Sergio Ramos / Joins PSG on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthanksbye

Would stay away, even though I rate him as one of the best CBs of this generation, what set him apart beyond his skillset was his heart and his love for Madrid.
He absolutely left everything out on the pitch everytime he played for Madrid.
I don't see what will be his motivation to replicate that for any other club.
I could be wrong and it won't even be his fault, it'll be something he'll not be able to find within himself even if he tried.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Seems a great family man and was dropping hints in his documentary that all the travelling he's done is taking away valuable time with his children which is why I can't see him going to a different country. Maybe do a Zidane. Take a couple of years away from football back to Sevilla and come back as manager. It might just work.
His family was one of my arguments for thinking that he was going to renew. Years building a house in Madrid, business with horses ... He can still play a couple of years in the elite so he has no alternative but to go abroad. The Sevilla thing could be an option later, although his relationship with the fans / club is not that of Alves or Rakitic.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
His family was one of my arguments for thinking that he was going to renew. Years building a house in Madrid, business with horses ... He can still play a couple of years in the elite so he has no alternative but to go abroad. The Sevilla thing could be an option later, although his relationship with the fans / club is not that of Alves or Rakitic.
Sorry. Didn't make myself clear. When I said back to Sevilla I meant the city not the club. Isn't that where he has his horse business? Can't see him going back to play for Sevilla after Del Nido screwed him over with the fans. What's the problem with his renewal? Is it the club or him that doesn't want to renew? I haven't been following the news too closely.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry. Didn't make myself clear. When I said back to Sevilla I meant the city not the club. Isn't that where he has his horse business? Can't see him going back to play for Sevilla after Del Nido screwed him over with the fans. What's the problem with his renewal? Is it the club or him that doesn't want to renew? I haven't been following the news too closely.
Ah ok. Yes, he has the horses in Sevilla but I always assumed that he would want to retire well to remain linked to Madrid.
The club offers him one year, with a cut of 10%. He asks for two. It seems simple but his brother always complicates by leaking interest from other clubs to the press.
I think without René he would have already renewed.
The last thing is that he allegedly called several players saying that they should not accept the 10% salary cut because that money was for Mbappe.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Ah ok. Yes, he has the horses in Sevilla but I always assumed that he would want to retire well to remain linked to Madrid.
The club offers him one year, with a cut of 10%. He asks for two. It seems simple but his brother always complicates by leaking interest from other clubs to the press.
I think without René he would have already renewed.
The last thing is that he allegedly called several players saying that they should not accept the 10% salary cut because that money was for Mbappe.
Thanks for the update. Sounds a lot like 3 or 4 seasons ago when his brother did the same with us but then Sergio had time on his side. Not like now. Family agents are the worst to deal with because they think they're smarter than the club. That one has come back to bite him. Still think he's worth a 2 year contract more for his leadership qualities than anything else. Madrid have a big rebuild coming up and someone like Ramos would be fundamental in bedding them in. Shame its ending like this.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I’d take him over Varane quite obviously all day long. The blokes a monster in every sense of the world.
So would I tbh, surprised he's not really being strongly linked with anyone given he's a free agent

croadyman

So would I tbh, surprised he's not really being strongly linked with anyone given he's a free agent
Yeah we have already seen the benefit of signing an experienced proven winner free agent in Edi and it would also allow us to spend big on a CDM & RW which I would have thought appeals to our penny pinching yankee leech owners. My only real worry with him is the lack of pace alongside Harry which Chelsea don't have an issue with when playing Thiago Silva alongside Rudiger

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don’t mind signing him for 2 years if he is free. What’s his current wage though?

Caesar2290

Some fans let the player's reputation cloud their judgement. For me he has Schweinsteiger or Sanchez written all over him. The man has literally won everything there is to win multiple times. He's most likely looking for a last big payday before hanging his boots. Would only take him in the Cavani/Larson role. Otherwise I would stay away. Would be a great addition to MLS/China though.

croadyman

Some fans let the player's reputation cloud their judgement. For me he has Schweinsteiger or Sanchez written all over him. The man has literally won everything there is to win multiple times. He's most likely looking for a last big payday before hanging his boots. Would only take him in the Cavani/Larson role. Otherwise I would stay away. Would be a great addition to MLS/China though.
How do you define the Edi/Larsson role then just out of interest

