Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

eat_grass

He's played a total of six matches out of a possible thirty-two. That's less than 1-out-of-5 for a player that would likely start for most PL teams. Last year he played every single Europa League tie to make up for it; this year he's gotten the baby cups and two low-pressure CL matches. I wouldn't blame him if he wants out (loan or otherwise).

MAME DIOUF 32

If he wanted to go so he could get games in a World Cup year, why didn't he say so in July? He's part of our plans for the whole season, especially as it only gets busier from here.

marlowe78

He was our keeper in the Europa campaign last season, so overall an excellent signing as far as backups go. An LVG signing that worked out.

Don't blame him at all if he goes, he is good enough to start for many other teams. We had better plan for his replacement wisely because Pereira hasn't filled me with confidence in the few minutes he's gotten.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You know what you're getting as second goalkeeper. Every EL game was great but not normal. Hopefully he wants to stay.

Sylar

World cup year right? Dont blame him if he wants first team football. Think hes too good to be a sub all the time and isnt gonna get ahead of DDG (especially as we in CL not Europa this season).

NYAS

His place is secure for the World Cup even if he doesn’t play another minute this season.

Would be extremely disappointed if he left.

Acole9

Outstanding
Doesn't appear to be injured, anyone reckon he's gone and done a Valdes?

Yeovil 0:4 Man Utd

Revaulx

Great to see him get a game last night. I hope this means he’s staying put.

There’s a Berbatov-like languidness about his keeping and movement which is really good to watch.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I can understand if he wants to leave, he is too good to be a second keeper with minimum game time.

Could be #1 at a decent club.

arthurka

Way to good to be a spare.. With the wc coming up I can understand him wanting first 11 football..

lysglimt

Scout
If De Gea stays - I would be in favour of letting Romeo go and replacing him with Sam Johnstone. He has been absolutely outstanding every time I have seen him (granted only 4-5 times this season but still). Romero is too good to be stuck on our bench - and he deserves to play regularly for a good club.

And if we promote Johnstone to 2nd - he would probably stay at the club and be an England-regular within a few years.

Cliche Guevara

If De Gea stays - I would be in favour of letting Romeo go and replacing him with Sam Johnstone. He has been absolutely outstanding every time I have seen him (granted only 4-5 times this season but still). Romero is too good to be stuck on our bench - and he deserves to play regularly for a good club.

And if we promote Johnstone to 2nd - he would probably stay at the club and be an England-regular within a few years.
My guess is he’ll be freed in the summer and sign for a Championship club.

Johnston needs to play, he needs to go for the good of his career. He’s 25 and never played for the first team.

Romero seems happy to stay, he’s not a great GK, he wouldn’t be a no 1 at a top club, and I wouldn’t want him at our keeper, but he’s one of the best no 2’s in the world, and if he’s happy to stay then there is no need to change.

Cliche Guevara

I think we just extended it by a year along with Blind and Young.
I didn’t see that. Presumably it’s in order to secure a fee. I think if he was destined to be a regular in the England squad we’d be giving him a long-term deal and he’d be getting games for us now. He’ll be twenty-five soon.

Man Utd 2:0 Brighton

Trizy

Has he ever had a bad game? Brilliant again today. Would start for all Premier League clubs bar Spurs, City and Chelsea.

Loving the Falcao chant too!

Minimalist

Think this lads great. Always confident with him in nets. Shame he's sharing the job with Dave.

el3mel

Has he ever had a bad game? Brilliant again today. Would start for all Premier League clubs bar Spurs, City and Chelsea.

He was very poor against Bristol and Derby.

Very good game today though.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If we win the FA-cup, have we wn all tournaments where he's been our gk?
Or was he the League cup keeper too?
Still decent stats, and probably the best backup keeper in the game.
Would not be worried at all if DDG were sold (hope he retires here), and Romero becomes our nr. 1.

Web of Bissaka

Mr. dependable.

Actually I still feel nervy with him playing, but he's darn cool and composed, and commanding-organizing the defense around.

Good game, nothing to complaint about, good many saves.

My second MOTM.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At this rate of consistent good performances, no doubt he'll play the semi and final.

Interesting enough, similar to EL run last season.
I hope not, we got away with it last season due to the poor quality we faced in the Europa, if we play Spurs at Wembley though I want De Gea back in goal

Hansa

The best reserve goalkeeper in the world, I'm sure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Swansea away and I'll never forget it and that's why I'll never go overboard with any praise for him

Swansea away and I'll never forget it and that's why I'll never go overboard with any praise for him
One of the best no 2’s in the world, but definitely not good enough to be our no 1 or a first team keeper at a top club. Had nothing out of the ordinary to do today. Solid.

Web of Bissaka

I hope not, we got away with it last season due to the poor quality we faced in the Europa, if we play Spurs at Wembley though I want De Gea back in goal
Romero has his dodgy moments, and I'm still nervous seeing him play. Prefer De Gea for the final, but it's hard to know who Jose will decide. He may or may not do the same, reward Romero for the good run of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.