Sergio Aguero | Performances

padr81

Supports
Man City
Out of the squad again today after training the last 2 days and Pep saying he would play if fit. Not looking good for Sergio, I'm starting to think a very early retirement could be incoming. Hope not but he's barely kick a ball in a year, hasn't been able to find full fitness and keeps breaking down.

Pep's Suit

Out of the squad again today after training the last 2 days and Pep saying he would play if fit. Not looking good for Sergio, I'm starting to think a very early retirement could be incoming. Hope not but he's barely kick a ball in a year, hasn't been able to find full fitness and keeps breaking down.
He's in quarantine, someone close to him tested positive.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
So much debate in here over whether he's going to be considered a great of the game or "just" a Premier League legend. Ha, only on a United forum. It's splitting hairs for no reason. He's one of the greatest strikers in the English game, the best striker City have ever had, and the scorer of the most famous goal in Premier League history. If the argument has come down to whether he's the greatest ever or "just" the 3rd/4th greatest then I'd say he's done pretty well for himself, yeah? Probably could have added a Champions League or a World Cup to his trophy collection to really hammer home his quality, but if a player has to win specific trophies and awards for their quality to be recognised then I'd say that shows a real lack of appreciation for their individual ability. One of the biggest travesties of the modern game is that Ruud Van Nistelrooy never reached 100 PL goals, because he's perhaps the greatest poacher I've ever seen but will never be "in the conversation" for best striker simply because he wasn't around long enough. Let's not do the same to Aguero just because he plays in blue, eh lads?

So much debate in here over whether he's going to be considered a great of the game or "just" a Premier League legend. Ha, only on a United forum. It's splitting hairs for no reason. He's one of the greatest strikers in the English game, the best striker City have ever had, and the scorer of the most famous goal in Premier League history. If the argument has come down to whether he's the greatest ever or "just" the 3rd/4th greatest then I'd say he's done pretty well for himself, yeah? Probably could have added a Champions League or a World Cup to his trophy collection to really hammer home his quality, but if a player has to win specific trophies and awards for their quality to be recognised then I'd say that shows a real lack of appreciation for their individual ability. One of the biggest travesties of the modern game is that Ruud Van Nistelrooy never reached 100 PL goals, because he's perhaps the greatest poacher I've ever seen but will never be "in the conversation" for best striker simply because he wasn't around long enough. Let's not do the same to Aguero just because he plays in blue, eh lads?
good post mate. RVNs trophy cabinet is very sparse compared to other players we have had in the first 25 years of the PL at United.

If it was all about trophies, then David May would be a great player...

Sparky Rhiwabon

When you do that with footballers, like he did against Chelsea, and when you do things like that about a man like Edouard Mendy. I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimation when he did that. We have not resorted to that, but I'll tell you, you can tell him now if you're watching it, we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Newcastle and get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

miked99

Will be funny if its a statue of him trying the panenka.
It was the way the keeper just stood there with one palm outstretched, patiently waiting for the ball for arrive that got me :lol:

"I'll just check me Whatsapp while I'm waiting....."

Andersons Dietician

As a United fan, I really didn’t want city to win but as a football romantic I really wanted Aguero to come on and win it. Feel sorry for him. Feck city though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Next season you'll have some asking why he isn't playing :lol:

Great player, terrible season (not his fault due to injury), but anyone could see he wouldn't have done nothing if he started on the pitch.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Happy to say he's been a great player. Also happy to say I'm absolutely delighted he hasn't won the champions league at City.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I dont. Sold his soul to stay there, could have left to great teams at any time.

You get what you fecking deserve.
Did he sell his soul? He won like a dozen trophies there, became arguably their greatest ever player and has written himself into the premier league history books.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I reckon he plays about 20 games for Barcelona before being binned.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Did he sell his soul? He won like a dozen trophies there, became arguably their greatest ever player and has written himself into the premier league history books.
He won a dozen trophies while City Owners financially doped the feck out of the premier league in the hope that maybe they'd win a european cup.

While obviously taking a shit tonne of money in the process. He could have left five years ago to any top club and probably have 1 or 2 CL medals by now. He's no different to Mbappe or Neymar.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As a United fan, I really didn’t want city to win but as a football romantic I really wanted Aguero to come on and win it. Feel sorry for him. Feck city though.
Wtf ? Romanticism for a City player. As far as I'm concerned they can all feck off. This guy destroyed millions of Utd fans in a split second and even if he was a great player who did his job, there is no way you should have found some space in your heart for him

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wtf ? Romanticism for a City player. As far as I'm concerned they can all feck off. This guy destroyed millions of Utd fans in a split second and even if he was a great player who did his job, there is no way you should have found some space in your heart for him
Exactly! I just don't understand this new mentality with the modern fan these days, maybe I'm getting too old now! Romanticising over players from rival teams, Jesus wept. I bet these same fans would've wanted poor ol Stevie me to lift a PL trophy because they felt he deserved one :rolleyes:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Barcelona releasing Suarez on a free only to sign Aguero on a free a year later will never not be weird.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’ve always though it would be so much more difficult to pull off an Aguero moment when the other team isn’t kicking the ball back to you and their fans aren’t cheering you on to score.

Forever in Ole’s shadow.