Sergio Ramos

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
There is a fairly big difference between comparing the age and abilities of two top class experienced centre backs and one top class centre forward and a semi decent journey man Premier League robot dancer.
Agreed, I just think both comparisons are irrelevant. The Prem is littered with experienced, previously highly successful signings from overseas. Some are a success, some aren't. But that shouldn't be a factor in deciding whether Ramos would do well

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I admit Peter Crouch was plucked out of the ether - just saying that finding a similarly aged player and using that in your argument is a bit futile. If Silva had struggled would that make the Ramos move a bad one? Clesrly not, as there are so many other factors at play. There's some clear non sequiturs in the reasoning

That said, without feeling the need to mention another player to justify my opinion, I think Ramos would be a good signing
Okay I get it. But what it shows is that an elder player can still come and do the business. Especially in a world where people are reluctant to buy players closer to, and above, 30.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Could be exactly what we need to fill the O’Connell gap.

Brad2020

Too old, spend the money on a CB who will be at United for at least the next 7 years...not 1 or 2 before they head off to the MLS

dinostar77

If we did get Ramos for a season or two it wouldnt be a bad thing (apart for the obligatory 3 or 4 red cards per season). Hes a leader with a win at all cost attitude and a player of vast experience. His experience could be of great benefit to our defenders.

Plus it buys Utd a season or two to see of any CBs around europe really do step their game up to the next level.

People on here were unhappy with us signing Cavani, but hes proving a shrewd signing and will make our forwards (if they listen and learn from him) better players.

For what its worth i think Ramos will stay at Madrid.

If we did get Ramos for a season or two it wouldnt be a bad thing (apart for the obligatory 3 or 4 red cards per season). Hes a leader with a win at all cost attitude and a player of vast experience. His experience could be of great benefit to our defenders.

Plus it buys Utd a season or two to see of any CBs around europe really do step their game up to the next level.

People on here were unhappy with us signing Cavani, but hes proving a shrewd signing and will make our forwards (if they listen and learn from him) better players.

For what its worth i think Ramos will stay at Madrid.
see your point. But you can rotate your attaching options, like we have done with Cavani. I would be worried if he was expected to play every game. I would want a new CB (certainly on his wages) to play every game - that’s where I would differentiate Cavani and his potential transfer.

in terms of him going anywhere, I would be shocked if he doesn’t sign a new contract. He’s not leaving Real.