Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Where is he? He is not on the tour, right?
He's been injured (missed the World Cup because of it) and did travel on tour.
No matter how it sounds...if we can command a good fee for him I wouldn't oppose selling him. Grant has been excellent thus far and he could easily step in when needed. We are spoiled with goalkeeping options.
We need three goalkeepers for if one gets injured for an extended period of time. Grant was brought in so we could send Joel Pereira, Dean Henderson and Kieran O'Hara out on loan to get regular football.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
He's been injured (missed the World Cup because of it) and did travel on tour.

We need three goalkeepers for if one gets injured for an extended period of time. Grant was brought in so we could send Joel Pereira, Dean Henderson and Kieran O'Hara out on loan to get regular football.
I thought Romero's injury was a small one and he was going to be fit for the second or third Argentina game. Yet, Sampaoli sent him home. Sampaoli also got some criticism for that.

van Nistelrooy

Looks like Dalot has been given the #20 squad number for next season.

Seem strange that Romero would switch to another number with #1 and #13 occupied.

Georgan

Seem strange that Romero would switch to another number with #1 and #13 occupied.
When he came here he said he wanted #22, maybe LvG didn't understand and thought he wanted #21 and instead gave him #20. Wiki says he's moved to #16, which is weird but my guess is he finally got his hands on #22.

Prodigy24

Just googled some pictures of him in his previous clubs and it seems like he's had #22 everywhere. Makes sense now.

Classical Mechanic

He’s better with his feet than De Gea and by a margin. Couple of tasty moves started with him hitting it to Gomes who brought it down in the centre of the park and distributed it expertly. Reminded me of City a bit :nervous:

Also made me realise how rubbish the keepers in the reserves often are after watching a proper one playing.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Gah. He was looking solid with some very good saves, then it got shaky. Then it got fecked. I still love him.

Festive Sandvich

Thought he played very well up to the sending off, imo didnt need to come rushing out with two defenders there and the ball needing to be brought down, but it happens.

Fracture90

Made some good saves but didn't really need to get himself sent off for that handball, but then again we were shiit so idk anymore.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sell. Absolutely clueless. Good shot stopper but no spatial awareness. The amount of times Derby successfully closed him down something was always gonna happen. Stealing a living at United like many others.

ErranMorad

He is a dumass. That is why he was a back-up at Sampdoria and Monaco before we got him for free. Don't know how he got the reputation as the "best no.2 on the planet".

Bobski

Don't understand why a Keeper of his level is happy to waste some of his best years sitting on the bench. He could start for the majority of the teams in the PL.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Big Serge.

Normally he's fairly inactive and fluffs up his stats against pisspoor opposition, but he made some great stops today. He always looks like he's playing in slow motion when the ball is played back to him though, waits right until the last possible second to clear it when the attacking player is closing him down. Never in a hurry. Mad man.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
26 clean sheets. 63.4% clean sheet ratio. No other keeper with more than 20 clean sheets has even 55%. Next best is Carroll with 52.8%.

De Gea meanwhile is close to slipping to the bottom of any of our Premier League keepers. Currently 36.4% with Barthez at 36%.

Sara125

Just looking at the transition of the nature of comments from the 26th September to today and it's quite funny

Red_toad

All round good performance from him yet again. Didn't let us down, even though there were certain people claiming he's a calamity keeper prior to the game.

Sylar

Don't understand why a Keeper of his level is happy to waste some of his best years sitting on the bench. He could start for the majority of the teams in the PL.
Its a strange one. I remember before we got him, he wasnt really a starter. I was suspect of him as well cos he couldnt even hold his t-shirt for the photo correctly upon his signing.

Hes always done well for us. Think hes probably the best number 2 in the world.

Web of Bissaka

Easily the MOTM, back to his usual best again after the horrible League Cup game and poor CL game, I blame the big injury he had last season damaging his confidence.

Reliable second keeper, for a top team.

extincti fugax hominum

All round good performance from him yet again. Didn't let us down, even though there were certain people claiming he's a calamity keeper prior to the game.
:houllier:

The guy who said that needs to give his head a wobble because Romero has always been a very dependable keeper for us. We can not find a better number 2 than him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I've always said that if De Gea were to leave then I would be happy to see Romero get the #1 shirt. For me, he is a top 10 keeper in the world and could be a starter just about anywhere. In his time here, I have only seen him make one mistake and that was his positioning on Jones' own goal a few weeks back (which of course Jones has to share the blame). He is a top keeper. In fact, that "own goal" game is the only game I can think of where he has let in more than 1 goal in a match since he's been here. He has been that good...

(EDIT) Actually, I just looked it up. He's had two games this year with 2 goals against, and only 1 game before that has he ever let in 2 goals. Everything else has been either 1 goal or a clean sheet...

Last edited:

Djemba-Djemba

In his time at Utd I think he's had two poor games. Other than that he ranges from solid to brilliant.

He's been the ideal backup keeper.

Mick321

He's gotta be one of the better second keepers around and he's better than a lot of the first choices in the league. Hello Mr Pickford!

From the reports before we got him it seemed like he was a bit nuts, unreliable but he's anything but for us.

izec

His distribution isnt too bad. he is unlucky De Gea is never injured, would deserve to play more often and some games in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.