia are out

NJM78

What's so worrying? The manager has his favourite set up. Fekir doesn' play much for France and all the attacking players in the team are poor since the 1st game. The guy is class and shows quality and passion but still not a starter. So what? It's irrelevant.
What is relevant for me might not be for you plus I don’t care about Fekir as we haven’t signed him. Also I didn’t suggest Fred as a starter for Brazil, I would have thought he might have had a minute or two on the pitch by now if he is as good as people have suggested. However others on here have now explained his injury etc.

evil_geko

Most sensible comment in this thread.

People are acting like no good player had a shocker in World Cup or European Cup.

Giggsyking

I said it before, overrated player and so much hype and he is no where near the quality of a Paul Pogba, he is not worth signing.