Sergio Aguero to retire

TsuWave

I don't feel bad whatsoever. In fact, the opposite. Aguero is incredibly fortunate and blessed to be calling his own retirement like this after incredible successes. There are all too many cardiac incidents and premature deaths in football and our communities in general.
People being in worse situations doesn’t make his less valid. It’s sad for him to find out he has cardiac issues and forced to retire for it, regardless of whatever he has achieved. Thus, “sad”/“shame”, regardless if others have not been so “fortunate”

432JuanMata

Gave me the most heartbreaking moment as a United fan and hated the fact he played for city but what a player. If he wasn’t injured all the time he would had a chance at Shearer record.
Rated him at Athletico but never thought he would be that great but he really was

Jericho

We won two more titles after signing that lot. I’m pretty sure it was Fergie’s retirement that was the start of Uniteds decline.

Noc-Z

ffs
Valencia was great.

Not really accurate either as we won more titles and brought it plenty of class.
I don't agree with that. He was terribly one-footed and just ran himself straight into dead-ends. That's my memory of him - maybe he was good in parts, but not great.

Noc-Z

ffs
Your memory thankfully doesn't tell the full story.
Of course not, it wasn't intended to - I know he done an awful lot of good for us. I just wouldn't put Valencia in the "great" category as I would Giggs and Keane (for example). He had some pretty significant limitations, so I can't say he was great - just my opinion. It's not a massive disrespect - you can only dish out "great" to so many. Valencia was good - he played with some great players.

But with regards to Aguero - there's a great, and I feel it's a shame he didn't retire at City - seems more fitting but obviously no one knew what was ahead.

How long have you been suffering with amnesia?
You don't agree he was one-footed? I'd say Rooney was great. But if I say that I'd have to say Valencia wasn't.

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course not, it wasn't intended to - I know he done an awful lot of good for us. I just wouldn't put Valencia in the "great" category as I would Giggs and Keane (for example). He had some pretty significant limitations, so I can't say he was great - just my opinion. It's not a massive disrespect - you can only dish out "great" to so many. Valencia was good - he played with some great players.

But with regards to Aguero - there's a great, and I feel it's a shame he didn't retire at City - seems more fitting but obviously no one knew what was ahead.

You don't agree he was one-footed? I'd say Rooney was great. But if I say that I'd have to say Valencia wasn't.
I feel you're taking the word great too literally.

He was a good signing and great value. I don't class him as a flop as the poster suggested.

Noc-Z

ffs
I feel you're taking the word great too literally.

He was a good signing and great value. I don't class him as a flop as the poster suggested.
Ah OK, yes probably I have. If the poster was suggesting "flop" - then no way. He was a good signing. If we had the opportunity to sign Silva and Aguero as he was suggesting, then of course they're preferable - both great players. But you're right to defend Valencia, doesn't mean he flopped because he's not Silva and Aguero. Valencia just frustrated me a lot. And it was from day 1. My friends would attest to that, I complained about the one-footedness and running into cul-de-sacs all the time! Maybe I was harsh - but we all have things we look for and things that annoy us in players. But of course, I completely appreciated and celebrated all the excellent things he did do.

Tarrou

top top player

33 isn't a bad age to make it to considering he was a pacy striker prone to muscle injuries

shame the final part was at this barca shit-show though

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
It was thanks to Aguero that I first won money betting against Blackburn.

Ahead of the City-Blackburn game in 2011/2012, when we didn’t have a single shot on or off target until we shot straight at Joe Hart in injury time, there were odds of 4/1 on Aguero who was enjoying a successful first season in England to score at any time.

It would have been rude not to accept the bookies’ generosity there. Winning a decent amount of money there more than made up having to listen to so many City fans in the stadium, talk about how we were the worst visiting team they’d ever seen.

Ted Lasso

People being in worse situations doesn’t make his less valid. It’s sad for him to find out he has cardiac issues and forced to retire for it, regardless of whatever he has achieved. Thus, “sad”/“shame”, regardless if others have not been so “fortunate”
I'm just more of an optimist. Misfortunes come by all of us and I prefer to look at the silver lining.

YzWayne

Don't really like him as he always scores against us, but here wishing him great health then on.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

Ahead of the City-Blackburn game in 2011/2012, when we didn’t have a single shot on or off target until we shot straight at Joe Hart in injury time, there were odds of 4/1 on Aguero who was enjoying a successful first season in England to score at any time.

It would have been rude not to accept the bookies’ generosity there. Winning a decent amount of money there more than made up having to listen to so many City fans in the stadium, talk about how we were the worst visiting team they’d ever seen.
Another consolation: They had to clarify worst visiting team because they'd already spent years watching worse City teams at home.

padr81

Supports
Man City

But we don't have any fans? are you sure they weren't Rovers supporters who just wanted to pretend they were on the winning side?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Yes I know, bumping old thread, not sure if it deserves new one.. Mods, move it if you think it deserves new thread. Thanks.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
At least they've waited for a player to retire before putting up his statue this time

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
All of the statues are objectively awful. They look like shit :lol: