Sergey Pinyaev | Russian wonderkid with close connections to United

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought that I'd make a thread about him. Sergey Pinyaev is a 15 years old Russian wonderkid who had made his professional debut last Saturday. It was quite impressive – he made an assist just 10 seconds after being subbed on:

For those of you who don't religiously follow our academy, I'll tell you a few words about Sergey Pinyaev and why I decided to post about him on redcafe. He has been on 2 trials at Manchester United already – and after the first one, where he had scored 5 goals in the game against Bari, United told to Chertanovo's (that's his current club) academy director that he is the best trialist that United had over the past 15 years.

Obviously, this wasn't the last trial – just this December he had spent another few weeks with United, making the most of it:

Why haven't we signed him yet? Well, we can't sign him until he turns 18 without breaking FIFA's rules – and that's quite a shame. Still, if he will continue to improve at the current rate, it's highly likely that we'll see him at United in 3 years.

A few quotes from his recent interview to manutdzone:
– Is it true you are trialling with Manchester United right now?

– Yeah. I go to Manchester in January and that will be my 3rd visit to United. I don’t know yet when I will become a Manchester United player, I’m still waiting.

– Do you always want to be a striker or is there any other positions you want to move to?
– For Manchester United I can play in every position. If I sign a contract with United I will play in any position the coach says.

– What future goals do you have for yourself?
– I want to play in the first team for Manchester United and I’d like to play in the national team for Russia. To play for United and in the English Premier League is a dream for me.
Unsurprisingly, United are checking in with him constantly and he even got an SMS from the club with congratulations on his great debut.

Edit: a comprehensive compilation of his goals over the years

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I mean in 15 years he'll be 30, not sure tbh

Fetshu

The next Arshavin
Let's hope the star doesn't dim as quickly though... :nervous:

But looking at his comments regarding the ''preferred position'' question, it looks like he is a huge fan. Looks like a tidy player, but it's still early days - him being 15 and all that. Will definetely keep an eye on him for the future.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It seems like the kid is eager to be part of the club, must be a fan.
He was at the away end when we played Liverpool at Anfield. It’s safe to say he’s a United fan.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not sure if he is big enough or explosive enough for the Premier League. Hard pass.

Okey

Shades of Mason Greenwood about the lad. Hopefully he comes on a lot physically over the next couple of years. Definitely a name to keep an eye on...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Needs to bulk up
Will be 29 in 14 years
Would halt Lingards development

Pick one

harms

Staff
Would halt Lingards development
Ole literally said to Lingard that Pinyaev would take his place in 2 years – and I'm not even joking! Ole probably was though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Unsurprisingly, United are checking in with him constantly and he even got an SMS from the club with congratulations on his great debut.
So it looks more or less we have pre contract with player and club, and he will join once he is 18.

harms

Staff
So it looks more or less we have pre contract with player and club, and he will join once he is 18.
Yeah, although as far as I know there aren't any official contract between the clubs signed yet. It's a very strange club though, as it's not even a club per se. It's an academy that has a team in the Russian Second Division, with all of their players being their academy graduates. Pretty much their only focus is on raising young players, so there shouldn't be any issues from their side (they're very happy with this situation as it is), and Pinyaev himself is a huge United fan, so if United would still want to sign him when he turns 18, I'm sure that it will go as smooth as possible.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, although as far as I know there aren't any official contract between the clubs signed yet. It's a very strange club though, as it's not even a club per se. It's an academy that has a team in the Russian Second Division, with all of their players being their academy graduates. Pretty much their only focus is on raising young players, so there shouldn't be any issues from their side (they're very happy with this situation as it is), and Pinyaev himself is a huge United fan, so if United would still want to sign him when he turns 18, I'm sure that it will go as smooth as possible.
Very interesting, thanks for the info.

Hopefully we have some sort of agreement with the player, just to make sure we don't miss him in case he develops really well.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Great thread. Thanks!! Really excited for this kid joining us. Hopefully we have some kind of gentleman agreement with him already.

