Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_86

He is a great shot stopper but when he comes to collect the ball from a corner or a cross, he scares the feck out of me.

Jaybomb

I like him and all but why are we making it hard for ourselves by playing our number 2 in a MUST WIN COMPETITION?

Its bizarre. I wouldn't mind if we hadn't got the best keeper in the fecking league sitting on the bench. :houllier:

TheReligion

Abusive
You are a load of nervous Nerys'

He was fine tonight. The one he spilled was awkward. Couldn't do anything on the goal and won everything in the air. What more do you want.

Sylar

Heart in mouth when he spilled the ball and then recovered the second ball haha.

He did his job though when we were 2-1 up, and he somehow stopped the ball with his leg (although mostly cos it was at him).

Ixion

He did fine but he's a mistake waiting to happen. It would be crazy to leave De Gea sat on the bench for the semis.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He's better than Schmeichel and Hart. I'd rather have him as #1 than those two. Not that he's done much wrong to be given a crack. People will always focus on goalkeeper rickets because that sort of goes with the territory but let's be honest De Gea has had a few too.

RedNed77

Better than Joe Hart, if we're going to play as defensively as we seem to with Jose, he's a perfectly serviceable number one. Not the best, but doesn't need to be with the level were currently at.

lsd

The Oracle
Fifteen games this season and I'm struggling to think of any b mistakes he has made . Yet we still get the same tired myth of he makes serious errors every game and is an accident waiting to happen

Witchking

Deserves to play the final if we get there. Has played well whenever called upon. We have a very good goal keeper. Maybe first choice if United decide not to spend on a new keeper post De Gea.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Deserves to play the final if we get there. Has played well whenever called upon. We have a very good goal keeper. Maybe first choice if United decide not to spend on a new keeper post De Gea.
I agree. I am not certain we'd be here without Romero which is a massive compliment considering how good De Gea is. Some fantastic saves this tournament.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Love Big Serge. Great back up

Ban

Wait 'till the final.

The amount of shit this man gets for no particular reason is baffling.
And people claiming he has a mistake in him every time. I asked some guy before the game to find me some of his mistakes and the answer was 'we'll see'. Oh yes and he said DDG going to Madrid is a done deal.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's been pretty much flawless in the EL. Completely comfortable with him playing as much as possible.

Kostur

海尔的老板
And people claiming he has a mistake in him every time. I asked some guy before the game to find me some of his mistakes and the answer was 'we'll see'. Oh yes and he said DDG going to Madrid is a done deal.
Yeah that's just silly.

I myself wouldn't mind if DDG played now/in the final, harsh as it is on Romero you want your best squad, but at no point was I worried when he started the game, he really gave us no reason to.

flappyjay

He has experience for big matches a world cup final and two copa finals are no joke, man can handle himself just fine.

Devil81

Not even tested really.

I would still start De Gea should we get to the final, why would you not play your best player.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Starting to wonder if we wouldn't actually be okay with Romero as our #1 if DDG leaves.

Good shot stopper, commands his field (came all the way out to the 16 metre mark to collect a ball tonight) and has great distribution.

el3mel

Sorry Romero for doubting you before the game. Very, very good GK, he's not a superman as David but he does his job very fine and doesn't make any mistakes.

Don't know if we can go with him as number 1 though as it seems a gamble.

lsd

The Oracle
Not even tested really.

I would still start De Gea should we get to the final, why would you not play your best player.

Honestly has de gea been that much better than Romero this season... For all the rubbish about Romero's mistakes De Gea has been the one making the odd error

Jose has said he trusts Romero and he is his keeper for this I can't for the life of me find fault with that

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Disagree about him being better with the ball at his feet than DDG, offered up some nervy times tonight trying to get it to his left foot to clear.

However, that may be the save that gets us into the final, his readjusting to the deflected ball. Great footwork allowed him to push it over the crossbar.

I would have no issue at all with him in the Europa League final if we get there.

space

He can catch well, has good distribution, would take him as number one.

Status
Not open for further replies.