Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Looks like a good player. Does he have a future at Real Madrid considering the amount of money they've spent on Ferland Mendy?

If not, how much would he cost and who'd be in for him?

E-mal

He's good and we could get him for 30m but Madrid want a buy back clause.

GledTheRed

23 is he? and Madrid are willing to sell for 30 million euros?

Same with Hakimi, are Madrid mugs or do they know more than us after watching them 1-2 times?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd happily take him without a buy back clause, that'd likely cost considerably more than the original 30m they wanted for him though.

No Love

Would be a smart signing. Looks like he’s definitely on the move this summer, too. Sadly, don’t see us being in for him and I’m unaware of any links suggesting otherwise. Think he’d be a real menace down our left hand side, mind you.

E-mal

If the buy backs for like £50m it wouldn't be too bad.
I get but replacing a full back after been established in your team can be very hard.
Perhaps negotiate a higher fee without the clause.

No Love

Same with Hakimi, are Madrid mugs or do they know more than us after watching them 1-2 times?
Yeah, 23. Supposedly, their aim this summer is to sell. Allegedly, they’ll have 34/35 senior players on their books when all players report for pre-season. I’m guessing they’re satisfied with Marcelo and Mendy as their left back options for the season, so possibly see Reguilon as a player who can fetch them a nice sum. Unfortunately, they’ll probably be looking a buyback clause to active when Marcelo eventually moves on, hence the relatively low reported fee of around £25m for him. Would be refreshing to see a fullback who can get forward consistently though, wouldn’t it?

Rolaholic

Would sign him up in a heartbeat,would be cheaper than most options too at 25-30m

He'd be starting for Madrid next year if they hadn't just bought Mendy last summer

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It doesn't make sense signing a starting LB in the current window due to the funds that will be required to sign Sancho or another RWF.

The priorities lie elsewhere in the current window IMO and the attacking threat will potentially come from RB next season with Ethan Laird.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wouldn't mind to pay 25m pounds to sign this guy. Buy back clause is fine if we insert double the price. We need to be ruthless when dealing with injuries. If Laird, Shaw & Dalot want play for us, they need to stay fit & not getting injured. Sick of players getting injuries.

Bissaka/Williams - Maguire - Torres - Reguilon

I really like the idea of having 2 English on the right, 2 Spanish on the left. Either way, Winger, CB & may be LB to me. This 25m pounds is very good deal for a left back.

beingshe7don

I wouldn't mind to pay 25m pounds to sign this guy. Buy back clause is fine if we insert double the price. We need to be ruthless when dealing with injuries. If Laird, Shaw & Dalot want play for us, they need to stay fit & not getting injured. Sick of players getting injuries.

Bissaka/Williams - Maguire - Torres - Reguilon

I really like the idea of having 2 English on the right, 2 Spanish on the left. Either way, Winger, CB & may be LB to me. This 25m pounds is very good deal for a left back.
We paid 80m for a shit defender in Maguire. Lindelof has a mistake in him. Our full backs offer nothing going forward. And right now, we've got to look for a defender who can conceal Maguire's weaknesses. Torres is light weight for the PL. Badiashile could be our best bet.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We paid 80m for a shit defender in Maguire. Lindelof has a mistake in him. Our full backs offer nothing going forward. And right now, we've got to look for a defender who can conceal Maguire's weaknesses. Torres is light weight for the PL. Badiashile could be our best bet.
Maguire is fine mate. Our defense has shown improvement this season under him. In order to go to next level we just need to improve the other ones.

Maguire has the strength to compliment defender who is not physically strong while Torres has the pace to compliment defender who lacks of pace. Torres also has natural height to play in PL. He reminds me of Ricardo Carvalho, skinny but knows how to conceal his weakness and good centre back with technique and pace to compliment Terry who lacks pace.

We have Mengi, signing another teenage in centre back doesn;t make any sense if we want to challenge the league or being comfortable in securing top 4 next season. Whichever we sign, we shouldn’t be signing teenager this year.

Fracture90

I've read it somewhere that Madrid are looking to sell him for around €20-30m, they have no use of him considering they're rolling with Marcelo and Mendy.

cyberman

Id pay for the Sevilla keeper but thats about it. He was getting rinsed by our right side for a bit, the amount of space Mason got was insane

Andersons Dietician

2nd time I’ve seen him and he does look good going forward. Especially in the system Sevilla played but maybe in part to the system he left so much space behind him it was unreal. We should have taken more advantage of it than we did. €20 mil seems too good to be true as surely you could get him play him for a season and make a profit.

