Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
He was great yesterdy. Yep, he made a mistake which could have cost us, but it didn't. On the other hand, he made some fantastic saves that kept us in match.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He saved us from complete and utter humiliation yesterday (if possible). As he did late on against Tottenham. His 5 clean sheets are completely warranted, as he has made some wonderful saves.

I don't see how his start is any different from De Gea's. He, too, was shaky and made a number of horrible mistakes, including that clanger that cost us a League final last year. We quite easily could have lost 3-0 had it not been for Romero. Conversely, I don't remember us even testing their goalkeeper.
A recurring fecking theme. Gone are the days when we could have a good old moan about opposition keepers having the game of their lives against us. I'd probably be able to list off every half-decent opposition keeper save in the whole season so far, all on the fingers of one hand.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Superb save.

Would DDG have saved the goal though? That is the question.

El Zoido

Think we'll make him our #1 next season when Dave inevitably leaves?

prath92

Superb save.

Would DDG have saved the goal though? That is the question.
It's irrelevant tbh. David is miles better than most keepers on the planet so there's a good chance he would have saved. But he is injured. It's not like we benched de gea and played Romero.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He's a very good shot stopper. It's just his tendency for brain farts that lets him down.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It's irrelevant tbh. David is miles better than most keepers on the planet so there's a good chance he would have saved. But he is injured. It's not like we benched de gea and played Romero.
My point is that it's difficult to truly appreciate how many points DDG earns us. If we lose him we'll never know how many goals he would have prevented.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Think we'll make him our #1 next season when Dave inevitably leaves?
No, that would be a stupid thing to do. Played well tonight, made a few brilliant saves, still not good enough to be our #1.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well done lad.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Stepped up and put a classic ddg performance. Some ridiculous good saves, but nothing to do for the goals. First one deflected on smalling, and for the second credit to the tall guy, placed it perfectly and romero had his view blocked. Good game.

Devil may care

I wouldn't trust him not to miss-kick a simple backpass or drop an easy catch but he made a couple of excellent reflex saves tonight, kept us from being fully humiliated.

Classical Mechanic

I wouldn't trust him not to miss-kick a simple backpass or drop an easy catch but he made a couple of excellent reflex saves tonight, kept us from being fully humiliated.
I think that is the thing with Romero. Some great reaction saves, great with the ball at his feet but an absolute howler is never far away.

Acole9

Outstanding
He didn't deserve to be on the losing side. His third save was world class, he had no right to make that save. If it wasn't for him the tie would be over already.

Winrar

he reminds me of heurelho gomes a bit. capable of making some excellent saves but also makes jaw dropping mistakes too often to be considered quality.

that said he was great, only reason why we're still in this tie.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Probably get it in the neck for this, but although he made two great saves, I think he should have done better for their goals. I actually think DDG would have saved them.

Sigma

he reminds me of heurelho gomes a bit. capable of making some excellent saves but also makes jaw dropping mistakes too often to be considered quality.

that said he was great, only reason why we're still in this tie.
Gomes has actually been one of the best goalkeepers in the league this season. But I understand your point, when he was at tottenham, he wasn't as consistent.

Winrar

Gomes has actually been one of the best goalkeepers in the league this season. But I understand your point, when he was at tottenham, he wasn't as consistent.
agree that he's been great at watford so far. was brilliant at psv a long time ago as well.

Man Utd 5:1 Midtjylland

FromTheBench

Really slow for their goal today and his kicking was giving me scares throughout. Hit the charging player once too and was lucky to get away.

He's just not that good.

MDFC Manager

Let's be honest, he did well last night. Especially punching out the few aerial balls they had, as we had a short defense

m1y2

I love how positive he is on the ball, never hoofs the ball when its possible

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There is a huge difference between him and Dave but for a no.2 he's alright. I thought Dave would have saved the goal though

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's basically Barthez but not quite as good isn't he? Talented, inconsistent, mental and a bit of a flapper. I'd take Johnstone over him any day myself but I do think his kicking is pretty good which is I expect what Van Gaal likes about him.

prath92

He can't say 'I know he is better so I'm happy to sit on the bench'

Seems like a normal response

Dante

Average bang
He's the worst United keeper of the last 15 years, and one of the worst at any club in the league.

prath92

He's the worst United keeper of the last 15 years, and one of the worst at any club in the league.
He is comfortably better than kusczak Lindegard and all. He is also one of the most decent backups in any club (other than begovic)

Status
Not open for further replies.