Sergio Ramos

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Modric' expression on there is priceless.

Not much to say about Ramos, world class cnut. world class though.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Should have been even more. He is world class because he is one of the best defenders at this age, but I dont think he is a great defender. Great player and a legend though, his passion, leadership and goals make him great. Pepe was the superior player imo.

Lan

You'd think if it's happened 18 times they could have found a picture of it to use. Just lazy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think it's highly irresponsible for a captain to get sent off as often as he does.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Great at scoring goals, but very average defender. He always has to foul his opponent to stop him.

Last edited:

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
He’s an idiot. Such a terrible captain to have and while he won Madrid a lot of points last season his idiocy costs them points a lot too.

Madrid were piling on the pressure last night until he fecked it up, just like he did when he get sent off in the Clasico last season when Messi scored in the last minute.

wr8_utd

:'(
Great at scoring goals, but very average defender. He always has to foul his opponent to stop him.
Genuinely the most overrated defender of this generation. He's lucky to be in all conquering teams so his huge amount of mistakes get glossed over but he genuinely is an awful defender.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Genuinely the most overrated defender of this generation. He's lucky to be in all conquering teams so his huge amount of mistakes get glossed over but he genuinely is an awful defender.
Yeah, him at Las Palmas would see him truly exposed.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
By this time last year this place was tripping all over itself to crown him the best big game player of his generation, "winner", "great captain" etc :lol:

He's what he is. You take the good with the bad. Given the good has given us 3 CL and 2 league titles in the last 6 years, we're more than happy with him :D

Bojan11

By this time last year this place was tripping all over itself to crown him the best big game player of his generation, "winner", "great captain" etc :lol:

He's what he is. You take the good with the bad. Given the good has given us 3 CL and 2 league titles in the last 6 years, we're more than happy with him :D
I’m confused. Who do you actually support?

Fenomeno9

I think the average sports fan has a prisoner of the moment mentality. Opinion changed based on how good or bad a player plays from game to game.

gibers

This guy is such a rash moron. The only reason he stayed in Madrid is because he is Spanish. Now if only the refs dealt with Casemiro the right way he would be sent off in most games as well.

Kazi

This guy is a hero amongst men and is as clutch as it gets. Just let it be.

marktan

He's probably the first defender I'd chose for us if we had the option, easily above flavours of the month like Laporte and Gimenez. He's a very good defender, he scores crucial goals, and is very good with the ball at his feet. Above all, he's a leader. He shows passion, and that rubs off on the rest of the team. I remember that match where they were losing like 5-0 to Barca, and he got sent off and fought with half the Barca team. People criticised him, but it shows character. Rather that than meekly accepting a drubbing as though it doesn't matter. The one criticism you could make of him is that he's not as strong defensively as pure defender like Pepe or Vidic, but he's always been much more Rio than those 2. His overall qualities make him great.

I also didn't really think yesterdays card was a red. I'm always dubious about reds given to players jumping for the ball, yes it can be avoided but you see it with players like Fellaini - players that have a higher natural jump than others their arms always end up at the position of the other players head - purely because the other guy can't jump for shit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No, yesterday's red was fully deserved and stupid

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

Even last year he was exposed as mediocre CB. It's just that he saved you many times.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't rate him that highly. Good on the ball and scores goals but he is not great and lacks composure as a defender. He needs his team to be dominant and protecting him greatly.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Apparently he averages a red card every 20 league games. Phenomenal.

Schneckerl

This guy is such a rash moron. The only reason he stayed in Madrid is because he is Spanish.
Yeah, that got be be the reason. Certainly not that he is their captain and directly won them 2 CL trophies.

gibers

Yeah, that got be be the reason. Certainly not that he is their captain and directly won them 2 CL trophies.
Yes and before that? he's been in Madrid since 2005 was subpar defensivley as a full back and was demolished by almost every top winger and decent winger. Moved to centre back and carried on but the goals he socred in the cl final makes up for almost a decade of subpar defending...

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Yes and before that? he's been in Madrid since 2005 was subpar defensivley as a full back and was demolished by almost every top winger and decent winger. Moved to centre back and carried on but the goals he socred in the cl final makes up for almost a decade of subpar defending...
I always thought that he would've been a better RB/FB than CB, at least I liked him more there with Spain.

With Real it was harder, he was always going to get exposed when the guy in your wing is Robinho or Robben (Ramos was a fairly offensive wing player and wingers not covering back hurted him), and he was bound to look even worse when the DM were people like Mama Diarra, Gravesen, Pablo Garcia, Emerson or even ¿Alvaro Mejia?. His best year as a RB was probably with Mourinho and surrounded by Pepe, Carvalho, Xabi Alonso and Khedira, he'll go down as a great CB, but I believe he could be better as a RB or even a DM if he had a parnership with someone like Kroos or Modric for years

wr8_utd

:'(
He'll go down as a great more because of what he's won that his actual ability defend imo.