Sergio Ramos / Joins PSG on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Isn't he still currently quite important to real? I can't see zizou letting him go, and I doubt he even wants to leave.

RUCK4444

Sergio Ramos is not coming to the prem. It was only a few months ago he was saying Messi needs to stay in La Liga because it's the best league as they win everything.

Spanish teams have dominated the Europa league and champions league which is true.

Why would he move to the prem when he thinks La Liga is superior?

He'll most likely go back to Sevilla or something so he can win some Europa leagues if Madrid don't give him a contract.
I love Sergio but there’s no way he believes La Liga is superior to the PL.

I don’t care about EL, CL, they are bound to have a fair share when A. They have two of the biggest clubs in Europe which top players gravitate to. B. No decent teams in the PL (or Europe for that matter) takes the EL very seriously like Sevilla.

It’s a tad more competitive now that Madrid and Barca are in need of rebuilds but aside from the odd Athletico Madrid challenge it’s been a two horse race for decades.

That said Sergio is built for the PL, would absolutely love him here at United.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Isn't he still currently quite important to real? I can't see zizou letting him go, and I doubt he even wants to leave.
It's not a question of 'zizou letting him go' he literally can run down his contract and leave if he wants, the same as Messi.

Sometimes players want a change, that said I can't see Ramos leaving.

croadyman

It's not a question of 'zizou letting him go' he literally can run down his contract and leave if he wants, the same as Messi.

Sometimes players want a change, that said I can't see Ramos leaving.
Yeah wish he wanted to join Utd as much as Thiago wanted to join the scousers but like you say can't see him ever leaving Madrid despite all the talk of it happening

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I personally don't think we need a cb in January. We do need to get rid of a couple though.
Agreed, the only reason to buy in January is if your target is available.

If Konate or Upamecano was somehow on the market then obviously it's a no brainer, which they won't be.

red thru&thru

Are you confident that our backup CB's can stay fit then
Maguire, Axel, Bailly and Lindelof are the only one's who have played there this season. Also, Ole won't go for stop gaps.

Plus, we have Mengi in reserve. Yes he's not ready full time, however, if desperate measures are needed, then he will come through.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Maguire, Axel, Bailly and Lindelof are the only one's who have played there this season. Also, Ole won't go for stop gaps.

Plus, we have Mengi in reserve. Yes he's not ready full time, however, if desperate measures are needed, then he will come through.
Mengi's not ready full stop, he's been appalling this season.

red thru&thru

If you'd have seen him against Chelsea you might change your mind.
I did. I also saw Eric Bailly and Harry Maguire against Spurs this season.

I also watched VVD against Aston Villa in their 7-2 defeat.

Tiber

Would take him in a heartbeat. But I doubt he leaves

AltiUn

I did. I also saw Eric Bailly and Harry Maguire against Spurs this season.

I also watched VVD against Aston Villa in their 7-2 defeat.
That's very obtuse. Those were obviously one off games, Mengi's been poor all season and a far cry away from his imperious form in 2019/2020.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I know he takes Penalties but its still mad how he's got a 100 goals for Real Madrid.

AltiUn

I know he takes Penalties but its still mad how he's got a 100 goals for Real Madrid.
He's been very clutch for them over the years, his last gasp headers have been crucial in CL and league campaigns.

ShinjiNinja26

As a stop gap I’d take him in an instant. I know he’s past his prime but he’s still a very good defender and the sort of signing you use as a missing piece to push for a title. It’s a bit Jose-esque but as Cavani is showing you can’t judge a player by age and they may still have plenty to offer as well as a wealth of experience.

Nori-

What a defender. In my opinion up there with the best in the last 30 years, Maldini, Cannavaro, Puyol, Stam, the lot.

