Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Star One

Out of interest, at what level club could you see him starting for on a regular basis as number 1.
I think he would do just fine for roughly half of Premier League teams. On par (if not better) with Everton's Robles, Stoke's Grant, Watford's Gomes etc. He could be an upgrade for Liverpool too now they're playing Mignolet and I am convinced Romero is a better keeper than Caballero.

Him or DDG on Sunday? I m not comparing their ability as it is obvious that DDG is a far better goalie, but I wouldn t mind him being our keeper on sunday. I do worry though that DDG might lack match fitness after.
Keep DDG picking up trophies as often as possible so he feels like there's a point in being a United player post SAF.

JoaquinJoaquin

Him or DDG on Sunday? I m not comparing their ability as it is obvious that DDG is a far better goalie, but I wouldn t mind him being our keeper on sunday. I do worry though that DDG might lack match fitness after.
I like Romero he is easily the best back up GK in the league but essentially this cup could be the last one De Gea wins with us if he does go to Real Madrid this Summer, so he has to play.

Rossa

He's just so likable - one of the really cool goalies. On top of that, he's a pretty darn good goalie as well. This season, I don't think DDG or Romero would be the difference to our team. He's better than both City's goalies.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Are there any other Argentinian GK's he has to worry about whilst being our 2nd choice? I'd love to keep him here for as long as possible.
Geronimo Rulli, he will probably be Argentina's #1 at Russia 2018.

Caballero isn't a bad shout either based on current form, but he never gets called up by La Seleccion for some reason.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I like Romero he is easily the best back up GK in the league but essentially this cup could be the last one De Gea wins with us if he does go to Real Madrid this Summer, so he has to play.
Why give him a parting present if he wants out? Bugger that. Saying that, he's staying anyway.

Acole9

Outstanding
He is the dream second choice goalkeeper, he's like van der Gouw, content with sitting on the bench but when called upon rarely lets us down.

Sylar

9 appearances, 7 clean sheets. Thats just crazy. Although the specific games hes been playing might have something to do with that.
Didnt he start of last season the same way (until that Swansea game).

Also wasnt he out of work before we signed him. I assume he would have suitors, but maybe he wouldnt mind being used like he is right now given the club he is at.
Not sure if him being 30 works in our favour or against it. If he was 26 you would think he would defo want to get out and play regular football.
And if he was 34 he would be happy to be being backup at United at the specific age.
At 30, its a tough one (but I guess it depends on who comes in for him)?

The United

Ah who cares about that if he is going to leave anyway?

fallengt

Not sure if him being 30 works in our favour or against it. If he was 26 you would think he would defo want to get out and play regular football.
And if he was 34 he would be happy to be being backup at United at the specific age.
At 30, its a tough one (but I guess it depends on who comes in for him)?
He was backup GK everywhere, except argie National team. Nobody had wanted him before LvG signed him.
If I was him I'd rather be a backup at United than going back to that old life.

GwynnieJ

Shat the bed in my opinion. Should have rushed out for the goal, just froze then jumped out of the way.

Sylar

Shat the bed in my opinion. Should have rushed out for the goal, just froze then jumped out of the way.
Thats kinda harsh. I might need to see it again, but I think he didnt rush out cos he was expecting a first time shot (or header) so tried to give himself the best position to react to that. But the guy was allowed to control the ball on his chest in our box and then Romero basically had to react to that.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Horrible night to play in net. Happy we didn't have to risk DDG and have relative confidence in his replacement.
Goal happened suddenly. Back four all got caught square ... maybe could've been out quicker but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Looks like the team trust him. I don't see him giving up too many soft one's

Jaybomb

Great keeper and if we lost De Gea to Madrid, I think we would be in safe hands with Sergio in goal.

If he's good enough to get to the World Cup final and two Copa America finals, I see no reason why we can't win trophies with him.

No doubt most people will want a "name" signing rather than putting their faith and trust in a quality professional like Sergio. I think that's a bit unfortunate for him. He's been great since joining us.

Anduin

The goal was unstoppable IMO, excellent pass (albeit with Jones sleeping), great control and fantastic finish. Can't fault Romero for that... he's so cool though, everything looks so easy, the way he collects the ball sometimes makes me laugh :lol:
Can't ask for much more from a reserve keeper, he's class. If he wants to sit around on our bench being content with 10-15 games a season (fair play to Jose for letting him play the cups, will be interesting to see if we switch to De Gea once the quarter finals in the Europa League arrive) that would be great... could start for a lot of other decent clubs.

King Eric 7

Would be bad man management to hook him for DDG in the latter stages. He's done well and deserves to be in goal for as long as we're still in the competition.

Bojan11

I had my doubts when we signed him.

But he's been brilliant when called upon. Hope rumours of him going back to Argentina aren't true.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If DDG decides to pack up and go to Spain this summer then I wouldn't be against Romero as our #1 keeper.

Raw

Another clean sheet.

He is severely underrated. One of his criticisms was his random brainfarts but he seems to have cut that out recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.