Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

didsbury1982

I reckon there's more to this than just signing a player like Ramos. I think it's us sending out a message to Real that they can't just come and easily take away our best players as i'm sure they thought they'd do with De Gea.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Shut up?

What does how I feel about our current defenders have to do with anything?

I just don't feel as paying so much for a 29 year old CB is worth it, especially one with Ramos' offence record.
What's more, I don't understand the complaints that he's 29 - I thought that it was widely accepted that we need experience at the back - and you don't get that sort of experience without being late 20's or so.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that he will be offered 8.5.If he still wants to leave then he knows where is the door.In a country with 23% unemployment at the end people would understand club's position.10after tax in a 5 year contract is 100 m€ .

Fully Fledged

I think they said that RM are holding out for 50m euro the way the euro is going if we wait another week that will be about £2.50 bargain.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Ok, starting to get pessimistic again.

1) i bet tomorrow first news of the day will be "BREAKING: Real reject Ramos bid"
2) Real will come out and say "he's not for sale at any price"
3) Even if he does come, could it be with the same bloody letter Di Maria wrote "i never wanted to leave!" and possibly in turn just play crap and make mistakes and crumble under the pressure of leaving where he was comftable etc ffs.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
So with Simon Stone reporting it on twitter, does that mean he has 2 sources? Or does it only have to be 2 if they publish a story on their website/official twitter?

Either way, this is great, I'm in full muppet mode now, this has to go through...

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We need to get this deal wrapped up before Ramos begins to have second thoughts on leaving his hometown.

Woody time to prove you are the man.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
What's more, I don't understand the complaints that he's 29 - I thought that it was widely accepted that we need experience at the back - and you don't get that sort of experience without being late 20's or so.
Exactly. We need a strong, experienced character at the back, and Ramos fits the profile. I'd be delighted with a 4 year contract.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think they said that RM are holding out for 50m euro the way the euro is going if we wait another week that will be about £2.50 bargain.
:lol:

A whole influx of world class players come to England for transfer fee's of a fiver.

Trizy

He'll certainly make the team better in the short-term, but is this really the type of signing we want to make? Or maybe it just doesn't matter and it's all about getting first team players in now for this year.

Why does he want to play for us so badly, if these sources are to be believed?
We're a top club, he'll get paid very well, first team football and his father is a Manchester United fan and often talks about them (according to a Ramos interview I've seen)

Raw

Agreed, have an experienced defender like Ramos around and then start Jones when he's ready. No point buying another young talent that may or may not work out.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm late to the party...

On the phone to the missus also so it's hard to multi task :(

I'm just very excited by developments
Yes, but what about Ramos?

Shark

@NotShark
Bang on. Nobody would complain if we signed a 29 year old Vidic, who would have had another three world class season left in the tank. Ramos will probably have more.

Trizy

Would be a right laugh if we sign Ramos and then he persuades DDG to stay.

If we sign Ramos first before bids start coming in he might just convince him. He's story is a reason not to go to Madrid to be honest, or even if he tells him wait until Perez is gone.

Shark

@NotShark
There's a new report from Sky that we've agreed a deal with Real Madrid to sign Ramos.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's nearing 30, heavily reliant on speed, coming to a rather unforgiving new league but feck that logic, I'm excited.
Nonsense. It's an attribute for any player but he's not "heavily reliant on it" at all.

He's a centre back not winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.