Sergio Aguero | Performances

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not a very smart thing to do, even though he's quite useless when he doesnt score, he is still the most likely to score and your star player, if they lose, he'll get an unneccesary pressure from the fans and media.
Pep still has at least a year or 2 of fecking up badly before the media and fans turn on him.

Right now he's still the guy who invented football.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Fair enough, although the media turned on van Gaal quite quickly, but he didnt like them ofcourse.
Van Gaal didn't come with the same reputation as Guardiolas.

Right now it's still honeymoon phase with media and can do no wrong. But like Jose who used to be The media darling they'll turn on him if he fecks up over a period of time.

Woodzy

Surely the fans will turn on Pep pretty quickly if Aguero stays dropped (and they aren't playing well, of course)?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Or just maybe he's dropped because of tactical reasons and we know Barca will control the middle unless we have 6 players in there.

buckooo1978

This is really strange.....

If Aguero is fit he plays in 99.999 teams in the world

Barca are possibly the only team who he might be on bench for

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Surely the fans will turn on Pep pretty quickly if Aguero stays dropped (and they aren't playing well, of course)?
Not really.

Pep's statue right now with City fans is as God himself while Aguero is Jesus.

So Pep wins the battle of divinity.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Aguero is brilliant. Benching him is weird. A fall out between him and Guardiola would be great for every other PL team.

Blackwidow

Agüero is not a midfielder - he is just a 9...

After 3 years with Pep I am not surprised...

Chicharito_

Not a crazy decision, Pep knows you have to stop Barca playing from the back especially at home and will need someone with high energy and press up there to make it tough for them, something Aguero would never do. Peps decision is also made easier by the fact he isn't exactly in form.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Find all this funny, its almost like any reason this forum can find to criticise Pep.

The reason is obviously tactical to get another body in midfield and press Barca before the ball reaches MSN. 6 man midfield. Personally I'd rather Kun played as I can't see us stopping Barca anyway.

Zoo

Well he needs to get a result. It's just funny, let's see what they all say if City lose.

Classical Mechanic

Find all this funny, its almost like any reason this forum can find to criticise Pep.

The reason is obviously tactical to get another body in midfield and press Barca before the ball reaches MSN. 6 man midfield. Personally I'd rather Kun played as I can't see us stopping Barca anyway.
It isn't hard to find a reason to criticise the Spanish Duncan Castles now is it.

saivet

Didn't Pep play some bat shit crazy formation at the Nou Camp when he was Bayern manager, and they got stuffed?

Enigma_87

You know who
If Barca stuff them it means they would still have gotten stuffed even with Wayne.
you don't bench your best players in one of the biggest games of the season. Makes no sense.

Didn't Pep play some bat shit crazy formation at the Nou Camp when he was Bayern manager, and they got stuffed?

His teams at Bayern were always underwhelming away in CL.

Walters_19_MuFc

Aguero is a very good player, but his general play is lacking for me. He loses the ball very cheaply, at times. I can see why Pep has left him out.

Brophs

The One and Only
Perhaps he's forgotten this match can't go to penalties?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not a crazy decision, Pep knows you have to stop Barca playing from the back especially at home and will need someone with high energy and press up there to make it tough for them, something Aguero would never do. Peps decision is also made easier by the fact he isn't exactly in form.
Five goals in five PL starts. Wish our players would fail to find form like that.

AndyJ1985

I like how Guardiola isn't afraid to do what's right for the team, even if it means dropping or getting rid of good players. That's the right way to manage - doing what's best for the team, and not individuals. It's also what made Ferguson so successful.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Guardiola hinted in the first few weeks of the season that, he wanted more running from Aguero.
The guy gives no fecks. Love that about him.