Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

If De Gea leaves I wouldn't be too fussed if he was our GK. You don't need a great goalkeeper to build a great team.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Thanks for keeping us in the competition all the way to the final Romero, but now I think it's time for DDG to step into the picture again. We cannot be stubborn even though Romero have done an excellent job. We need our very finest pieces when everything is on stake, and I mean everything. Romero can get a couple of PL games instead. It would also be great for DDG's morale to see how important he really is to us.

el3mel

Love him. Great keeper.

Deserves to play in the final and hopefully we win and he lifts the trophy.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Key save at the beginning of the game, then few more in the 2nd half.

Goalkeeper department is buckling under amount of quality.

Litch

Brill temperament when the rest around him are panicking....

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good performance. It's nice to have a dependable second keeper! We've always done ok but he seems like one of the better ones we've had

Art

Art the artist
Don't know what more as a keeper he has to do to warrant a starting spot in the final. He absolutely deserves it.

predator

Youth NITK
Does the fact Jose has played him most EL is due to him showing he has faith that he can be our goalkeeper next season.

I personally think he has been solid. It's obvious he isn't a better shot stopper than De Gea but his overall game is impressively consistent and he looks quite imposing amongst other players.

Sylar

Deserved a clean sheet today. Could do absolutely nothing for the goal.

Funny thing is in the warmups, he had a shot which he tried to save, it went right through him and he was holding his hand. Then his kicking to the GK coach was all over the place. Then he flapped at a cross from the coach. :lol:

Southampton 0:0 Man Utd

FujiVice

Its strange, I dont know if its because the game really doesnt matter, but I've never been more confident in a goalkeeper saving a penalty. Love him.

AndyJ1985

Said it in the other thread. There isn't much between our two keepers.
Except for several years of De Gea making world class saves and saving us from countless losses, sure, not much between them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Said it in the other thread. There isn't much between our two keepers.
You were wrong when you said it in the other thread too. One is widely recognised as one of if not the best goalkeepers in the world, the other is a relative journeyman. The difference in class and talent between the two is huge.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we strengthen in the right areas, I don't think GK will be too much of an issue. Romero is a decent GK and if he's not having to pull of miraculous saves constantly because the defence is shite then he'll be ok. Even this season DDG hasn't needed to make as many heroic saves. It will also requite much greater attacking play because attack is the best form of defence.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Journeyed all the way to the World Cup final. Not bad.
I'm sure I could come up with a fair list of journeymen footballers who have played in a world cup final. I obviously won't though because it would take effort and there's football on.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You were wrong when you said it in the other thread too. One is widely recognised as one of if not the best goalkeepers in the world, the other is a relative journeyman. The difference in class and talent between the two is huge.
It doesn't matter who is recognized for what. They have both performed at a top level this year.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Except for several years of De Gea making world class saves and saving us from countless losses, sure, not much between them.
What happened several years ago is irrelevant to the form of the present. Romero has been every bit as good as De Gea throughout the year.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It doesn't matter who is recognized for what. They have both performed at a top level this year.
Which is why we don't judge players based on one year, or without taking the opposition they faced into account.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Having said it in another thread doesn't mean it makes sense. De Gea is easily one of the best goalkeepers in the world alongside Neuer, Romero isn't close to that level.
Not true. Keepers gain and lose form on a regular basis, so its pointless to evaluate them by name or what they did several years ago. Look at the present and you'll see there isn't much between them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Which is why we don't judge players based on one year, or without taking the opposition they faced into account.
You actually do. Nobody gives two fecks about what happened years ago as it isn't indicative of what sort of players they are in the present.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You actually do. Nobody gives two fecks about what happened years ago as it isn't indicative of what sort of players they are in the present.
So presumably if you'd taken over at Chelsea this year you'd have sold Hazard and Costa off the back of their awful season the year before and replaced them with a load of Leicester players instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.