Sergio Aguero | Performances

Sweet Square

It felt a bit strange watching the replay but look, he wasn't doing it in an aggressive way. Those saying he did I think are over reacting. He did it in a more sincere way, people from those parts of the world act this way sometimes. I would definitely say in his eyes he did it as a way of being kind to her.
Wait what!?

:lol:

Meep

Saw it live and thought what the feck is he doing.. Definately deserved a yellow at least. Says so much.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He didn't grab her neck. He put his hand on her shoulder, she dismissively gestured him to go away. He did. End of story.
Go to your office on monday and start putting your hands on womens neck, and try explaining its not harassment somehow

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He didn't grab her neck. He put his hand on her shoulder, she dismissively gestured him to go away. He did. End of story.
He does indeed put his hands on her shoulder, but he also uses it to keep her back as she goes to move away. Yellow/red should be the argument here, because he's clearly doing something he shouldn't be

Red_toad

So putting your hand on someone during a football match is now harassment?
Another player does that to him and he's on the floor rolling around and holding his face. Football has evolved to prevent players from mobbing the referees, it's a slippery slope if he's allowed to get away with it.

Untd55

I can't believe people are taking this so seriously. It was nothing.

If he had dragged her back with force, I would understand it, but he literally rested his hand on her shoulder.

SER19

I imagine, and of course could be wrong, that Sian Massey is the last person that wanted millions of saviours marching out saying things like 'disgusting' 'harassment' and suggesting some sort of gender dominance at play. This literally happens often. It shouldn't of course and of course he's wrong, but she doesn't need extra help because she's a woman. She dealt with it herself.

SER19

Go to your office on monday and start putting your hands on womens neck, and try explaining its not harassment somehow
Not only is the example not at all the same but read what you wrote.

'Hands', Aguero used one hand.
'women's' it was one woman.
'Neck' it was her shoulder and at best a fragment of the back of her neck.

When you're deliberately conflating things to make such an extreme comparative example (a man double handling women's necks in an office), you must know deep down that you're at least partially wrong.

ShinjiNinja26

This wouldn’t even be getting a mention if the official in question was a man. And yes I know you shouldn’t lay a hand on officials but in the heat of the moment it happens. There’s been countless examples of this happening over the years but I don’t remember them blowing up like this.

SER19

This wouldn’t even be getting a mention if the official in question was a man. And yes I know you shouldn’t lay a hand on officials but in the heat of the moment it happens. There’s been countless examples of this happening over the years but I don’t remember them blowing up like this.
There are plenty of pictures online not just of players touching male officials, but Aguero himself touching male officials. I heard or saw nothing about any of them until now. But I've seen this described as disgraceful, disgusting, gender dominance, borderline sexual harassment, patronising and even one person say he was screaming in her face without a mask.

The cherry picking of outrage police is mind boggling. And I say this saying Aguero is wrong and handling an official should be a card as di Maria learned while here. But I'm sure Massey is glad that people have decided to present her as a victim to the entire world for something she barely blinked at and seemed in total control of for the full 1.5 seconds it lasted

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
This is being blown so far out of proportion. Nothing will happen, nothing should happen.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I imagine, and of course could be wrong, that Sian Massey is the last person that wanted millions of saviours marching out saying things like 'disgusting' 'harassment' and suggesting some sort of gender dominance at play. This literally happens often. It shouldn't of course and of course he's wrong, but she doesn't need extra help because she's a woman. She dealt with it herself.
This guy gets it. Should have been simple, Aguero should have got a yellow and the world should have avoided a meltdown (as should have happened had he did it with a male)

padr81

Supports
Man City
What I need to know is , is it harassment if he did it to a male? What kind of harassment? Where'd he put his hand on her neck?

LVGSdive

Do people have nothing better to do than be outraged over absolutely nothing these day's?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Do people have nothing better to do than be outraged over absolutely nothing these day's?
Of course dude, we live in the internet age, where people get abused out of jobs etc.. for having different views.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I say burn him, put up a statue of him and then we tear it down

padr81

Supports
Man City
The point is, contact between players and refs isn't uncommon.
Oh I know, I'm in the camp that Aguero did feck all wrong, but under the rules what he did is a yellow card.

SinNombre

It would be a nothingburger if it was a male linesman. As is, the media will ensure he gets a ban since it wasn't.

Also, Martial got sent off and a 3-game suspension for very little, though Lamela being a cnut played a big role as well.

lsd

The Oracle
I mean people get carded for exactly what you just said. But apparently don't in this instance

It's really weird how people try to brush this off saying it's only a big deal because its a woman . The rule is you do not put your hands on an official. Where is the gender in that ?

He yelled into the officials face despite knowing he clearly put the ball out of play himself then grabbed the official in anger . He deserves to be punished end of story.