Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LARulz

As others have stated, this isn't only a bid to sign a great player, it's a huge move to show we are no sleeping giant anymore, and we are going to start doing the bullying. I love it :drool:
This is what I like about it the most. We have been so reserved in the past sometimes about going for the best, it's about time we do what other clubs do to us

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Dave: I'm homesick, I miss Madrid
Woody: well son, I'll bring Madrid to you

United22

As others have stated, this isn't only a bid to sign a great player, it's a huge move to show we are no sleeping giant anymore, and we are going to start doing the bullying. I love it :drool:
This sounds like something off RAWK :nono:

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Secondly, and almost as important for the club, it proclaims our attraction for top talent, and makes it easier to bring the best players to Old Trafford in the future. People tend to forget how Real enhanced their image by signing players like Figo, Zidane and Beckham. Taking an important player from Real, that they want to hold on to, is a big statement.
Quite frankly, Perez has become a blessing in disguise for any rival fan. God knows, how scary Madrid could be if their president would not hunt after the next shiny toy and force out important and proven persons out of the club at the same time. In my opinion, the biggest reason for Ramos wish to leave is Perez booting Ancelotti and thus creating conflict between the team and the officials.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Lot of Madrid fans on Twitter want Perez out though. Pushing out ozil Xabi adm casillas and Ramos (last 2 if it happens). I wouldn't blame them.
Every decent Madrid fan wants Perez out but in the same way I don´t like players blackmailing the club. He wants to earn the same that a striker, players that bring a lot of money to the club. For me was surprising to see that Bonucci is earning 2m€ at Juve and he is not happy with 7 after tax.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Right I am off to bed. My F5 button cannot take this much longer.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
What...what if De Gea has actually signed a new contract, and he's in on this elaborate plan to bring Ramos to Old Trafford? :drool:
If something like that happens then we are finally the transfer top dogs of Europe.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Anyone else think it's odd that Ramos people informed a English jouro ?
If you are talking about Hunter, he is reporting on La liga teams for more than 2 decades now. He is also based in Spain for more than a decade.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'll be honest, I'm not so sure anymore now. :(

This isn't just trying to get a new improved contract. I think we're past that at this stage.
Either he's playing the two clubs brilliantly to earn himself a new contract, or he genuinely wants to join Manchester United. Mata spoke recently in an interview how he always encourages Spanish players to experience the Premier League, I also don't doubt for a second we've let Ramos know we'd be prepared to offer him big money. Still not quite sure what to believe but this certainly appears to have some legs...

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
In my opinion, the biggest reason for Ramos wish to leave is Perez booting Ancelotti and thus creating conflict between the team and the officials
I keep thinking the exact same thing. Carlo was really liked among the players. Perez is an absolute knob.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I keep thinking the exact same thing. Carlo was really liked among the players. Perez is an absolute knob.
Perez might be a Barcelona agent after all.
Quick, sell us Ronaldo before you go, Perez!!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That is exactly right. Irrespective of what happens with Ramos, if Perez carries on like this he will have a big big problem with that dressing room. If this happens, I expect Ronaldo to be the next 'unhappy' player pushing for a move to PSG probably...

Sweet Square

If you are talking about Hunter, he is reporting on La liga teams for more than 2 decades now. He is also based in Spain for more than a decade.
Graham Hunter lives in Spain, I think.
Oh yeah I know. I more meaning that it's odd that Ramos people informed a English jouro in Spain(Hunter is pretty much the most well know reporter of Spanish football in the UK) rather than the typical media(Macca,AS).

Shark

@NotShark
I'll be honest, I'm not so sure anymore now. :(

This isn't just trying to get a new improved contract. I think we're past that at this stage.
Would De Gea coming in appease the fans, do you reckon? because that's what Madrid are probably banking on at this stage. A world class goalkeeper no doubt, but not exactly the superstar that you lot are used to every summer, especially considering a club and country icon is leaving.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I'm still cautious over this one. Real could say no to any bid of course. It's within their rights and they're going to get Dave within 12 months anyway in all probability too.

If true, I wonder if Ramos is using this to learn English quicker, and to test himself on the pitch of course. But with 3-4 years in Manchester, he'd be in an ideal place to sweep up in LA / NY and with a tv presenter partner, it all adds up as a long term strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.