TheRedHearted

Imo he has one of the best mindsets I’ve seen since watching football. So competitive and I can’t remember him playing in a game in which he didn’t give it his all. He showed up for club and for country. Bruno and him have similar mentalities. If it’s for a year or two till a cb comes along that we want as much as we wanted maguire then yeah. I don’t see why we wouldn’t.
Also as a RB cover he would offer a great deal too. Or if Ole would ever want to play three at the back.

croadyman

Imo he has one of the best mindsets I’ve seen since watching football. So competitive and I can’t remember him playing in a game in which he didn’t give it his all. He showed up for club and for country. Bruno and him have similar mentalities. If it’s for a year or two till a cb comes along that we want as much as we wanted maguire then yeah. I don’t see why we wouldn’t.
Also as a RB cover he would offer a great deal too. Or if Ole would ever want to play three at the back.
Yeah that's exactly how we should see it

Caesar2290

How do you define the Edi/Larsson role then just out of interest
A past it player that was brought to the club to deputise the first team in times of need and for squad depth aka playing a limited role. Sharing his experience with the young ones also helps. Granted Cavani has become our starter, but he was brought to the club with the thought of deputising Martial. Turned out it was the other way around.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure if this is true or not, but one journalist said last week that Manchester City have some data analysis that say many of Ramos metrics are the same at 35 years old as many other CBs in Europe who are 27, 28, 29 years old.

Not sure if he will end up renewing in the end or not, but it was interesting to know this nonetheless.

TheRedHearted

Not sure if this is true or not, but one journalist said last week that Manchester City have some data analysis that say many of Ramos metrics are the same at 35 years old as many other CBs in Europe who are 27, 28, 29 years old.

Not sure if he will end up renewing in the end or not, but it was interesting to know this nonetheless.
Can believe it. The guy never got huge with muscle, he was smaller when he won the World Cup but he never went crazy. Can’t even imagine his diet.
well thanks to the internet - i found it!
  • Breakfast: Whole grain bread, turkey breast with avocado and coffee
  • Mid-morning snack: Mixed berries, handful of almonds, yoghurt
  • Lunch: Salad with vegetables sprinkled with sunflower and pumpkin seeds
  • Afternoon snack: Banana and pea protein shake
  • Dinner: Cod with lemon, herbs and olives

Siorac

Can believe it. The guy never got huge with muscle, he was smaller when he won the World Cup but he never went crazy. Can’t even imagine his diet.
That's a fecking depressing diet. Thank feck I'm not some elite athlete.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I think even I'd make those sacrifices for hundreds of thousands of pounds a month.

Tallis

Apart from the lunch, it doesn’t seem very bad. But then, I am one of those people who can eat the same food every day.

TheReligion

Abusive
Appreciate that's not giving quantity but seems far too little to fuel him

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
If I ate this for a week I would weigh about 7 stone :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Apart from the lunch, it doesn’t seem very bad. But then, I am one of those people who can eat the same food every day.
Agreed. Lunch feels like it's missing something but the rest of it is fine. Maybe some vegies with the dinner as well.

In saying that, I agree with what TheReligion just posted that it doesn't seem to be close to enough for a professional athlete to be eating, unless it's huge portions of everything.

noelyman

I don't know what's most surprising. Firstly that a grown man and top athlete gets sufficient sustenance on such a diet, or secondly that you managed to successfully google what Sergio Ramos eats. Does it tell you what pies Jan Molby used to eat? :lol:

Polar

Never never never…

He’s become VERY slow. Maguire is Usain Bolt compared to Ramos.

littleman

The annual whine and surrender.. Cronaldo and Ramos, cut from the same cloth..

Offsideagain

Just another year of the ‘Ramos wants to leave Madrid ‘ show. Happens every year and if anyone can be arsed, check it out to see how many times he’s done this. Always uses United as a bargaining tool too.

Judas

Open to offers
It's hard to believe him and Varane will leave both Real this summer, but surely PSG can't buy both. Imagine the meltdown if they both move, but one ends up at PSG the other at Chelsea :lol:

Godfather

It's hard to believe him and Varane will leave both Real this summer, but surely PSG can't buy both. Imagine the meltdown if they both move, but one ends up at PSG the other at Chelsea :lol:
Count me in if that happens. We should try to get either of them

RUCK4444

Don't... just no. I will implode I think.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I’ll take Ramos right now no questions asked. He’s got atleast 3 years left with the way he looks after himself. His all action style complemented with Maguires composure and ball playing abilities would be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.