My concern is that we’ve seen some of the best fullbacks in Europe come to the prem in recent years and look exceptionally average. Mendy, Danilo, Cancello and many more like Darmian, Emerson that were supposedly hot stuff.

Not going to pretend to have seen lots of him but from the looks of what I’ve seen he certainly fits with the CAF criteria of “wingers” being the best fullbacks around.

Shaw needs competition and we need options so he’d hopefully be as good as people say he is.

cyberman

He is quite an attacking minded LB.
It was insane. There was a move when the ball was played wide to AWB in acres of space who dummied the ball to Mason who had the entire right side on his own.
It was worse than anything Williams did, he just wasnt punished for it

Fracture90

It was insane. There was a move when the ball was played wide to AWB in acres of space who dummied the ball to Mason who had the entire right side on his own.
It was worse than anything Williams did, he just wasnt punished for it
One of the reasons as to why Madrid are looking to offload him probably. Both Marcelo and Mendy are great going forward but they also can do the defensive side of the job.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The caf has a nasty habit of seeing a player perform well against us and then wanting to buy him

dev1l

One of the reasons as to why Madrid are looking to offload him probably. Both Marcelo and Mendy are great going forward but they also can do the defensive side of the job.
Thing is if he comes here and starts to play well, he may want to go back to Madrid if they re interested

Crashoutcassius

classic caf post, go for the hipster kid with about 10 senior games in farmer france, get rid of the cb who has played every minute for us in one of europes best defences, write off whatever investment we made. do you not see how ridiculous that sounds.

Raw

He's very good but I don't see us spending money on a position we're not particularly desperate for. Reckon he might go to Chelsea and become a really good player for them, frustratingly enough.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

For Hakimi, I think it's because he isn't good enough right now at RB and needs to develop his defensive game a lot more before being reliable there. They also have Carvajal, who is still one of the best RB in the world and not very old, Hakimi doesn't have it in him to replace Carvajal right now and wanted more first team opportunities. Dortmund could not afford Real's asking price, while for Inter you can imagine he would be a perfect signing for Conte's 3-5-2 system.

Can't say about Reguilon, but Madrid already have Ferland Mendy, who has Ben decent right?

kkengvib

I like him but he'd expose Maguire even more on the left. We can't have him without getting a more mobile left sided CB (moving Maguire to the right).
He would certainly provide good competition to Shaw and may well start for us, but we have more important positions to fill. If we can sell Rojo, Smalling, etc., perhaps worth a shot.

Reactions: Sultan

Nickelodeon

These are the sort of signings I would love for us to make. He'll cost less now than what we paid for Shaw in 2014. Even if he doesn't pan out, he'll have a decent resale and a host of clubs wanting to sign him as well. Don't know why every first team player we buy has to be minimum 50 million these days.

Blood Mage

He's clearly a talent but I'd have Telles or Grimaldo over him. He would probably represent the best value for money though I guess.

Mark Pawelek

He's clearly a talent but I'd have Telles or Grimaldo over him. He would probably represent the best value for money though I guess.
Yes. Reguilon is a clear winner. An obvious buy. Will be 1st choice LB. Crime if United don't buy him.

I definitely wouldn't have Grimaldo - appalling injury record.

E-mal

For Hakimi, I think it's because he isn't good enough right now at RB and needs to develop his defensive game a lot more before being reliable there. They also have Carvajal, who is still one of the best RB in the world and not very old, Hakimi doesn't have it in him to replace Carvajal right now and wanted more first team opportunities. Dortmund could not afford Real's asking price, while for Inter you can imagine he would be a perfect signing for Conte's 3-5-2 system.

Can't say about Reguilon, but Madrid already have Ferland Mendy, who has Ben decent right?
More than decent. He is very good in defense and alright in attack.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The caf has a nasty habit of seeing a player perform well against us and then wanting to buy him
I didn't really think he had that good of a game against us, sure the cross was great, but he conceded a hell of a lot of chances on his side - we just didn't finish them

Irrational.

He was great yesterday, had Mason in his pocket and fantastic going forward.

I would certainly be looking at him if I was Ole as Shaw simply cannot be relied upon, and Williams is too green.

Sea-Cow

Seemed brilliant in possession and bombing forward, but he wasn't that great defensively.

So he's perfect. We need more production from our fullbacks, especially against teams that sit back in a low block.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was great yesterday, had Mason in his pocket and fantastic going forward.

I would certainly be looking at him if I was Ole as Shaw simply cannot be relied upon, and Williams is too green.
That's not even remotely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.