Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
To be honest, saying that without clear information would be a risky career move even for a football journalist, he was unequivocal - as are the Guardian currently. This one definitely has legs.

Ekeke

If he's asked to only come to us, then I'd welcome him. Thats not something I would have expected of him, so its kinda nice that he isnt entertaining the idea of clubs like City and Chelsea who might offer him more money.

But I'd prefer Otamendi

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
At least we finally have a proper thread.
G-Huntz involved, T0P R€D's on the Caf putting their reps on the line, Woody centre of it all. Big chance of heartbreak.

Welcome to the summer window. Twitter update me round the clock

Cina

To be honest, saying that without clear information would be a risky career move even for a football journalist, he was unequivocal - as are the Guardian currently. This one definitely has legs.
It looks like there's clearly been a brief of some sort, yeah. Certainly the Ramos camp want the world to know that he wants to go here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
what's the transfer record for a defender? Have a feeling this'll be expensive,...

Cina

3,000 posts in 2 weeks. Tell you what, this one is definitely shaping up to be a proper transfer forum muppetfest classic.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If he's asked to only come to us, then I'd welcome him. Thats not something I would have expected of him, so its kinda nice that he isnt entertaining the idea of clubs like City and Chelsea who might offer him more money.

But I'd prefer Otamendi
where have you been son, no one pays more than us these days!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
This is great. By Ramos' team leaking that he wants to only come to us we can stop Madrid Fecking over the fee by trying to get others involved.

It's nice to play hardball for once and go toe to toe in the market with the biggest clubs.

We are doing the same with De Gea. Well done.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
He'll certainly make the team better in the short-term, but is this really the type of signing we want to make? Or maybe it just doesn't matter and it's all about getting first team players in now for this year.

Why does he want to play for us so badly, if these sources are to be believed?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
3,000 posts in 2 weeks. Tell you what, this one is definitely shaping up to be a proper transfer forum muppetfest classic.
At the start, I thought it would be the Schweiny thread that really got us hot under the collar.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He's quoting Sky, yeah.

Intriguing this. Di Maria last summer, Ramos this one. Instead of sending De Gea to Madrid, we're bringing Madrid to him.
:lol: swap Madrid Palace for the Football Museum and El Rastro for Curry Mile?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He'll certainly make the team better in the short-term, but is this really the type of signing we want to make? Or maybe it just doesn't matter and it's all about getting first team players in now for this year.

Because we're a big club?

Cina

This is great. By Ramos' team leaking that he wants to only come to us we can stop Madrid Fecking over the fee by trying to get others involved.

It's nice to play hardball for once and go toe to toe in the market with the biggest clubs.

We are doing the same with De Gea. Well done.
Yep, it's good. I think we ended up paying through the roof for Di Maria because it was obvious we weren't first choice and PSG were involved too, and obviously the lack of CL football. It looks like we can take a firmer stance with them this time.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff

We're Manchester United?

Cina

Because we're the second biggest club in the world and he wants to leave the biggest one.

Mali_Zeus

His dad has a soft spot for us.

Trizy

Wasn't Hunter the guy who said we were going to sign Thiago?
And we were, Bayern hijacked that bid.
Same with SkyNews saying we agreed personal terms with Gundogan and Vidal, I still believe we had but sometimes things don't go to plan.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Because according to the legend, United is his father favorite club.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
IF we sign him, it would help us achieve LVGs philosophy, we would have a more continental feel to our defending (more the way we play out from the back) and in turn the defenders we have coming through the ranks playing and training in this way - seeing it being achieved rather then trying to play it that way will stand us in good steed for the future. Ramos is a Tier 1 signing. You don't turn the opportunity down.

Super Nani

Sorry to be a lazy bastard but would one of you good gentleman mind summarising what's happened in the last couple of hours for us to be feeling good about this happening? Not sure exactly what Graham Hunter has said but I hope it's true, he doesn't tend to chat much rubbish from what I remember so maybe it is time to let the inner muppet out.

Status
Not open for further replies.