Also bit offtopic but do we know if we can sign U18 EU players from next season.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Don’t want, wouldn’t get game time and he would make the squad unhappy....

SAFMUTD

Why do we have to wait until he's 18? We brought Pogba from France and TFM from Holland before they were 18. Whats the difference?

SAFMUTD

Oh, I didnt knew it had something to do with the EU. I thought it was some kind of fifa rule.

SamVimes

Oh, I didnt knew it had something to do with the EU. I thought it was some kind of fifa rule.
From the 31st December 2020 the UK will no longer be in the EU. Not sure what happens then, but certainly EU laws will no longer be in effect.

SAFMUTD

It’s a bit of both. The FIFA rule is players u18 can’t transfer abroad. But that goes against the legal rights of EU citizens so they’re allowed to move at 16.
Oh nice to know, if the kid is so good we could make a deal like Madrid is doing with the brazilians. Pay for them and allow them to stay until they turn 18.

SamVimes

It’s a bit of both. The FIFA rule is players u18 can’t transfer abroad. But that goes against the legal rights of EU citizens so they’re allowed to move at 16.
From the 31st December 2020 the UK will no longer be in the EU. Not sure what happens then, but certainly EU laws will no longer be in effect.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I managed to watch about 10 minutes of the second video and I had to stop. How many breakaways can one kid get before the defense learns to:

A: mark the kid
B: drop of a little

Mind you, among the 30 breakaway goals, there were 2 nice goals cutting in from the left and the right and using both feet to bend it far corner...

Charles Miller

Btw, many russians could be playing elsewhere. They get a good money in Russia, so i think they aren't so interested in fighting for a place at some middle table side in Spain or Italy, in general with lower wages. Guus Hiddink tried to convince them to move to stronger leagues to develop, but when they lost to Slovenia in wc 2010 qualifies something changed.

jb8521

It seems like the kid is eager to be part of the club, must be a fan.
From what I've heard the from someone involved in bringing him over the lad isn't a massive football fan in general but United have a first contact approach where we try to get lads over on trial here first before they go anywhere else because psychologically the first experience with a big club will make the biggest impact because when they first come over they don't know what to expect so are generally shocked at the scale of things so then when they go to other clubs they know what to expect & it doesn't make the same impact

hubbuh

It'd be really cool to have a Russian superstar at the club. Hope he makes it here!

arnie_ni

From what I've heard the from someone involved in bringing him over the lad isn't a massive football fan in general but United have a first contact approach where we try to get lads over on trial here first before they go anywhere else because psychologically the first experience with a big club will make the biggest impact because when they first come over they don't know what to expect so are generally shocked at the scale of things so then when they go to other clubs they know what to expect & it doesn't make the same impact
Thats a lot of sentence to take in but i get the point. Probably a fair enough take

jb8521

Thats a lot of sentence to take in but i get the point. Probably a fair enough take
Share something with actual knowledge on here & all some people are worried about is grammar. One of the reasons I post feck all on here any more

Web of Bissaka

Speed, eye for goals, balance, composure and close control.
I want to see more of his overall games, and how he play as a team. Video seems to show his selfishness and more relying on himself hogging the ball and try to dribble even when teammates are in better positions.

I think his best traits (from the vid) are his strong balance, composure and good close control when running at top speed. Those made him easier to beat past players with speed.

In Rainbows

Speed, eye for goals, balance, composure and close control.
I want to see more of his overall games, and how he play as a team. Video seems to show his selfishness and more relying on himself hogging the ball and try to dribble even when teammates are in better positions.

I think his best traits (from the vid) are his strong balance, composure and good close control when running at top speed. Those made him easier to beat past players with speed.
Highlights of the match (#20)

Excellent turn to dribble at 2:55
Sets up chance at 3:40
shot on target at 4:57
Dribbling to key pass at 5:45
Link up play at 6:53
Creates chance at 7:18 & 7:40

For comparison, Isak Hansen Aaroen made his debut for Tromso a few weeks ago and they're a 2nd division Norwegian side. They're both 2004 talents with Isak a few months older.