Sergey Pinyaev

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Classical Mechanic

According to his wiki

On 20 July 2022, Pinyaev collapsed during a training session and was rushed to hospital, where he was diagnosed with a spontaneous pneumothorax. Reports indicated that he might need a surgery and up to 6 months to recover.

Not sure if this will have any impact going forward.

As a player I remember he looked completely outstanding when he was 13 or whatever but is he still that highly rated?

Gordon S

According to his wiki

On 20 July 2022, Pinyaev collapsed during a training session and was rushed to hospital, where he was diagnosed with a spontaneous pneumothorax. Reports indicated that he might need a surgery and up to 6 months to recover.

As a player I remember he looked completely outstanding when he was 13 or whatever but is he still that highly rated?
Thanks, did not notice he had this injury/condition, hope he recovers well from it.

Yeah, he has played in the first div in Russia last year or so and is getting mostly sub appearances but seems to be playing well for his age as far as i can gather.

voyasvirta

Pinyaev made his Russian NT debut last week becoming the youngest ever player to play for their national team. Wonder if we're still tracking him for a future transfer even though Russian players can't move to European teams at the moment.

His stats this season for KS Samara according to TransferMarkt
(playing as LW,RW,CF,SS)
15 games, 953 minutes, 4 goals, 4 assists

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
According to his wiki

Sounds a bit suspect - can't be related to doping or anything can it?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sounds a bit suspect - can't be related to doping or anything can it?
Not that I've heard of. I think when I read on it a bit it's skinny teenagers are greatest risk, but ultimately the reason is unknown. He could be a massive smoker, I suppose!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Not that I've heard of. I think when I read on it a bit it's skinny teenagers are greatest risk, but ultimately the reason is unknown. He could be a massive smoker, I suppose!
Ok fair enough, hopefully he's not smoking 60 a day and everything is fine! :lol:

footballbite

He seems to have been progressing well in Russia, but the emergence of Garnacho who seems a similar type of player in the same position has surely put a spanner in the works, along with the fact that English clubs seem unlikely to be able to purchase players from Russia right now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's an outstanding talent but at this point coming to United would probably be a bad move for him — we have an bunch of young and extremely talented forwards in Rashford, Antony & Sancho as well as an even bigger talent than Pinyaev (Amad) excelling on the loan.

Although Lokomotiv is a poor choice, obviously, if he had any options of going abroad.

footballbite

Think the new work permit rules with Brexit put an end to this one for us.
Wrong!

He'd have actually got a work permit pretty easily with the post-Brexit change in rules giving the Russian league a decent status; plus he's earned points from international caps.

It's Russia's war with Ukraine which would have put an end to it as a possibility, with European clubs unwilling to pay Russian ones for players. Plus the emergence of a similar type of player in Garnacho makes him less necessary anyway.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Given that he is now already 18, he wouldn't qualify as part of our Academy system now anyway.

If he came now it would be just another youngster like Diallo, Pellestri and others before them.