Sergio Aguero | Performances

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's really weird how people try to brush this off saying it's only a big deal because its a woman . The rule is you do not put your hands on an official. Where is the gender in that ?

He yelled into the officials face despite knowing he clearly put the ball out of play himself then grabbed the official in anger . He deserves to be punished end of story.
The ball was out of play when it hit him, he didn't yell in anyones face and yes he put his hands on an official in a non-aggressive way. Yellow card clear as day.

chiz2kul

It’s a power thing. He wouldn’t of done it to a man. Basically proves everything women have been complaining about in the workplace forever.

women are still not considered at the same level as men and simple actions like this are so so demeaning.

Siam Massey turned up today to do her fecking job.

imagine this was a girl in the post office doing her job
Imagine this was a checkout girl in tesco
Imagine this was a girl Serving drinks in a bar
Imagine this was any girl who you ever offered to buy a drink to who said no and you just grabbed her
imagine she is a sales rep forced to put up with creeps touching her all day

it is demeaning. I imagine most people here are male as am I, but this shit is endemic in our society and it is accepted no matter what bullshit spin people put on it. It is not acceptable.

To those who say she said “it’s ok”, women in the workplace constantly put up with this bullshit for fear of retribution. They continuously internalize things like this because they are afraid of the backlash. Imagine is Aguero gets banned and the abuse she would have to put up with next time she officiates a game at etihad.

What I saw here was a powerful male trying to excert dominance over someone he viewed as inferior. He fought back because he felt like there will be no retribution. He took his actions because he was not the one with the power in this case, it was Sian Massey, and he couldn’t handle that.

aguero is a fecking scumbag, intimidating creep. feck that guy, and feck anyone who thinks what he did is ok.
Cant tell if the white knighting is in jest or you're being serious. Your entire approach is an extreme reach.

People will take offense at every little thing, good lord. Yes he shouldn't have touched an official, by the letter of the law should be a yellow card. End of story.

IMHO calling him a "fecking scumbag, intimidating creep" because of this non-incident says more about you than him.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
It's really weird how people try to brush this off saying it's only a big deal because its a woman . The rule is you do not put your hands on an official. Where is the gender in that ?

He yelled into the officials face despite knowing he clearly put the ball out of play himself then grabbed the official in anger . He deserves to be punished end of story.
Didn’t see him doing any yelling into any faces to be honest.

Pep's Suit

So City still didn't call him about contract extension and he's now ready to talk to other clubs (rumored to be one of Poch's top targets). Even when he was available recently Pep hardly gave him any minutes (5 vs Chelsea, 0 vs United) so looks like this is the end.

tomaldinho1

So City still didn't call him about contract extension and he's now ready to talk to other clubs (rumored to be one of Poch's top targets). Even when he was available recently Pep hardly gave him any minutes (5 vs Chelsea, 0 vs United) so looks like this is the end.
Reckon he and Messi will go Inter Miami together.

Pep's Suit

Reckon he and Messi will go Inter Miami together.
How much can a MLS team pay them anyway? $6-7m to Messi and $2-3m to Aguero? Honestly I think both will stay in Europe for another 2 seasons but could be wrong, of course.

tomaldinho1

How much can a MLS team pay them anyway? $6-7m to Messi and $2-3m to Aguero? Honestly I think both will stay in Europe for another 2 seasons but could be wrong, of course.
Would imagine, particularly in Messi’s case, it wouldn’t be about salary but being a part of the growth of the club economically. I’m sure Masa Son could find a way to make it an insanely worthwhile move for him, particularly with how popular the club is with Latin America already being based in Miami.

Pep's Suit

Free agent, I can see a lot of clubs interested in Aguero on a 2+1 year contract. PSG, Barca, maybe Atleti again, most of top italian teams.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn’t he want to go back to Argentina?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Time for Woody to offer him a cheeky one year deal as a stop-gap for Haaland 2022.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wonder who City will replace him with? They certainly took their time replacing Kompany and arguably haven't replaced Silva

Pep's Suit

Didn’t he want to go back to Argentina?
He did but Independiente struggle financially so much that I doubt he will go there in near future. Maybe one season when he's 35-36? Maybe.

Bojan11

I can’t believe he last scored a Prem goal nearly a year ago.

I know he’s been injured, but he usually just starts scoring whenever he returns.

Stacks

Free agent, I can see a lot of clubs interested in Aguero on a 2+1 year contract. PSG, Barca, maybe Atleti again, most of top italian teams.
Always had love for Kun. Would rather he go somewhere a bit easier and just smash in loads of goals so he doesn't look like a jaded great. Maybe Italy or PSG would be great.
Wonder who City will replace him with? They certainly took their time replacing Kompany and arguably haven't replaced Silva
Haaland, Neymar or Mbappe. Mbappe and Neymar have contract expiry soon.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Kun, Messi, Neymar and Mbappe with Di Maria all turning out for PSG next season would be insane. The famous WM formation and away they go.

-Neymar-----------------Kun-----------------Mbappe-
-----------------Di Maria--------Messi--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------Verratti----------Danilo-------------------
Bernat--------------Marquinhos------------Florenzi
----------------------------Navas-------------------------------

Would have been a much scarier team in 2018 but whatever.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Kun, Messi, Neymar and Mbappe with Di Maria all turning out for PSG next season would be insane. The famous WM formation and away they go.

