Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

change his last name to Best and give him the number 7 jersey, the marketing potential is huge :)

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He perhaps did not adapt to la liga but i am an ajax season ticket holder based in amsterdam and in the golden year where ajax reached semi against spurs with de ligt, ziyech, de jong, van de beek, etc Dest was an outstanding player.
He is better than any right back we have. Was ajax talent of the year in 2020 (other winners incl benni mccarthy, christian eriksen, nazraoui, de ligt, gravenberch and last year Timber) and US Young athlete of the year in 2019. The Dutch and US national teams literally fought for him.

I think its unfair to judge him based on a couple of seasons during which Barca has gone through president and manager changes. Admittedly not many have shone in that Barca team over the last 2 years under Koeman and Xavi.

Under Ten Hag who is the last manager he performed well under this could be a very astute buy. And he is very young so would be comercially sound. Ajax and Barca is outstanding stock to come from.

Dont get sucked into the Dalot hype because he has had a decent pre season. We ve been there before...we re weak at RB.
Did not play a minute for Ajax the season you reached the semi against Spurs?!

Alemar

Maybe we negotiate with Barca that FDJ deal willl be facilitated by this one, so it’s essentially a package?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
From what I’ve seen which isn’t much he looks very good technically but not that great defensively or physically? His stats are very good, seems to progress the ball at an elite level through carries, dribbles and passing and is in the high percentile for expected assists and goals. At 21 for the price seems to make sense especially given the ETH link and that the only other RB we’ve been linked with seems Chelsea bound and is more of a RWB.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who is going to buy Wan Bissaka?
That's the tough part :D I'm sure someone would take him on loan with option to buy. He can actually be a very good right back for plenty of premier league sides, it's only the top teams that it's vital to be much better on the ball. He really isn't that bad where he shouldn't be able to get a decent side after him. Anyway, if we don't sell him then we shouldn't bring someone else in.

Dominos

As backup for Dalot why not when we sell Wan Bissaka
I'm amazed that so many people on here now seem to be happy with Dalot as our first choice right back. I assume purely because of a decent pre-season. He's shown us nothing in 5 years to suggest he's first team quality.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm amazed that so many people on here now seem to be happy with Dalot as our first choice right back. I assume purely because of a decent pre-season. He's shown us nothing in 5 years to suggest he's first team quality.
He's only 24, has shown some good qualities, and has the raw attributes... And there are bigger fish to fry, essentially. And there is no clear choice. We desperately need better wing depth than Elanga, and Frenkie is the dream midfielder. Dalot has potential, it's worth seeing what he can do for Ten Hag and revisiting next summer if needed.

Lights Out

If he isn’t good enough by the time he’s 24 then he never will be.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’d be coming here to start but this wouldn’t be my idea of a good signing. I don’t think he looks special, about the same as Dalot who still has undeveloped potential. I’d rather keep Laird unless a good club is going to give him first team football. It’s probably just a poor link but surely everyone is rolling their eyes at all the Ajax links at this stage? I keep having nightmares about the recent Dutch invasions at Barca and the waste. Their best years and ours came with a world class youth core. ETH looks like a top manager in the making, I’m hoping he can develop what we have here into something unique and not just mimic Ajax for a few years before we move on to the next thing.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Bad idea. Had a decent season at Ajax when Mazraoui was out injured. Never had that second season confirming his potential. Ajax sold him off when Mazraoui was back, I think cause EtH simply knew Mazraoui was a lot better. Dest looked poor in most of his Barcelona matches as well. That's why I don't believe EtH would buy him. He let Ajax sell him quite easily and he hasn't really proven himself afterwards. The more I've seen of him at Barca, the more I've come to the conclusion that he's been a one season wonder. United should stay away in my opinion, but given the source I'd say this is very likely bullshit anyways.

3KDré

Honestly I don't get the hate. He's defensively improved a lot in the last year, he doesn't lose the ball much, his touch and passing is good. He's not amazing by any means but he is very solid.

Scholsey2004

There goes Erik looking at his Ajax guys again! :p not serious

Isn’t he pretty decent? Also didn’t one of the press allude to a while back that they may be other players involved between us and Barcelona beyond FDJ?
Technically he's very good in terms of possession and dribbling. He'd be a very good foil for Sancho. He's nothing special at either end of the pitch but if the intention is to play a heavy possession style then he'd be ideal. He's still very young as well. With him and Malacia we'd be set in the full back spots for a decade, at least in theory.

