Sergio Ramos / Joins PSG on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Last time we were linked to him we ended up signing Sergio Romero instead.

Guess that means we'll be signing Sergio Reguilon this summer.

croadyman

Would actually have him, Varane & Marquinhos as I my joint dream CB signing but don't think any can happen

Idxomer

Ramos took the whole 'using United to get a new contract' to the extreme.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If that story of him wanting 20m signing on fee and 15m a year wages is true, I dont see a single premier league club paying it

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Given his injury record this season it will be hard for any club offer him a 2 year contract. He is a fitness freak though, but he is 35 year old after all.

thebirminghamred

Would be a fantastic signing if we can get them. Give whatever wages he wants and partner him with HM and we are onto a winner!

Rolaholic

Not sure if I'd want to go back in for him after how him and his brother did the club the last time during contract negotiations but if he's genuinely leaving Madrid as he has, I'd have to kick the tires on him.

Especially with Pep reportedly sniffing around, feel like he could have an even bigger impact than Thiago Silva did at Chelsea last season and I'd hate to see it at Citeh when they already have the best defence in the league.

Obviously would have Varane as my first choice but if he resigns with Real, Ramos and Maguire would be quite the stout partnership at the back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Not sure if I'd want to go back in for him after how him and his brother did the club the last time during contract negotiations but if he's genuinely leaving Madrid as he has, I'd have to kick the tires on him.

Especially with Pep reportedly sniffing around, feel like he could have an even bigger impact than Thiago Silva did at Chelsea last season and I'd hate to see it at Citeh when they already have the best defence in the league.

Obviously would have Varane as my first choice but if he resigns with Real, Ramos and Maguire would be quite the stout partnership at the back.
The club has already briefed that they have no interest in even making contact with him after messing us around in the past.

Pep's Suit

Wonder what offers he's actually received. €20m sign-on bonus sounds like complete nonsense. I think I've only ever read about €5m max mainly because their weekly wages would be insane anyway and someone like Thiago Silva earns €6m while Ramos won't accept less than €12m.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It makes sense signing this guy, would save us a lot of money on a cb and then that money can be used to sign a quality DM. Also I feel like just by adding more leaders it already makes us stronger and makes everyone around them perform much better.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It doesn't make sense. Have you seen his injury record this season?

red thru&thru

Makes more sense for City/PSG. They have the money to burn, need bigger characters to lead them over the line in the CL.

MattofManchester

What's mentality worth when the player with it can hardly play?
Mentality is one of the reasons we can't win in the final stages, and collapse when we're at the top.
Also, injuries could be attributed to players like Thiago Silva and Cavani yet they've been reasonable successes at the clubs they went to.
Sometimes, the player is worth the risk.

If we don't get a proper first choice defender in, then I don't see it as a bad thing to sign him in that instance.

We need more players who don't hide in big games.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is/was a great player but this smells like the Di Maria signing.
I can’t think of any reason/motivation - apart from money - why he would like to come to Manchester after all he has already achieved and won.
I know players like Cavani and Thiago Silva have done well in England, but they didn’t come from RM and their exit wasn’t a year long drama. They also didn’t use the clubs in the past just to get a better deal from RM.
Honestly, I would stay away.

Kaos

PSG already have Kimpembe and Marquinhos though. Who's going to give way for Ramos in their starting lineup? Or is Ramos really going to accept a huge pay packet to sit on the bench in the farmer's league? Similar situation for Citeh - is Guardiola just going to mug Stones off again after his brilliant form during the second half of last season :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
PSG already have Kimpembe and Marquinhos though. Who's going to give way for Ramos in their starting lineup? Or is Ramos really going to accept a huge pay packet to sit on the bench in the farmer's league? Similar situation for Citeh - is Guardiola just going to mug Stones off again after his brilliant form during the second half of last season :lol:
3 at the back Aurier/Hakimi at WB or Marquinhos into DM.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is/was a great player but this smells like the Di Maria signing.
I can’t think of any reason/motivation - apart from money - why he would like to come to Manchester after all he has already achieved and won.
I know players like Cavani and Thiago Silva have done well in England, but they didn’t come from RM and their exit wasn’t a year long drama. They also didn’t use the clubs in the past just to get a better deal from RM.
Honestly, I would stay away.
Both Cavani and Thiago Silva came to the clubs for money as well. At their age of course they play for money, it doesn't mean they are not professionals. Every footballer players play for money.

keithsingleton

Not for me, passed his sell by date now. We're trying to build a team to go forward not back. Lucky to get a season out of him. Young talent is what's needed now.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Both Cavani and Thiago Silva came to the clubs for money as well. At their age of course they play for money, it doesn't mean they are not professionals. Every footballer players play for money.
Amazing that you got that from my post.
Well yes, shock horror, people don’t play for free for United.
But you just have to compare Bruno’s attitude and his desire to play and work hard for United to Di Maria’s.
Or take Cavani, who despite a difficult pandemic year and the FA racism ban fiasco still decided to give everything on the pitch and even extended his contract.
With Ramos especially due to the past behaviour of his and his brother I would really not be sure if he would be more Cavani and Thiago Silva or indeed more Di Maria.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Amazing that you got that from my post.
Well yes, shock horror, people don’t play for free for United.
But you just have to compare Bruno’s attitude and his desire to play and work hard for United to Di Maria’s.
Or take Cavani, who despite a difficult pandemic year and the FA racism ban fiasco still decided to give everything on the pitch and even extended his contract.
With Ramos especially due to the past behaviour of his and his brother I would really not be sure if he would be more Cavani and Thiago Silva or indeed more Di Maria.
Ramos is one of the most desperate to win players I can possibly think of. I'd be stunned if he didn't give everything on the pitch (and do his best to drive the rest of the team to do the same) no matter where he ends up.

I don't necessarily want us to sign him, but if we did his attitude would probably be the thing I'm least concerned about. Indeed I'd expect him to instantly be up there with Bruno and Cavani as the ones who seem most driven.

Halftrack

Ramos is one of the most desperate to win players I can possibly think of. I'd be stunned if he didn't give everything on the pitch (and do his best to drive the rest of the team to do the same) no matter where he ends up.
Definitely. He probably also wants to prove to RM and Spain that they were wrong to release him and leave him out of the Euro squad respectively.

There's a chance he'll do well wherever he goes, but his troubles with injuries this past season and his age has me wary. We already have a stop-gap up front in Cavani, and I'd rather we don't kick more cans down the road, so if we're going to strengthen at the back I want us to do it properly.

miked99

I'm really glad we didn't go for Ramos. An aging centre-back who has won everything anyone could ever want to win, coming to a faster paced league in his mid-thirties. Just can't see how that could've gone well.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
PSG are going to be *quite good* next season!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm really glad we didn't go for Ramos. An aging centre-back who has won everything anyone could ever want to win, coming to a faster paced league in his mid-thirties. Just can't see how that could've gone well.
Yup, I mean it's not as if Thiago Silva had just won the champion's league while being very good in PL. At one point you'll have to stop believing that PL is 3 level above anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.