Sergio Aguero | Performances

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He's hands down the best player in the world at scoring in positions like he did yesterday. When he's in those sort of areas in the box he is lethal at putting shots with pace in at the near post. He's done it past Allison and de Gea this season, and his most famous goal was the same. It made me wonder what other players have niche skills like that. Giroud with his back to goal/scoring with flicks and Nainggolan with his unorthodox heel tackle came to mind.

Roberto420

He's hands down the best player in the world at scoring in positions like he did yesterday. When he's in those sort of areas in the box he is lethal at putting shots with pace in at the near post. He's done it past Allison and de Gea this season, and his most famous goal was the same. It made me wonder what other players have niche skills like that. Giroud with his back to goal/scoring with flicks and Nainggolan with his unorthodox heel tackle came to mind.
Ozil with his bounce it over the keeper finish another one.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
There was a thread about that sometime ago. I think @Pogue Mahone might have started it iirc. Players who have their “unique” little skill.

Sir Scott McToMinay

He’s got the same level of winning mentality as PL all-time greats like Giggs and Lampard.
They’ve been just VAR’d , the whole stadium is shellshocked and he was the first to take the ball , he wanted to resume play and was ready to go and win the game with 2 minutes left.
Will never understand how we didn’t go for him back then.

IFC 1905

La Liga was Clearly Messi + Aguero + Ronaldo back then. Aguero was more entertaining to watch than nowadays where he's still great but more focused on scoring

Mike Smalling

La Liga was Clearly Messi + Aguero + Ronaldo back then. Aguero was more entertaining to watch than nowadays where he's still great but more focused on scoring
Great video and what a player!

Atletico's run of acquiring and developing quality forwards is quite ridiculous. Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Costa, Villa, Falcao, Griezmann. Wish we could do half as well on that front.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great video and what a player!

Atletico's run of acquiring and developing quality forwards is quite ridiculous. Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Costa, Villa, Falcao, Griezmann. Wish we could do half as well on that front.
Mandzukic did alright for a season aswell.

Skills

Snitch

He was always a class act and City got a bargain for what they paid. Our shortsightedness is quite annoying when you think about it.

Aguero in Summer 2011 moves for £40m to Man City. Fergie then decides he needs a striker the following season, and we spend £22m on Van Persie who we need to replace in a couple of seasons. Had we have gotten Aguero then, that would've been our striker for the next 10 years.

Tostao_80

Has he not scored in any big game this season? Ridiculous finish for the goal.:houllier:
His penalty miss arguably cost his team a place in the semis. Im in the camp of great but could have been greater. Not as great as Titi Henry in the PL but deffo one of the best. Very underwhelming at the international level.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
To be fair Aguero is a 'stocky' player when at peak fitness so some images probably look worse than others.

Ibi Dreams

I feel like I've seen a handful of these "player comes back after holiday looking fat" things this summer and none of them have been true

padr81

Supports
Man City
He looked heavy in the training video I seen. Doesn’t look as bad there in a photograph in fairness. Maybe it’s the ugly purple jersey that made him look bigger.
Always comes back heavy and quickly gets in shpe, one of those players who'll be fat about a year after retiring for sure.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
It's been eight years today since Aguero made his debut for City. He's scored 165 Premier League goals at a rate of a goal every 108 minutes since then, putting him top of that statistic. Phenominal player, frightening goalscorer.

432JuanMata

What is the most goals for a PL side ? Also PL goals ? As Shearer got his for Blackburn and Newcastle. I presume Aguero will end up the highest goal scorer in the PL for 1 club, as he has 172 league goals and 239 overall.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
What is the most goals for a PL side ? Also PL goals ? As Shearer got his for Blackburn and Newcastle. I presume Aguero will end up the highest goal scorer in the PL for 1 club, as he has 172 league goals and 239 overall.
For just one club and only in the premier league...
Rooney for United - 183
Henry for Arsenal - 175
Aguero for City - 172
Shearer for Newcastle - 148
Lampard for Chelsea - 147

432JuanMata

For just one club and only in the premier league...
Rooney for United - 183
Henry for Arsenal - 175
Aguero for City - 172
Shearer for Newcastle - 148
Lampard for Chelsea - 147
Thought he was close so it’s guaranteed he will end up top.

One of the best players to play in the PL

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He looked heavy in the training video I seen. Doesn’t look as bad there in a photograph in fairness. Maybe it’s the ugly purple jersey that made him look bigger.
Definitely the kit. Otamendi looks like he's carrying a gut in that, and he won't be.