Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

My only Eric

This is a player I really want us to sign.

I've just heard of him and haven't watched him on youtube yet but I believe he's the one to take us to the next level.

Edit: feck that, feck dealing with Barcelona.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There's just too much chaos surrounding the club at the moment. We should revisit this when the dest settles.

Glorio

This is dest the thing we need, a new target dest as another rumoured target bites the dest

Chairman Steve

There goes Erik looking at his Ajax guys again! :p not serious

Isn’t he pretty decent? Also didn’t one of the press allude to a while back that they may be other players involved between us and Barcelona beyond FDJ?

Gator Nate

Serge and Destroy...

As an American, I'd be kind of excited to see this. But word is, he wants to stay at Barca, even though they're trying to shop him out.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seems like more of a very attacking wingback than anything resembling a well rounded RB.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I have been reading /r/barca a lot due to the mass delusion (find it quite interesting to see the narrative on players change over time, it's the same here). The general consensus I have seen is that he is TAA without the attacking ability. Average going forward, bad defensively.

Dest and Umtiti are the only players everyone universally wants rid of, and has done for the entire window.

Edit: And Pjanic because he is on 300k p/w or something ridiculous.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've seen him a few times and he's the definition of average. Although that was two seasons ago and I've seen some comments that he improved last season

Nero

Article from Sport gets its own thread. A new low here.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
I'd be surprised if you want Dest, the guy is really bad. Barca have been trying to sell him for some time now and it was a baffling purchase at the time when Bayern were interested.. they dodged a huge bullet.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd be surprised if you want Dest, the guy is really bad. Barca have been trying to sell him for some time now and it was a baffling purchase at the time when Bayern were interested.. they dodged a huge bullet.
Ten Hag is a top coach though so can probably get a tune from him

NewYorkRed

He’s actually not THAT good. He’d be An upgrade over AWB but he isn’t really that special.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
He’s actually not THAT good. He’d be An upgrade over AWB but he isn’t really that special.
Debatable if he's even an upgrade over AWB. The guy is just really bad, so bad in fact that Xavi is thinking of playing Araujo at RB - a world class potential CB with horrible passing - over him.

NewYorkRed

Debatable if he's even an upgrade over AWB. The guy is just really bad, so bad in fact that Xavi is thinking of playing Araujo at RB - a world class potential CB with horrible passing - over him.
Anybody who can complete a forward pass and run is better than AWB.

Blood Mage

He was great under Ten Hag at Ajax but has been quite poor for Barca. Probably a player who only looks decent in a weak league.

hescoresgoals1899

He perhaps did not adapt to la liga but i am an ajax season ticket holder based in amsterdam and in the golden year where ajax reached semi against spurs with de ligt, ziyech, de jong, van de beek, etc Dest was an outstanding player.
He is better than any right back we have. Was ajax talent of the year in 2020 (other winners incl benni mccarthy, christian eriksen, nazraoui, de ligt, gravenberch and last year Timber) and US Young athlete of the year in 2019. The Dutch and US national teams literally fought for him.

I think its unfair to judge him based on a couple of seasons during which Barca has gone through president and manager changes. Admittedly not many have shone in that Barca team over the last 2 years under Koeman and Xavi.

Under Ten Hag who is the last manager he performed well under this could be a very astute buy. And he is very young so would be comercially sound. Ajax and Barca is outstanding stock to come from.

Dont get sucked into the Dalot hype because he has had a decent pre season. We ve been there before...we re weak at RB.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm really surprised by why Barcelona wants to get rid of Dest. He's never played 'poorly' for Barca. Has good energy levels, good crosser, decent passer and decent defender. He's had a couple of 'brainfarts' but that should improve with experience. Would be a shrewd signing by United - although would United want to deal with Barca again?.

Status
Not open for further replies.