Marcus

Technically he's very good in terms of possession and dribbling. He'd be a very good foil for Sancho. He's nothing special at either end of the pitch but if the intention is to play a heavy possession style then he'd be ideal. He's still very young as well. With him and Malacia we'd be set in the full back spots for a decade, at least in theory.
The last time I thought this, it was the time of Da Silva brothers. Sadly did not pan out.

Tallis

He has some skills - I can see why someone may want to take him on as a project. But not sure if we’re the right club for him at this time.

Aeryis

Yes Dalot is shit, so is AWB, but that doesn't mean you should replace him with another shit player. Think about it, Barcelona hasn't had a quality RB in years and this guy still isn't good enough. They would rather play CBs like Mingueza and Araujo than play Dest there. Why are some of you okay with him coming here? He's shit.

danamann

Just go and spend big on Hakimi. Him and Sancho have already proven they work great together and from what goes around in the media he is not 100% settled at PSG

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

joedirt87

if this is how we have to pay for frenkie's deferred wages so be it, otherwise find someone else thats cheap.

hescoresgoals1899

Did not play a minute for Ajax the season you reached the semi against Spurs?!
I believed i made reference to the golden year they made the semi. Dest made his debut in July 2019 (I was there with my son taking him to the Ajax arena for 1st time which is why I remember). Dest played about 25 games 2019-20 season.

Bojan Djordjic

He's a combination of Dalot's defending and AWB's attacking
To be honest, he looks pretty good technically and his metrics are well above average in terms of ball retention, progression and goal contributions. Haven't seen very much of him but the numbers seem to disagree with the common narratives. He's only 21 too.

Abraxas

I would think signing a "Dalot backup" is a bad idea. I don't think Dalot has yet performed at a level where we can say we just need someone to push him along. Far from it. We need someone that will either take the spot or is a genuine competition for the spot. And not in a Telles is competition for Shaw type of way, they have to actually be good. Whether this guy is it, I've no idea.

Aeryis

To be honest, he looks pretty good technically and his metrics are well above average in terms of ball retention, progression and goal contributions. Haven't seen very much of him but the numbers seem to disagree with the common narratives. He's only 21 too.
Yes, his technique is actually quite good. Holds the ball well, good dribbler, and certainly has the technique to be a great passer. The issue is my friend, he just doesn't have the brain for it. That's his issue. Despite how good his technique is, he's still useless.

You shouldn't suggest mediocre or worse players with the intention of "improving" them. Leave that to Dortmund or Salzburg, because if it doesn't work you just end up with deadwood. And we already have plenty of those in our squad.

We already have AWB and Dalot, the next addition to RB should be verifiable quality player that's ready to provide quality performances the moment he's signed for the team.

Amsterdam Devil

Dest is not very good. Nobody at Ajax was sorry that he left for Barcelona, earned some millions for an average player who wasn’t even a regular in the team because they had Mazraoui.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
I am surprised by the opposition to Dest, given that it is difficult to think of another RB who is remotely close to his level that we could realistically buy now that Mukiele and Mazraoui are off the market, and the only other option, Malo Gusto, is likely to cost an absolute bomb and is also unlikely to want to leave a few weeks before the World Cup. I believe Dalot and Laird could be good squad options, but they are both chronically affected with muscle injuries. In short, acquiring Dest is a no-brainer if he is willing to move to OT.

allesreiniger

Supports
ajax
He's quite good
And quite a bad teamplayer. I never saw Tadic shout at a youngster on the pitch, but Dest managed to get him that far. Bit like Noa Lang (although the latter is the king of arrogance). Noa could step in the room first time, introduce himself to Ronaldo and ask him which position he plays.

allesreiniger

Supports
ajax
I am surprised by the opposition to Dest, given that it is difficult to think of another RB who is remotely close to his level that we could realistically buy now that Mukiele and Mazraoui are off the market, and the only other option, Malo Gusto, is likely to cost an absolute bomb and is also unlikely to want to leave a few weeks before the World Cup. I believe Dalot and Laird could be good squad options, but they are both chronically affected with muscle injuries. In short, acquiring Dest is a no-brainer if he is willing to move to OT.
Man Utd shouldn’t want Mazraoui! He is most certainly not a player for the physical game of Man Utd of which is spoken a lot here. How many argue the cm’s of Martinez here?! And now there would be a desire for a (fr)agile quick RB which overtakes RW multiple times in a game leaving Maguire at RCV?! That’s quite a gamble I’d say!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's USA's 3rd best RB I think. I guess we need a 3rd choice RB if Laird and Williams are off don't we? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.