FIFA wise - exciting as feck and being hit on the break against that, it’s almost guaranteed goals.
But bar Di Maria, ain’t no one else tracking back there. I don’t trust that defence. Also, Veratti is always a liability in cagey matches.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was going to say Man. City would surely want one of their big hitters in return but forgot he's out of contract.

PSG will probably send them Icardi in return anyway as that sort of pure finisher would probably be decent signing for Man. City if they also signed another striker who can press much more.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral

Feel like Aguero is due a Higuain big decline (if hes not in it already)

432JuanMata

On a free it’s a no brainier. The guy is a walking injury but he is lethal when fit. If he moves on and out of the PL he is one of the best I’ve ever seen in the league.

Questions does he have the most league goals for 1 club in the league ? Also I wonder what his minutes per goal is ?
If he goes to PSG and is fit Neymar, Mbappe and Aguero be scary I feel PSG are missing a top striker to go with the 2 guys

GlasgowCeltic

Can remember watching him at Atletico and thinking he was a potential great of the game, has he lived up to that?

432JuanMata

Can remember watching him at Atletico and thinking he was a potential great of the game, has he lived up to that?
He’s the 4th top scorer in PL history with all the injuries of course he did. He also did it in big games, I hated him over that AGUERO moment and that he played for City but what a player

Yes. Unfortunately.

I really should dislike him, but he’s such a good player, that’s really difficult.

one of the PL’sbest ever players - somewhere in the top 20.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He’s a bit of a tool but he’s been a Premier League great without doubt.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Its worthy of discussion, only ever finished top scorer in the PL once, only been named in the PFA team of the year twice, not sure he's ever going to be remembered the same as the likes of Henry or Shearer and I'm sure many expected him eventually to go to a Real Madrid or Barcelona. Never done it at International level either (not that any of the current gen of Argies have either)

WC player that will probably be overlooked due to the above

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
In Premier League terms he’s as good a pure centre forward as the league has had. In time I imagine he’ll be interchangeable with Shearer for the no9 shirt in most people’s post-92 PL XIs.

Pep's Suit

Its worthy of discussion, only ever finished top scorer in the PL once, only been named in the PFA team of the year twice, not sure he's ever going to be remembered the same as the likes of Henry or Shearer and I'm sure many expected him eventually to go to a Real Madrid or Barcelona. Never done it at International level either (not that any of the current gen of Argies have either)

Argentina's 3rd best top-scorer of all-time. And that country produced 3 of 5 or 6 greatest players of all-time. I think that's quite decent.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

You are underselling Aguero here, and you know it.

RooneyLegend

To be fair if he went to PSG be best. See if he still has it at top level and the league is even weaker so he be fine there
He'll struggle to start for them since they have Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria. He'd start for any of the Italian big teams(maybe not inter) and the way teams play their in terms of pace of the game will suit him down to a T.

432JuanMata

He'll struggle to start for them since they have Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria. He'd start for any of the Italian big teams(maybe not inter) and the way teams play their in terms of pace of the game will suit him down to a T.
He’d start as the main striker with Mbappe and Neymar on the wings no doubt. I forgot to write CL in the original post, it’s a no brainier for both if he still has it that front 3 in the CL be lethal if not he will still do the business in the league for them for a while

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Aguero being off form or not fit is probably the only reason I can find that can help us to finish above City and give us chance for the league title. I’m sure glad this season he hasn’t shown the same as what he is supposed to be. One of the best striker in PL. I feel bad that he never win CL or World Cup in his career. Although, I heard he is lazy in training, not surprising why Pep isn’t even thinking to give him minutes in PL recently. If you can’t perform top level anymore and lazy in training, manager has no reason to give you playing minutes.

Judas

Open to offers
Loved him since his Atletico days. I was crushed when City signed him and never thought he'd stay there as long as he has, I'll be relieved to finally see him move on. Comfortably one of the very best strikers to play in the PL, and its scary what he'd achieved with just half the injuries he's gone through.

Jaxa

He's certainly a PL legend, not sure about great of the game, I feel he probably needed to win the UCL at least once to be considered amongst that and that looks slim now, certainly at City, if he moved to Barca or Madrid 3-4 years ago however I feel his reputation would have been much higher and would have won a lot more in Europe.

dablem_10

He's certainly a PL legend, not sure about great of the game, I feel he probably needed to win the UCL at least once to be considered amongst that and that looks slim now, certainly at City, if he moved to Barca or Madrid 3-4 years ago however I feel his reputation would have been much higher and would have won a lot more in Europe.
Ronaldo, Zlatan, Buffon or Cannavaro didnt win it either, arent they greats of the game?

Jaxa

Ronaldo, Zlatan, Buffon or Cannavaro didnt win it either, arent they greats of the game?
WTF ? Terrible comparison :lol: , it was a mere example but i'll bite, lets start, Ronaldo ,Buffon and Cannavaro all won the world cup to start with, so theres that, they were also at one point in their career the best in there position, next is they all played and won titles for massive european giants which granted it's not really fair to compare that as a negative towards Aguero but it's a point regardless, I won't even start with comparing Aguero to Zlatan, instead go to Zlatan's Wiki and view his honours,

Aguero is a fantastic player, but he needed to move to a bigger club and win titles there to be known as a great, it's as simple as that.

In 10 Years time most will not remember him outside the PL but the list you mentioned will all still be spoken about across europe.