He's won everything, multiple times. Always fights with everything he has until the last second. Leads his team like a warrior. Scores sh*t loads of goals and defends really well too.

croadyman

As a stop gap I’d take him in an instant. I know he’s past his prime but he’s still a very good defender and the sort of signing you use as a missing piece to push for a title. It’s a bit Jose-esque but as Cavani is showing you can’t judge a player by age and they may still have plenty to offer as well as a wealth of experience.
Yeah he would command our defence similarly to what you see with Thiago Silva at Chelsea, however like many have said before I don't think there is any way that he ever comes here despite all the rumours. He is very likely to sign a new deal and expect us to get that same gutted feeling of 2015 all over again.

red thru&thru

That's very obtuse. Those were obviously one off games, Mengi's been poor all season and a far cry away from his imperious form in 2019/2020.
I'm not trying to say Mengi has been great, however, there are mitigating circumstances that you just don't know about. Look at how Maguire started the season. Mengi has had an unusual season too. Being so involved with the first team, playing a couple of games for them, having an unusual preseason compared to his other U23 team mates etc can all contribute. You don't just lose your talent.

Anyhow, I did say Mengi would be potentially needed of the worst case scenario occurred whereby majority of our first team cb's were injured at the same time. Very unlikely scenario (taking into account the past 18 months or so).

croadyman

While he still hasn't signed a deal with Real then Utd should at least offer him a 2 year deal for the summer

croadyman

Should he really leave the club then we must absolutely get him.

Sounds like he is not interested in leaving at all doesn't it and think they will reach a compromise in the end. I had hoped he fancied a new challenge like Thiago Silva but looks like he is set on staying in Spain as many of us suspected

Last edited:

wr8_utd

:'(
Given the way our fans abuse our defenders, not sure how they'd take to Ramos and his defensive brain farts and "moments". Ofcourse, his leadership qualities and goals make up for it but defenders seem to forget their attacking prowess when they come to United. Anyway, he'll obviously sign a new deal at Madrid.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Given the way our fans abuse our defenders, not sure how they'd take to Ramos and his defensive brain farts and "moments". Ofcourse, his leadership qualities and goals make up for it but defenders seem to forget their attacking prowess when they come to United. Anyway, he'll obviously sign a new deal at Madrid.
You forgot, his passing ability, people rarely talk about it, but he is a top CB on the ball, makes playing out from the back easier.

croadyman

You forgot, his passing ability, people rarely talk about it, but he is a top CB on the ball, makes playing out from the back easier.
No doubt about that but don't see him going anywhere

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Sounds like he is not interested in leaving at all doesn't it and think they will reach a compromise in the end. I had hoped he fancied a new challenge like Thiago Silva but looks like he is set on staying in Spain as many of us suspected
That his priority is Real Madrid is totally fine but should he leave them then we must be on his transfer table.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Personally feel if Thiago Silva isn't considered too old for Chelsea at 36 then Sergio certsinly shouldn't be at 34 for Utd
/
How does the age of another, unconnected player affect your decision making though? I don't consider Ibrahimovic too old for Milan, I don't want to sign Peter Crouch though.

Oranges038

/
How does the age of another, unconnected player affect your decision making though? I don't consider Ibrahimovic too old for Milan, I don't want to sign Peter Crouch though.
There is a fairly big difference between comparing the age and abilities of two top class experienced centre backs and one top class centre forward and a semi decent journey man Premier League robot dancer.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
/
That's a ridiculous thing to say. Firstly, Ramos and Silva are both top quality. Crouch isn't. Then there's the small detail of Crouch being retired.

And surely you can see the link of saying if a 36 year old has adapted well, then theres a good chance a high quality 34 year old will as well.

croadyman

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Firstly, Ramos and Silva are both top quality. Crouch isn't. Then there's the small detail of Crouch being retired.

And surely you can see the link of saying if a 36 year old has adapted well, then theres a good chance a high quality 34 year old will as well.
Yeah that was my exact point but still expect him to sign new deal with Real shortly

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah that was my exact point but still expect him to sign new deal with Real shortly
It's pretty clear what you were saying. Someone's either trying to be difficult or funny.

And I agree, I fully expect him to re-sign with Real.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

I admit Peter Crouch was plucked out of the ether - just saying that finding a similarly aged player and using that in your argument is a bit futile. If Silva had struggled would that make the Ramos move a bad one? Clesrly not, as there are so many other factors at play. There's some clear non sequiturs in the reasoning

That said, without feeling the need to mention another player to justify my opinion, I think Ramos would be a good signing

Status
Not open for further replies.