Sergio Aguero | Performances

izec

Depending on how long he stays, he could catch Wayne with 208 quite comfortably. He plays in a great side, so plenty of chances will get provided and he seems to still score for fun. His biggest issues were his injuries

If he scores another 10 this season, he catches Andy Cole

padr81

Supports
Man City
Depending on how long he stays, he could catch Wayne with 208 quite comfortably. He plays in a great side, so plenty of chances will get provided and he seems to still score for fun. His biggest issues were his injuries

If he scores another 10 this season, he catches Andy Cole
He has a sniff but has to stay fit. Its likely he'll get to the till the end of next season. If that enough time to catch Rooney, I'm not sure given the amount of games he misses.

Pep's Suit

Yeah, surgery this week and Aguero's hoping he can be back for CL but who knows.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Devils advocate to say I've never seen him do that to a male referee or linesman?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
From 2016:

Physical contact with match officials
  • A yellow card for physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner (e.g. an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention).
  • A red card for physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/65240

Unless the rules have changed since that should be a red card for Aguero.

Devil81

Said at the time he did that he will get in trouble for putting his hands on her neck area.

He's clearly done it without thinking in fairness but it will be highlighted.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So a yellow card. Because it wasn't the least bit aggressive
The example they use for a non-aggressive yellow there is "an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention". So by that standard if he had merely touched her to apologise for having initially been confrontational, that would have been enough for a yellow. As it was it didn't seem to be an apologetic gesture at all given it was accompanied by a reproachful look. Having come directly after him literally confronting her, he's very lucky if that touch wasn't also seen as being done in "a confrontational manner".

But whatever. Either way, he shouldn't have done it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The example they use for a non-aggressive yellow there is "an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention". So by that standard if he had merely touched her to apologise for having initially been confrontational, that would have been enough for a yellow. As it was it didn't seem to be an apologetic gesture at all given it was accompanied by a reproachful look. Having come directly after him literally confronting her, he's very lucky if that touch wasn't also seen as being done in "a confrontational manner".
It was clear as day it had no aggression. Nor did the lino even react, just dismissed him and moved on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It was clear as day it had no aggression. Nor did the lino even react, just dismissed him and moved on.
There doesn't have to be "aggression" in it, it just has to be confrontational. It certainly wasn't an apologetic gesture given the "what the feck?" look on his face, so I'm not sure what positive intent could possibly have been behind it that wasn't at least somewhat confrontational.

Regardless, he shouldn't have done it and he'll rightly be criticised.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
And he was apparently scared about coming back to play post lockdown.

padr81

Supports
Man City
There doesn't have to be "aggression" in it, it just has to be confrontational. It certainly wasn't an apologetic gesture given the "what the feck?" look on his face, so I'm not sure what positive intent could possibly have been behind it that wasn't at least somewhat confrontational.

Regardless, he shouldn't have done it and he'll rightly be criticised.
Agreed on bolded.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I kinda think that's a whole load of nothing... But what do I know.

Wish he'd done it to Big Mike Dean though... Just for the "Did you just touch ME reaction" (before telling him to go away)

Glad it’s been highlighted on MOTD and also reported in some of the papers tomorrow.

nothing personal against Aguero, but it’s unacceptable.

Tel074

Anyone calling for Aguero to be banned for that needs to get a life ..He put his hand on the shoulder of an official it wasn't in the slightest little bit aggressive and it's only a issue cause it's a female. It's absolutely pathetic and shows what football has become when clowns are even thinking he should be punished

cyberman

Anyone calling for Aguero to be banned for that needs to get a life ..He put his hand on the shoulder of an official it wasn't in the slightest little bit aggressive and it's only a issue cause it's a female. It's absolutely pathetic and shows what football has become when clowns are even thinking he should be punished
Has he done it to a male linesman? She has to push him away for feck sake

lsd

The Oracle

It's nothing at all to do with it being a female official weird you think it is .

You pull back an official like that and you should get punished for it end of story .

its against the rules to put your hands on an official. He was being aggressive beforehand, and it was a condescending neck grab.

I’m not saying he necessarily should be banned, but it’s not good on lots of levels.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Looks like he is thinking with his knob right there and not his strikers instinct, well it might be the same thing for all we know.